• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Bash only stunning and damaging Undead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there, I'm working in a Bash ability that only works on undeads, the problem is that the target selection of general abilities does not have any "Undead" option, so I have to do it using triggers, but i dont have any idea about casting passive abilities on targets, please help me! I'll give rep to helpers!

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You need a DDS in order to trigger an event if a unit is damaged.
Use some sort of orb effect like orb of corruption to make sure that the damage comes from an attack.
Then use a dummy to cast storm bolt at the target.

EDIT: Here is a map i created using Weep's DDS

Attachments

• BashUndead.w3x
    25.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 10
Pyro was right, to be more specific, change Target Allowed in Bash to Mechanical/ Suicidal/ Ancient and add Unit Classification to your Undead units Mechanical/ Suicidal/ Ancient will work. Or adding Ward to Target Allowed in both Bash and all Undead units also works.

Level 10
Adding Ward classification removes the command UI and prevents issuing orders-- not recommended. :grin:
Sorry for not being clear enough, it's this part I was talking about
Untitled.jpg

Level 3
You need a DDS in order to trigger an event if a unit is damaged.
Use some sort of orb effect like orb of corruption to make sure that the damage comes from an attack.
Then use a dummy to cast storm bolt at the target.

EDIT: Here is a map i created using Weep's DDS

Thanks, the stun is great, but since its an ability for a unit, i cant make the trigger Buff to work :c

Sorry for not being clear enough, it's this part I was talking about
View attachment 257586

I did as you said, but didnt work until i put the Suicidal clasification in "Unit Clasification - Undead, Suicidal", if I maintain that clasification for my undead units, there could be any trouble?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Just give the BuffPlacer ability directly to the unit you want to have the bash ability, make the Bash Undead ability a unit ability and give it also to your unit.

Level 8
According to this thread from the Warcraft 3 Campaigns, the suicidal tag prevents units from being loaded onto transports and allows them to use the Kaboom! abilities (Raw IDs: Asdg, Asd1, Asd2, Asds) with right-clicks.

Level 10
I did as you said, but didnt work until i put the Suicidal clasification in "Unit Clasification - Undead, Suicidal", if I maintain that clasification for my undead units, there could be any trouble?

Well, I said it in 2 sentences. There were 2 methods:
  1. Add victims' "Combat - Targeted As" Ward, and add Bash's Target Allowed Ward
  2. Add victims' "Unit Classification" Mechanical/ Suicidal/ Ancient, and add Bash's Target Allowed Mechanical/ Suicidal/ Ancient
Edit: Some spell will not affect Unit Classification, which is defined in Target Allowed. IIRC, default Carrion Swam and Frost Nova don't affect Mechanical units.

Level 3
According to this thread from the Warcraft 3 Campaigns, the suicidal tag prevents units from being loaded onto transports and allows them to use the Kaboom! abilities (Raw IDs: Asdg, Asd1, Asd2, Asds) with right-clicks.
My units are not exploding at right click, i thing they should have the ability to do so, but its a fact that now I cannot load them onto transports, anyways, now its working so thanks you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.