• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero ability questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey i have a couple of questions about a hero im making for my new map.

I wish to have a hero ability which increases the hitpoints of the hero called 'Healthy Steed'. Like most hero abilities that rely on item abilities i created a dummy ability based on bash and used the item ability which increases hitpoints as the real (invisible) ability on the hero. I made the appropriate triggers to make this work. Normally this would work perfectly but the hero simply does not gain any additional hitpoints using this method. Is there another way of doing this that does not require writing excessively large triggers?

The hero also has an ability called 'Trample' which temporarily gives the hero the bash ability. This was done simply by making a copy of the origional hero and simply giving them the bash ability then using a variation of metamorphasis to transform the hero into the copy of the hero with bash. I wrote triggers to make the level of bash on the entering unit equal to the level of 'Trample' on the triggering unit. The concept works fine, but the level of bash on the transformed hero is always 1 no matter what the level of the 'Trample' ability is. Should i be using a different trigger to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Level 33
Sadly, you can't make that Item Ability to level-based mechanism (as it won't be leveled up, it is designed for 1-level purpose only)
You must make it separately
A test map attached.

Attachments

• Gain Health Ability.w3x
    13 KB · Views: 48
Level 2
Thanks again for your help, the only problem now is that i need new triggers to make the health gain ability the correct level when in metamorphasis and then correct again when he changes back, which im not sure how to do with a trigger of this sort. Maybe there is a alternative way of creating the temporary bash abilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.