• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

banlist check origin on me always show unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
so today i tried to play a dota game and the host did /fromall and showed my origin as unknown... anyone lnow how to fix?
might it be a virus? my AVG virus protection program once in a long while would say "coution virus detected" and usaully its from my wc3 folder and its the Jass newgen thing that i downloaded

Level 28
That doesn't occur with wc3banlist as far as i know - also, how would you relate a virus to the incompetence of wc3banlist to determine the origins?
By the way, what's the problem if you come from 'unknown'?
Maybe his banlist just was sick or else - whenever I encounter such users coming from 'unknown', i'll check them a few more times during the game but in the end i don't mind.
BL should determine the origin according to the ips and if an ip can't be resolved, the user comes from nowhere -> unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.