• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] faction war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
welcome to warcraft 3 faction war where factions battle it out for supremacy and where each tier you advance to can be either good, evil og neutral. about the map: each player chose a race, then they choose a main faction and each main faction can choose a sub faction from a list of 3. each sub faction have their own unique sub faction with tier 3 being maximum. i have done all of the work myself so far but it got too large for me to handle alone so i could use some help to complete it faster. terraining would help as well.

Attachments

• faction war alpha14.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 122
Level 14
What is sad is that few of the races are complete and half of the imports are spended perhaps reduce the number of races you want to make because you will not be able to inport the good number of buildings and of units models. With the planned project size it is not possible to make it in less than eight MB (the maximum size playable in multiplayer)

Level 21
the scourge and the higher elves is complete. the animals will only use custom attack graphics. the lawful humans use very few custom models and they will only use custom models for the nuclear silo of the nuclear war faction. the orcs will only use custom models for 1 building. the human republic doesnt use any custom models. it is mostly the elves and the ascension that will use custom models. if i should run out of space i might try to slim some triggers or something. there is however models that isnt being used so if i dont find a use for them i might remove them.

Level 6
the scourge and the higher elves is complete.

You sure about this?
High elves are not complete ... I hope (I didnt test the scourge though)

1. add building descriptions (+ hotkeys, would be better)
2. add new units, (and if you already use the priests, sorceress... then at least add new abilities...)
3. the buildings should be placed user-friendly in the build menu of the worker
4. only 1 hero is a little bit boring, here too, no original abilities
5. the wood-gathering animation is like wisp one.. looks a little bit strange
6. lack of descriptions for example: you have a manashield-spell but it doesn't say wich units gets it, what it does and so on (at research)
7. I don't know why but building barracks is quite strange, since you can place them very near to eachother.
8. Maybe too many upgrades to get a tower?
9. The swordmen doesnt look very highelfish... I would choose this one instead: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/elven-shieldsman-48766/?prev=d=list&r=200&c=9&t=1 or this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/elven-swordsman-48764/?prev=d=list&r=200&c=9&t=1

Other useful stuff:
-Why not use original icons? Icons can change much of a games "feeling" and quality.
-terrain is quite boring (but i guess thats just the object data map ^^)

Level 21
the swordsman is the same that is used in the blood elf campaign. if text is missing i can certainly fix that once i am done with the animals. mana shield is a general spell used by all. the higher elves gather lumber like the night elves do. i didnt know about that stacking bug but i will fix it. seems that i also forgot to add the balista. now i know about those bugs so i can fix them when the animals is done. the buildings are in the same locations as they use to be so i wont make the higher elves more convenient than other races. adding more models will only be considered once the other races have theirs.

Level 21
the higher elves have an icon for the tower that doesnt work so if someone could fix it i could have used it. faction war is a massive project so i cant fit everything into it. most factions can get either unique units or unique buildings. blizzard need to either increase the maximum size or the compression.

Level 6
I would recommend you to reduce the amount of races.. by each race added you loose on the most important: quality

As often said quality > quantity

Gl with your project though

Ask Apathetic to fix that icon for you, he does small requests.

Level 21
there isnt a lot of races in the first place. the only custom race is the animals and they use built in stuff for everything except some attacks but attack graphics isnt very big. i could go on blizzard`s forums and request that they add all of the beta models. that would save me some space if they follow it.(i am using the beta necropolis model.) this entire project is based on choosing sub factions of each race. i will look for ways to reduce space so that i can add more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.