• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banshee Queen Sylvanas

First model in the series from the new WoW cinematic Battle for Azeroth.
This one is made a month ago but I wanted to finish all of the characters and then upload them all together but I can't seem to find fitting animations set for the Anduin model so it will take some time. releasing that model.

I have to mention @-Grendel here because I used some of his effects as a guide for my own. I suck at making effects. :p

Give credits and enjoy!

Update: Fixed the belly and arms wrap. Made her face thinner. I also changed the stand animations to make it differ a bit from the original Sylvanas' animations (thanks to the Proxy for the suggestion).
Update: Deleted the duplicated attachment refs.
Previews
Contents

Banshee Queen Sylvanas (Model)

Banshee Queen Sylvanas_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
PROXY
Review: Awesome looking model. Not a fan of the green looking hair, it should be more white-blondish. Lookgs great ingame and fits very well. You only managed to duplicate some attachment points and put some of them in the wrong place. Clean them up...
Level 14
I love the perfect way that the armor has been recreated, using only in-game materials.

Adding a little red glow plane just before the pupils in the portrait would make the eyes flash red and could result in an improvement imo.
I would also consider tweaking the portrait talk sequence to smoothen it a little.

Level 2
Like what @Chaosy have said, the skin colour is inconsistent. Try taking reference from the image used in the Sylvanas Windrunner page of WoW Wiki. I don’t think I’ll be downloading this until the changes have been made.

Level 10
*clap clap clap...Mod Review*
this one is very nice but not "VeRy NIce" lol
like they said, the skins are yeah inconsistent, even the hair its kinda "yellow greenish".
Still, love your works and those spell animations.
Keep it flowin sir!

Level 4
As Chaosy said, different colors of body and face catches the eye, but this is very cool Sylvanas model. Armor, proportions, I think all is done very good.

Inconsistent skin color, stomach is dark blue unlike the face which seems to be rather pale.

Like what @Chaosy have said, the skin colour is inconsistent. Try taking reference from the image used in the Sylvanas Windrunner page of WoW Wiki. I don’t think I’ll be downloading this until the changes have been made.

As Chaosy said, different colors of body and face catches the eye, but this is very cool Sylvanas model. Armor, proportions, I think all is done very good.

lmao :xxd: have you people tried to check the model ingame? to see if such inconsistencies are too noticeable?

Level 50
lmao :xxd: have you people tried to check the model ingame? to see if such inconsistencies are too noticeable?
All they did was check the model in hive's model viewer. I always seem to 'hide some flaws' so they are not visible in game. But I'll se what can I do.

I wish you had given her other stand animations than the standard archer/sylvanas ones). Some similar to the one in her screenshot (basically the stance at the start and end of the spell lol) would fit so much better.
Nice idea. I will try something out.

Level 34
Another excelent model!
And the proportions would need some final touch ups.
welp, at least her torso is not longer than her legs X'D (just kidding), i think that the proportions are very good, and ingame look really good
The point is you can zoom the model in model editor however you can but you should always view it from the camera perspective in game.
This.

Level 4
Stefan.K, I addressed my second comment to Misha, because I can't ignore such insolent tone. Its a good model, i just notice one minor thing what can be seen in cinematics. Forgive me, if I somehow offend you.

Level 50
Stefan.K, I addressed my second comment to Misha, because I can't ignore such insolent tone. Its a good model, i just notice one minor thing what can be seen in cinematics. Forgive me, if I somehow offend you.
No, it's okay. Though you guys should really think a little of us modelers because of the fact we use in game textures. It is not a custom texture so you can paint it however you can. I tried to match the color and failed according to people's comments. Even though I could use the same color as her face (to actually wrapp her belly and arms to the part of the face) but will look out of place and plain.

Level 4
It is neither NE nor Forsaken since its skin is not semi-purple or gray. What race is this?
+4

Level 4
Italic

I tried to match the colors as much as I could but that isn't really visible in game.

It is not a custom texture so you can paint it however you can. I tried to match the color and failed according to people's comments. Even though I could use the same color as her face (to actually wrapp her belly and arms to the part of the face) but will look out of place and plain.

Level 10
how bout this
get that Lady covered coz thats how she is in Legion~BfA xD

sylvanas_windrunner___world_of_warcraft___bfa_by_kiwistarling-dbvf8h4.png
:goblin_yeah:

Level 10
there it is!
now, just pointing out some small things. Her side chins(lol) needs a facelift.
and lastly the color of the hair and eyebrows. im thinking of arthas' hair color? for an example.
But again its just "Minor things" you know.

Hope to see more of your works dude!
BfA Anduin/Jaina/WorGenn

Level 2
By the way, @Stefan.K, will there be a set of icons for this Hero? There are several models here, not just specifically the Banshee Queen but in general, that do not have any icon at all. :vw_death:

Level 7
Once this model resource gets approved or awaiting update or substandard state by General Frank or PROXY.

Will have chances to be compatible with custom skins like 67chrome's DarkSylvanas_by67chrome.blp skin or TheReaper's Sylvanas skin or any skin/texture fitting for this model.

I'm about to work on a Warcraft Lore themed (Not my custom made project lore that i work on involving Angels, Nephilim, Cambions, Erelim, Cherubs and other races, fauna, monsters, gods, etc) wallpaper with a small, medium or large group of Dark Rangers lead by the Banshee Queen as their leader.

I'll download the model after it's updated and approved until i have a chance to ask you to use your "Banshee Queen Sylvanas" model or use the vanilla Dark Ranger model with 67chrome's skin so that i give you and him/her credit and super duper important permission to use after asking if it involves yes or no.

I will be patient and waiting really soon. :pcon:

~J-Kun FeruEnzeru 5/5

P.S: I liked the actual Warcraft Elven Red Colored Eye Whites and Irises better than regular eye whites instead.

Last edited: