• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Account System Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey all!
I just got an idea of a new save/load system, and I was wondering if it is possible:
Account System.
When a user writes -save, the system asks him to write a code. Wc3 then saves the data (which is the typed code) and tells the user to write it back when he comes another day. The code should be username-specific, to give it a more account look.
Do you think it can work :confused: ?

What if two users have the same password? That would glitch or leak or something.

Whats wrong with the traditional /save command that comes up with a random code of numbers and letters to type into the game again?

I think that's why he wants it to be username specific...

Some save-load systems uses player names(the one I'm using uses it, its the one made by AceHeart,)...

Level 14
What if two users have the same password? That would glitch or leak or something.
As I said, it should be username specific. Having two same passwords but not the same items is not a problem since there isn't a same username. Maybe two users may have the same password and they're in one game, but that is REALLY rare.
Whats wrong with the traditional /save command that comes up with a random code of numbers and letters to type into the game again?
Nothing, it's just... Sometimes, the save/load code just depends on items, experience and gold, thus making it easily hacked. That is a huge problem. With account system, you CANNOT hack since there is NOTHING to write.
Some save-load systems uses player names(the one I'm using uses it, its the one made by AceHeart,)...
Can't they still be hacked? Anyways, AceHart's save/load system is cool, but it is not what I am talking about :)
Ive never seen it done this way, however I think if it could be done to work this way that would be very good.
I've never seen it too. And yes, if it could work like this, it would be great..

Level 14
Yes, you type your own code and the game keeps it. When you load it, you load for example -load 0123456789abcdefgh and it loads your character with items and gold.Mb wood, too.

Level 14
I dont know, but if it is not, a minimum limit of hmm...9 characters?For 6 items,amount of gold, hero and hero level?And if you want wood, too, then it will be 10 >.> (and ten is not much.)
Anyways, It is just an idea, and/or a request.. (Cause I want to know if it is possible to make)

Level 21
Well, that's a very interesting idea...

An account system would be very nice, and easy to make, too.
I mean, what's so hard to do? Just save some number/strings/IDs in a gamecache and load and process them when need to...
You can save things like that "user - password" and "data label" (in the labels).

Level 14
Eh, if only Game caches can be used... Then no luck, it won't work. Ahh damn. Would be so cool. Especially for ORPGs that want to be like WoW/other MMO's..
Anyways, thanks for the info.

Level 14
Anyways, what Maximilianx says is probably true. So this is not possible, except if there's some thing new.. Maybe included in SC II :p

Level 14
Lol, a pile of dust.. Depends on many things..
One of them, if it is well used...You can do anything (almost) you want..
And a save/load with selfmade code is impossible..
Nothing is impossible..
Anyways, good luck with anything you're doing,
and thanks for answering.

~Herian

Status
Not open for further replies.