• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Azeroth: Fires of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
If I may I have an alternative suggestion for the blood elf buildings you can use these since you don't have Kirin Tor faction you can use Ujimasa Hojo's Arcane Buildings
and use this texture made by Spinel Sin'dorei Texture
skins_5382_screenshot_tnb.jpg

If you want thatched buildings for Vrykul here are some that I found.

Rural Buildings
Watchtower

Last edited:
Level 24
I found those building on Wc3.net The author was never able to finish them all because he lost the files in a computer change. I've been planning how the Vrykul will work since there isn't that much to do. They can specialize in navel raiding type combat, beastial focused (like mammoths and wolves), or some kind of special magical specialization.

The Vrykul are based on the vikings and the vikings equipment was all outdated and ancient except for one item, their ships. The vikings made infamous dragon ships that could sail anywhere from the open ocean to small rivers, they had excellent speed and stability. The quality of their ships which were the envy of the world. With their ships Leif Eriksson even managed to colonize modern day Canada in the year 1001. So making them a naval faction with many expensive but strong soldiers would be a good idea. If we take a look at the vikings again then it was their attitude towards battle that made them easily dominate any other group, but Scandinavia was never rich on inhabitants so it does make sense.

I think they will work as a raiding faction. They raid towns and villages (using Pillage) so there units will be good but it will be hard to obtain a large amount of them. But to make up for there lack of armies they will have the best defensive structures.

Well towns such as Birka were well fortified and I adore the pillage idea, sounds like it could work. So the idea will be to steal gold from your neighbors so you get a much swifter expansion than them and then be able to build a real army and dominate all the other players?

What do you think? Any ideas?

Overall it's a darn good idea.

Level 19
Dragonships and proto-dragons? Awesome.
Fast, strong ships and expensive land units but with little versatility in its ranks to balance them.
What about spell-casters? They have little knowledge about magic.

Level 24
Like what kind of spells? Lightning-based? Fire-based? Unholy? I don't play WoW :vw_wtf:

The only canon info that we do have is that they've been taught necromancy by the Lich King but this map is supposed to take place prior to that so that's no good. There has also been rumored to be some kind of rune magic that they could in fact use. As for specific spells that they use I'd recommend you to look up dragonslayer seer who casts lightning bolt, chain lightning and healing wave.

Level 24
Isn't this WotLK period?

Well color me daft... I don't know whether he edited this or I'm just blind but you're right, I think I remember it just saying it take place in the early days of WoW. But yes in that case you could also add Sindragosa as a hero for the scourge.

Level 5
Well color me daft... I don't know whether he edited this or I'm just blind but you're right, I think I remember it just saying it take place in the early days of WoW. But yes in that case you could also add Sindragosa as a hero for the scourge.

Yea I've been editing it as we go and I made it just Wrath after it was a better idea to just get rid of outland.

I got a very good model for the Vrykul ship and since there race will be the most simple they will only have one ship type capable of doing the job of all 3 base ships. The ship will also be faster then any other ship if that is the specialization the player chooses. I also got a proto drake rider model that can either be flying or on the ground.

Level 19
Kirin Tor and Exodar for the win! (Want this really bad LOL) :ogre_hurrhurr:

What about Longships for fast transport ship and Dragonships for heavier, bigger transport ship?

Edit: If you made it just WotLK are you planning to bring it to Cataclysm?

Last edited:
Level 5
Kirin Tor and Exodar for the win! (Want this really bad LOL) :ogre_hurrhurr:

What about Longships for fast transport ship and Dragonships for heavier, bigger transport ship?

this is wrath so I was thinking kind of how naga can enslave the Gorlocks, the humans or blood elves can go to Dalaran and get control over it.

Also I was thinking something like that but make a epic elite ship available after specializing in Naval raiding that is a lot stronger and calling it Dragonship or something.

Level 24
Yea I've been editing it as we go and I made it just Wrath after it was a better idea to just get rid of outland.

I got a very good model for the Vrykul ship and since there race will be the most simple they will only have one ship type capable of doing the job of all 3 base ships. The ship will also be faster then any other ship if that is the specialization the player chooses. I also got a proto drake rider model that can either be flying or on the ground.

You have no idea how much I love proto-drake, it has been 6 years since Ulduar (wow I'm old...) but I still only use the Iron-bound proto-drake mount. ^^ And I agree it's better to just use the islands, we've seen so f-ing much of Outland from Blizzard already I just want to get back to my home base.

this is wrath so I was thinking kind of how naga can enslave the Gorlocks, the humans or blood elves can go to Dalaran and get control over it.

Also I was thinking something like that but make a epic elite ship available after specializing in Naval raiding that is a lot stronger and calling it Dragonship or something.

Sweet idea and whoever controls it can get a hero either Aethas for the blood elves or Rhonin for the humans.

Level 5
You have no idea how much I love proto-drake, it has been 6 years since Ulduar (wow I'm old...) but I still only use the Iron-bound proto-drake mount. ^^ And I agree it's better to just use the islands, we've seen so f-ing much of Outland from Blizzard already I just want to get back to my home base.

I got it a few months ago after another 2 months of soloing that place for the achieves. (I never want to do or help anyone ever again on the dragon has to kill 50 mobs one!).

I've also done some work to Howling Fjord for the Vrykul I post a screenshot in a few minutes.

Level 24
Alright, it will be fun to see what heroes you decided to go with. I'd like to see the forsaken next but if this is WotLK time period you also can't use Varimartharas as a forsaken hero, you'll have to do something like Sylvanas Windrunner, Lillian Voss and Nathanos.

Level 5
Need Nerubians/Faceless buildings?[/IMG]

Yea but I ill get those later. I'm going to save the crazy complicated factions for last.

The screenshot is there now.

As for Forsaken Heros I can use Varimartharas in the beginning because he doesn't betray her until Wrath Gate (I Think) and then a special event can happen were a part of Undercity gets attack by demons and he turns evil.

Level 24
Also I'm an idiot Lillian Voss doesn't appear until Cataclsym you couldn't possibly add her. But yes I think the way to go is Sylvanas, Varimartharas and Nathanos.

Level 5
Here's a screenshot from above
223190-albums8541-picture103511.png

Also what sound set should I use for Vrykul buildings and units?

Level 24
Looks fabulous it always warms my heart to see someone who understands the value of rolling shores. As for sound sets they shouldn't really be that different from the humans since in-game they sound very similar. See here.

Level 5
Looks fabulous it always warms my heart to see someone who understands the value of rolling shores. As for sound sets they shouldn't really be that different from the humans since in-game they sound very similar. See here.

I could use a little bandit with regular human sounds.

Level 5
I'm almost done with the Vrykul buildings. Once I figure out what to use for seer training building and towers I put up a screenshot.

Sorry it is taking longer then I would have liked but a unique thing about the Vrykul race on this map is they will be able to train workers and basic units from their farms while elite units like Drake Riders are trained from the barracks.

Last edited:
Level 5
142431-albums5911-picture93023.png

I couldn't find Mercenary-like buildings anywhere. :vw_unimpressed:

Thanks. I'm going without a spell casting building, There will only be one caster and he will be trained in the barracks. the basic units like Raider (footman based), Harpooner (spearman), and Worker will be trainable from farms and the rest will be trained from barracks. Once I figure out how to get the proto drake rider to use its flying animations it will be trained from keeps (workers trained here too).

Level 24
Looks awesome, technicaly it would make more sense to have the Val'kyr in the scourge faction but I do understand if you're running short on option. Although I must admit that the buildings are not as awesome as the sin'dorei ones I think you did well with what you had to work with.

Level 5
Looks awesome, technicaly it would make more sense to have the Val'kyr in the scourge faction but I do understand if you're running short on option. Although I must admit that the buildings are not as awesome as the sin'dorei ones I think you did well with what you had to work with.

From what I know the Vrykul allied with the Lich King calling him their Death God.

there is also going to be a wolf unit, and sadly there were no Vrykul ranged units.

Level 24
From what I know the Vrykul allied with the Lich King calling him their Death God.

there is also going to be a wolf unit, and sadly there were no Vrykul ranged units.

That's a shame, but who are the two heroes, I assume they're Syreian and king Ymiron pr maybe Skadi?

Level 5
That's a shame, but who are the two heroes, I assume they're Syreian and king Ymiron pr maybe Skadi?

The warrior is King Ymiron, the Wolf rider is Syreian the Bonecarver, and I have another hero model for a male seer or mage character, I just don't know any.

Im using a darkend bandit assassin model for a spear thrower for now.

Level 5
You can ask if someone can edit the spearman to a spear thrower.

almost every race is going to have a spearman of some kind for a good unit against Calvary. I'm giving Calvary units medium armor and edited piercing damage to do more to medium making Calvary vulnerable to spearman and archers. But archers and casters will be vulnerable to Calvary.

Also the Vrykul are going to use the Val'kyr kind of like a support unit and there master upgrade ability will be based of the Tauren resurrection ability.

Level 5
I'm doing Forsaken. I'm working on the Undercity right now then I'll start doing buildings then units. I'm getting the custom Forsaken buildings and the wretched models might work for base units.

Also should I go for default undead style or do a more human styled Forsaken with workers, warriors, archers, and buildings.

Level 24
I'm doing Forsaken. I'm working on the Undercity right now then I'll start doing buildings then units. I'm getting the custom Forsaken buildings and the wretched models might work for base units.

Also should I go for default undead style or do a more human styled Forsaken with workers, warriors, archers, and buildings.

Well you're going to want to have at least some difference between scourge and forsaken so I'd recommend that for the forsaken you go with ruined human structures and as for the scourge you go for more traditional undead building.

Just my personal opinion but I thought the original versions were better.

Level 5
Well you're going to want to have at least some difference between scourge and forsaken so I'd recommend that for the forsaken you go with ruined human structures and as for the scourge you go for more traditional undead building.

And backdoor sewer entrance, yay or nay.

Level 5
I just thought how I have a screenshot of Howling Fjord I should show one of Silvermoon too.
223190-albums8541-picture103571.png

Status
Not open for further replies.