• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Balancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Be more specific. Try adjusting their stats, armor, price of the itens they can buy, effects of those itens. Abilities mana cost, effects. Etc. There are a lot of things to adjust. Begins with small changes, then keep changing it little by little 'till you get the perfect balance.

Level 5
Lol, balancing is always a pain in the ass xD.

I have like 12 unique boss battles in my map, and i've found that you should first try to find the unit weaknesses , (e.g. is stun rigged or something), cover that, test, and check for new weaknesses that appear (e.g. the boss' ability damage or casting time is rigged), and rinse and repeat until its good. Then when you make new bosses, base the same general stats on that (Hp, attack, armor), and tweak about to make each of them unique (e.g. sacrificing some Hp on the boss but increasing its attack).

A lot of rinse and repeat and re-test, but it does work, and it pays off in the end.

Level 8
Lol, balancing is always a pain in the ass xD.

I have like 12 unique boss battles in my map, and i've found that you should first try to find the unit weaknesses , (e.g. is stun rigged or something), cover that, test, and check for new weaknesses that appear (e.g. the boss' ability damage or casting time is rigged), and rinse and repeat until its good. Then when you make new bosses, base the same general stats on that (Hp, attack, armor), and tweak about to make each of them unique (e.g. sacrificing some Hp on the boss but increasing its attack).

A lot of rinse and repeat and re-test, but it does work, and it pays off in the end.

do you know of like a chart that can tell how one attribute affects damage and health. Because im having trouble figuring out whats a good armor number, because its different for every boss. And do you know how to read the data damage, because i dont really understand how base damage combines with or affects sides per die and number of dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.