• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

save/load system idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
For my orpg, I'm hoping to get as close to an actual orpg as possible, which means free trading. However, I do not want to have a person load, give away his stuff, then reload.

I have an idea for a save/load system that forcibly saves you character at a set interval, and at the start of the game gives you an option to load character files.

Is there anyway to do this? I've seen an example in an orpg, but I forgot what it was.

Level 14
Do you mean, load, give stuff, reload, load, give stuff, reload?Or, Load, give items, leave game, host again, load, give items, etc?
Then, just..
1-Make the items "Soulbound" when saved..
OR..
2-May only load once..

Level 7
Did you bother to read his post? he said he wanted to ENABLE free trading, soul bound items wouldn't really allow that now would it?

As for how you would do it, I can't really think of a way. I mean, you could just give items to another hero, then leave and start a new game without saving.. Pretty sure it's not possible :/

Status
Not open for further replies.