• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Back-to-basic ORPG

Do you like the idea?

• I like the idea

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I like the idea, but I don't think it will work

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I don't like the idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post your opinion)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey Hive.

I've got this idea of an ORPG that I'm a bit unsure of how will be received, so I thought I'd ask your opinions here.

The idea:
To create an ORPG, with several "main"-storylines, many, many side-quests, and a interactive fighting system. (Nothing special about that)
This ORPG will ignore all the fancy things of the newer RPGs, and go back to the basics of an ORPG, going for less direct visual things, and more for the feel of the world the players will be experiencing.

Gameplay > Visuals
is what I'm aiming for.

Please vote or comment (preferably both) so I can get a general idea of how it'll work out.
Oh, and I won't actually name it Back-to-basic ORPG.

Last edited:
Level 6
Yes that's what I'm thinking aswell. There's all these new and great ORPGs, but most of them are kind of boring in my opinion, sure, if you get a shiny new sword your character will be holding it, but that doesn't make the map any more fun, it's just visual effects, and should not replace fun and interesting gameplay.

That said, I will ofcourse not ignore visuals totally, but I'll limit it to already ingame models and enhancements.

Level 19
ur right shadow mostly games are boring and sword and stuff dont make the game more fun. u have to make it very good.

i suggest u nake it 2 teams 1 evil 1 good side and u must hurry up with creeping to take down enemys bases etc and there are like 3 main buildings in each team u have to destroy to win sumthing like that ? mybe or u may have a better idea :p

Level 6
I probably won't have any PvP, maybe I'll include a small arena or something, but nothing big, so all the heroes will be on the same team.

Level 6
Yeah, I've already figured out that I will have to make everything look good, but I won't overdo it.
The terrain also, must ofcourse be good.
I've already drawn a few maps, not sure which one I'll be using, but I'm trying to include some variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.