• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yeah, they've missed many a thing when they removed campaign data, including many, many images. As well as sounds. And even a few models. Just doodads though.

Expect the campaign units when either A) They allow us to test a few campaign missions in the beta (if, really) or B) when the game is released.

Level 11
I can't either.

However, there are tons of unused unit icons they have in the editor, and I believe the 76x76 pixel ones are for units which are present in the campaign but haven't been added to the editor yet to prevent spoilers and such.

Also, could you provide some screenshots of said campaign units so we can see what they look like?

Level 11
Vulture and Firebat icons are in there, and there are broken iconfiles for practically all of the other SC1 units.

Potentially, they just haven't gotten around to adding these units in yet, and all they have at this point is the filepaths. Alternatively, they were only planned to be added very early in development and everything was removed except for the broken icon files.

They might add more SC1 units for each race as they release the other expansion packs with additional campaigns, dunno.

EDIT: Also, the portraits for the Goliath and the Vulture can be unlocked via achievements. I think thats a pretty strong hint both units are in the game (or at least will be available in the editor). Also, theres a screenshot I saw with some heavily armored red-tinted troops armed with flamethrowers. Pretty sure those were firebats.

Blizz also confirmed that things like the Terratron/Tauren Marine would be in the editor, but obviously they aren't in it currently. :\

Level 11
I wonder if they will put in like a grunt/footman skin, like they put a zerg/hydralisk skin in warcraft 3 :p

I bet a bunch of fun little things will be put into this game, since they have had 7 years to think about it as the warcraft 3 community grew to epic proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.