• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

bad things about WoW

is wow good or bad

• it is bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • havn't tried it yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Oh kerrigan you're poor that sux

I havn't played it but the same type of game play is possible with warcraft 3 engine so it's just a stutn for money

I don't think theres that much that would be to good

Level 7
aah... speaks as one who has never tried mmorpg - and this WoW concept to be so polished as they say it is... I can't wait to get my hands on it - somehow, I suspect its underrated :roll: atleast ppl I speak with, tells me that it is better than expected

don't begin to compare Wc3 map mods with a finalized mmorpg, really, its undoable :wink:

Level 5
Wow is good I think.

Its all pretty good except be cool if you could cut trees and make buildings:) with other players*farms=houses* Make houses of your own then small communitties might pop-up and die off :D

Level 18
Well me personally i think it was worse than expected and its way ovehyped, by people who never played it or other mmorpgs.

1. Its a cheap ripoff of daoc, which is a rip off of eq.

2. Everyone who plays a class is the exact same.

3. everyone looks the same ingame.

4. i cant be an abomination

5. Its boreing compared to other games.

6.Its all grind, and go here do that style play.

Level 7
@Tarusho - kindda like Horizon? Thats way cool you can have communities like that ^^

@Sansui - well, its an mmorpg... they are basicly all rip offs of eq :p

can't be an abomination, well that is sad :p but I imagine you would feel like the many who played the Dragon class in Horizons when it got nerfed - suddenly unrealistic weak in comparison :wink:

is it boring compared to other mmorpg's, cause that would explain alot for me if ye said so :cry:

Level 16
1: $156 a year
2: So many idiots are making crap imitations, some of which truly represent it.
3: So many nerdy websites are all over it, making it look like DND, which is like NWN, another MMORPG (not saying Darky's is bad)
4: Site lost great community members
5: Because of what Darky announced, Blizz is being a big fat jerk because of IP banning people just so they have to buy localized software :roll:
6: The beta had crap like lasers and SMGs, and there was a rumor about a company who was composed ot idiots who wanted to buy electronic data (your items and equipment, like in gay little runescape)

Level 5
Well, I don't know how good it is, so I'm gonna test it for a while at a friends house, but I think this whole buisness of IP banning for Wow is kinda stupid. I'm from Canada, and I know this sounds nerdy, but it's really kool to meet someone from, say, Austrailia, or Russia when playing battle.net, and this is gonna destroy that oppertunity (meeting people from just America isn't as "exciting"). I hope Blizzard changes their mind about this.

Level 7
yeah, thats the only reason I wouldn't support blizzard :cry:

@halo - you oughta visit gamespy or gamerevolution and read thier reviews on the matter. It gives somewhat a picture of what it is like

Level 5
i think it's a good game for the ones that want to roleplay as warcraft-characters. after all, that's what an mmorpg is all about. a friend of mine played the beta and loved it, except for one thing: the people that just powerleveled and not even considered roleplaying their characters.
WoW is hyped, but I think it's a good game, considering the rewiews and what people say.

Level 7
#4 - to develop a community feeling e.i like that of wc3sear.ch
#5 - discoviring the storyline/be fabled yourself

and when you put it like this, FPS is shoot and dodge,
strategy is fastest with upgrades and training units
Action/Adventure is follow the right path, or get burned
Racing is don't chrash

Aso. but we all know that there is more too it than that, atleast, we get caught ip in the atmosphere of it

Level 8
Couldn't try it, cuz it isn't available yet... In Germany, it will be released in 2005. But, when it is available, I'm not interested anymore, cuz Battlefield 2 will be released then, too.

Level 4
man i was really wanting to get wow but now there is no way im getting it. it costs $99 and then you have to pay $156 and i guess thats american as i live in australia and i dont have that kind of money.

i would cost me about $300 to buy the game and play for a year. Im only 12 so i dont have that kind of money

And im not on the internet enough to pay that amount of money for a game

Level 7
? was the somewhat not a policy that you had to be atleast 13 to play, and if you are less than 18, you need your parents permission - anywhos some crap like that was planted in my face when I first tried to join the beta

yah - I'm gonna play both Battlefield 2 and WoW, I don't use enough money anyway as it is :p (as in, I'm actually not that big a spender)

Level 9
Bad things about WoW:
I didn't get into the beta
People make these topics
Its gonna blow EQ to simithereens... (wait, thats a good thing :D )
Anyway, I've heard whole load of negative things about WoW, but i'll play it all the same, I trust blizzard to make it kick***

Level 22
? was the somewhat not a policy that you had to be atleast 13 to play, and if you are less than 18, you need your parents permission - anywhos some crap like that was planted in my face when I first tried to join the beta

Personally I support that. In my C&C days, %90+ of the griefers, backstabbers, hackers, or people just acting immature were all ages 10-13. Little kids/low teens do not belong gaming if they dont know how to act like responsible gamers...
-VGsatomi

Level 23
VGsatomi said:

Personally I support that. In my C&C days, %90+ of the griefers, backstabbers, hackers, or people just acting immature were all ages 10-13. Little kids/low teens do not belong gaming if they dont know how to act like responsible gamers...
-VGsatomi

Amen to the macks. If I wasn't blessed with indifference, the stress of being annoyed 24/7 would've cut 30 years off of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.