• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Azeroth: Fires of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm going to do Naga for sure. Yogg-Saron is a must but I'm not sure of what unit types to go for, like just faceless ones or throw some Nerubians and titan constructs in there.
I'm going to start working on factions again. I'll be finishing the trolls and Night Elves, and starting Humans of Stormwind, Dwarves, and the Scourge.

Level 24
You have Iron dwarves, Iron Vrykul you could also take some free license and create corrupted proto-dragons like Galakrond was.

Level 21
I'm going to do Naga for sure. Yogg-Saron is a must but I'm not sure of what unit types to go for, like just faceless ones or throw some Nerubians and titan constructs in there.
Sounds like a party I want to be invited to

Level 5
The Night Elves are done, here are some screenshots. Darnassus still needs some work though.
223190-albums8541-picture104228.png
223190-albums8541-picture104229.png

Level 24
Looks neat, and poor Malfurion he's shorter than Maiev and Tyrande. :D But to be fair it is a matriarchal society.

Level 5
Looks neat, and poor Malfurion he's shorter than Maiev and Tyrande. :D But to be fair it is a matriarchal society.

I noticed the heros seem a little short so I increased all there sizes a little.

I have an idea on adding the caverns of time as a way to add a few more epic bosses to the map. It will just be a portal that leads to a chamber with a few portals to different boss chambers that are different levels.

Level 24
I noticed the heros seem a little short so I increased all there sizes a little.

I have an idea on adding the caverns of time as a way to add a few more epic bosses to the map. It will just be a portal that leads to a chamber with a few portals to different boss chambers that are different levels.

Sounds good, the night elves could get Kur'Talos Ravencrest, humans Aegwynn, Horde Grommash Hellscream, Blood Elves Anastarian Sunstrider and the naga could get Varo'then.

Level 5
Sounds good, the night elves could get Kur'Talos Ravencrest, humans Aegwynn, Horde Grommash Hellscream, Blood Elves Anastarian Sunstrider and the naga could get Varo'then.

Giving Heros is a interesting idea but what would be weird is garrosh seeing his father that is supposed to have died.

Level 24
Giving Heros is a interesting idea but what would be weird is garrosh seeing his father that is supposed to have died.

You could replace Garrosh with Varrok. Always liked him way better.

Varok Saurfang said:
"My boy died at the Wrath Gate. I am here only to collect his body. We named him Dranosh. It means "Heart of Draenor" in orcish. I would not let the warlocks take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by the elders of Garadar. I made a promise to his mother before she died; that I would cross the Dark Portal alone - whether I lived or died, my son would be safe. Untainted... Today, I fulfill that promise."

Seriously who thinks that quote is inferior to any line Blizzard has ever delivered?

Level 24
Is there a burial site for horde heros or do they do pyres or something?

Glad you asked, after you defeat Deathbringer Saurfang, Varok says this.

Varok Saurfang said:
You will have a proper ceremony in Nagrand next to the pyres of your mother and ancestors. Honor, young heroes... no matter how dire the battle... Never forsake it!

Level 5
I'm not sure if I should give the Night Elves all their territory in Kalimdor do to it being a large portion of the continent.

Level 24
I'm not sure if I should give the Night Elves all their territory in Kalimdor do to it being a large portion of the continent.

You could always give them Teldrassil, Darkshore and half of Ashenvale and put the Horde between them and expansion.

Level 24
I can do that. Right now I'm tired and not feeling so well, so no scourge today.

Fantastic you would have to make it hard for the Horde to expand while wagging war against the night elves though otherwise they'd have all of center and northern Kalimdor for themselves.

Level 5
Actually the Horde is going to have a tough battle against both the kal'dorei from the north and the Silithid from the south.

What I'm trying to do is make you able to choose who and when to fight whenever possible which is why there is a way south towards the Silithid faction through the west. side of the continent.

Horde start with Orgrimar and Thunder Bluff as main locations and then they have all their territory in the Barrens and Duratar.

Silithid will start with 2-3 zones in southern Kalimdor. Can you give me a little more information on this faction, like what types of units it should have.
All I really know is they were once part of an Insect empire that split up into Azol"Nurub and Silithid.

Level 5
I have an idea that since they are an insect race they can unite with the remnants of the Nurubians. I'm not sure how they will travel across continents do to the insect part (No Boats).
I do like the idea of this race, it is very unique, but like Yogg-Saron's Forces, they will be hard to make from scratch.

Level 24
I have an idea that since they are an insect race they can unite with the remnants of the Nurubians. I'm not sure how they will travel across continents do to the insect part (No Boats).

Flying units? I've seen insects with wings.

Level 5
Flying units? I've seen insects with wings.

I found 2 models that will work, one hero and the other flying. Plus there's the sky barge that can be converted into something.

Also I'm watching some alpha Legion and now I want to have Halls of Valor/Hellhiem as a location for something special. also if you don't mind spoilers check out how halls of valor look in this video.

Level 24
So now there are two characters named after Odin, Hodir and Odyr. :) The english language does hate the letter e though. It has translated Oden to Odin, Loke to Loki, Balder to Baldr and Mimer to Mimir. If you like Vallhalla and the halls of valor you'll love my theory on the spirit healers. ^^

Level 5
I've been doing terrain since what happened Saturday so here's a few screenshots of some areas. I redid southern Hillsbrad to make it more alive like recommended, Booty bay is work in progress but do you like it more open or would you like to see it more filled? And finally Arathi Highlands, just because the area might start out as a base for Argent Crusade if I do them, because being trapped in Tyr's Hand is bad if its all you have, and it fills up southern Lorderon better.
223190-albums8541-picture104407.png
223190-albums8541-picture104407.png
223190-albums8541-picture104409.png

Level 5
I can change the tile set up some if it looks to similar to Azeroth Wars but it is Azeroth so its going to look similar and I'm getting a lot of inspiration from Azeroth Wars

Level 5
I mean change stormgarde a little. Its doodad placement is excatly like Azeroth War.. jus a suggestion.

It does? Well I can move some buildings around but other than that its just meant to hold a structure or two.

Also I'm busy for the next weak or two but I'm getting a long Christmas break so I plan on getting a lot done then.

Level 24
It does? Well I can move some buildings around but other than that its just meant to hold a structure or two.

Also I'm busy for the next weak or two but I'm getting a long Christmas break so I plan on getting a lot done then.

Cheers to that. :)

dwarfmonk_header.jpg

Level 5
Just an update on this project. I got busy with IRL stuff and haven't made any progress in a long time. I just looked at it and am a little disappointed at my work. I'm thinking about starting over on something else, there are so many different maps based on Azeroth and I believe I can make something better and fresh.

I'm working on brand new terrain for a new map/universe all my own. there will be inspiration from WOW and other games like Dragon Age, but it will be something different.

Within a few months maybe in the summer when I have the time I will get some serious progress on this map and make a new thread on this forum. Sorry for all the ideas you gave me but I just feel I can make something better. I hope to see you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.