• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Mystery of Enginering Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i tried upgrade metamorphosis to bash ability
its work
but i can clink the bash icon (though is passive ability)
when i click my hero hp - 100 and the dmg increases around 200
i can click the icon till my hero hp below 0 and died

what happen

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Engineering upgrade will actually retain certain object parameters from the original abilities. It is not meant for completely replacing one ability for a completely different one.

Either treat your abilities as simple dummys without functionality (like using the "channel" ability) and trigger your spells, or use similar abilities.

Level 12
So.. You could use it to combine abilities? Stormbolt + Slow = stun + slow?

I doubt that would work. It would more likely use the slow duration for the stun duration or something.

I had a similar issue with rain of chaos. If you change the summoning spell to Spawn Tentacle, it stuns the tentacles for the duration you set in rain of chaos (instead of stunning units around them like with the normal rain of chaos). It's rather strange lol.

Level 12
so how about dota completely change abilities when equipped aganim scepter?
how to completely replacing abilities without changing its lvl and without troubles

You can do a few things:
1) Change the ability to a new one and make sure you keep the level as you switch back and forth.
2) Check when you cast the spell if the user has the item that changes the spell (and you just add in the tooltip of the spell what the bonuses are).
3) Use a dummy hero ability for levelling the actual ability (which is not a hero ability). When you get the item, increase levels of the ability. You could set it up like:
Level 1 - level 1 ability without item bonus
Level 2 - level 2 ability without item bonus
Level 3 - level 3 ability without item bonus
Level 4 - level 1 ability with item bonus
Level 5 - level 2 ability with item bonus
Level 6 - level 3 ability with item bonus
And then you add 3 when the hero gets the item and subtract 3 when they lose it.

There are probably more solutions, but I won't bother trying to think of them lol.

Level 24
Make 2 abilities based of Attribute Bonus.
Both hero abilities, both 0 added bonusses, and both false on icon show (the feature I want to use).
You can switch between these two using the Engineering upgrade without problems, as these abilities do 0.
However, when you level either of the abilities, you add/increase a real ability (the ability you want it to have) so you can use it.
When you add the engineering upgrade, you add the second ability and set it's level to the first one and remove the first one.
The attribute bonus abilities are merely for the leveling part.

Level 6
1 day work of spell system
need http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-418/system-bonus-mod-setunitmaxstate-65622/ by http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/earth-fury/ thanks to https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009933875934

Learn Skill
  • Learn Void
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Void Singularity
    • Actions
      • Hero - Create Void Hp Up and give it to (Learning Hero)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cffff8800Void Energy|r) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Temp_Unit = (Triggering unit)
          • Set Temp_Real = ((Max life of Temp_Unit) + 4000.00)
          • Custom script: call SetUnitMaxState(udg_Temp_Unit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE, udg_Temp_Real)
        • Else - Actions
Upgrade
  • Upgrade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffff8800Void Energy|r
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Void Lord
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to VOIDCHECKLVL
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in VOIDCHECKLVL and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Unit = (Picked unit)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Void change for (Picked unit)) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Void change to (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
              • Unit - Remove Void change from (Picked unit)
              • Set Temp_Real = ((Max life of Temp_Unit) + (4000.00 x (Real((Level of Void Singularity for Temp_Unit)))))
              • Custom script: call SetUnitMaxState(udg_Temp_Unit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE, udg_Temp_Real)
              • Trigger - Turn on void check <gen>
            • Else - Actions
Void Check (INITIALLY OFF)
  • void check
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (VOIDCHECKLVL is empty) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in VOIDCHECKLVL and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Void Breath (Level 2) for (Picked unit) to (Level of Void Singularity for (Picked unit))
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is dead) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from VOIDCHECKLVL
            • Else - Actions
Void lord upgrade off
  • void lord upgrade off
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffff8800Void Energy|r
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Void Lord
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Void Lord (shift 2)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from VOIDCHECKLVL

Level 6
you are half right
if i remove void check trigger then my hero cant lvled up void breath ability (i use void change (bear form)) to change model and that model have void breath

what if i acquired item after my void singularity skill is lvl 5 then my void breath wont lvl up lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.