• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This Thread was mainly created for 3 Reasons, one that was a problem, that has been solved:

1. Proof : To create proof that this map(War of the Factions 2.2) is infact mine. If there are any others that create a map with the similar name, with strange changes and something that says that they are the author, you know after reading this, that that verison is a fake.

2. The Hive : To get Support and to officialy have a Map here on the Hive(this is actually my first map im bringing to B.net(i the future) so you help will be appriciated(sp?) and you will be mentioned in the credits if you help me with certain things. This Thread is also the place were the very first 100% Complete Verison of this map will be posted.

Now here are some basic facts about the map.

attachment.php

Name : War of the Factions 3.0
Creator : razor(swe)(that is my Battle net account on Northrend)
Genre : Aeon of Strife
Suggested Players : 2 - 8 with Even Teams
Progress : 100% Done
Size : Map wise its 64 x 64, so its a quite small AoS map.

I will go more indepth a little later

Now, after explaining the map itself, lets go a bit deeper(sorry bout the big wall'o'text, but someones got to tell me how to insert images, i currently only know how to make Attachments)

Since its an AoS map, it features the following things.
- Bases
- Heroes
- Units
- Lanes
- Items

Bases : Here is the cool thing. This is what makes this map so unique, and hence the name War of the Factions.

At the beginning of the game, a Dialog will come up. This Dialog will allow you only to do one thing. To choose the Faction of your Choice. The Blue Team will start voting for their faction, and the Red Team will vote after the Blue Team is done. The following Factions are:
thumb_human_box_art.jpg

Humans : 25% more Life. This will make them easier to Deny and become better blockers against Towers.
warcraft-3-orc_qjgenth.jpg

Orcs : 25% more Damage. This will make them destroy towers more efficient(duh)
warcraft3-wallpaper-undead.thumbnail.jpg

The Undead : 25% more Damage and Life on Blight. If this faction becomes the faction with the most votes, your part of the map will be covered in Blight. This Factions is the best at defending, but the worst at attacking.
00513.jpg

Night Elfs : 25% more Damage and Attack Speed at Night. This will give you big oppitunities(sp?) to push a lane and to counter attack, depending on what your enemies are up to.

Heroes : The Heroes are the essences of the AoSes. On this map, Ive decided to make the Heroes somewhere between "Customized" and "a bit Alike". How do I do this? Here is the deal.

There are no "Heroes". After the Voting session, and after Teal has chosen the mode, all players will be able to choose a Class. This Class will only take care of one thing, and that is if you are either Ranged or Melee, what Primary Attribute and what skills you will have. Too balance this, Ranged Classes move with 25 less Movement Speed and attacks 25% slower(2.5 Base Cooldown instead of 2.0).

After choosing Classes, its time to choose Characters. The Characters are basicly put different Sets of Attributes. Some of these Characters will be quite extreme towards one Attribute, while some might have their Attributes splitt up quite equally. This will allow you to play Caster Classes with much Strength if you like, or Agility Classes with much Intelligence.

Units : Not that Unique. Once every 3000 Second or so, the number of Units spawned will be Added by 1(ex : The first 3000 Seconds, there will spawn 1 of each unit type, the next 3000 seconds, there will spawn 2 of each type, a.s.o). The amount of Unit Types spawned will matter not on time, but on the total amount of kills there have been done in the game. A normal Unit kill, will add 1 point to the "score", a tower 10 and a hero 20. This will allow the games to end faster if people are dying faster, since after a while Siege units will appear, making Building Killing easier.

Lanes : Currently only 2 Lanes. There is not really any more to say about this subject.

Items : There are few basic items compared to the amount of Sets. There are about 7 Basic Items, and about over 20 Sets i think.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_120707_221013_01a.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120707_221013_01a.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 511
  • WC3ScrnShot_120707_221021_02a.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120707_221021_02a.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 476
  • WC3ScrnShot_120807_105619_01a.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120807_105619_01a.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 440
  • WC3ScrnShot_120807_105632_02a.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120807_105632_02a.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 463
  • WC3ScrnShot_120807_105657_04a.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120807_105657_04a.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 333
  • WC3ScrnShot_120807_105702_05a.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120807_105702_05a.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 246
  • wotf copy.jpg
    wotf copy.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 454
  • WotF.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 12
Im going to add pictures, i just need to learn how to insert them first :p

My brother made that loading screen, so i dont really know where he got it from :p

the verison that is posted seems to be quite flawed after the testing i made last night, but there are no huge ones, mainly the lagg(which i still cant figure out :S)

Level 12
Okay, after disabiling several triggers on several ways several times, ive realised that it seems that this trigger is causing the lagg i want destroyed. Here we go.
  • Charge Run
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Group = (Units of type Fighter)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Equal to 5
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Caster = (Picked unit)
              • Set PosAlt = (Position of Caster)
              • Set Position = (Position of Target[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))])
              • Unit - Make Caster face Target[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] over 0.00 seconds
              • Set PosAlt2 = (PosAlt offset by (4.00 + (6.00 x (Real((Level of Charge for Caster))))) towards (Facing of Caster) degrees)
              • Unit - Move Caster instantly to PosAlt2
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Distance between PosAlt and Position) Less than or equal to 110.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 New Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at PosAlt facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Unit - Add Stun (Charge) to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Set level of Stun (Charge) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Charge for Caster)
                  • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Target[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))]
                  • Unit - Set the custom value of Caster to 0
                  • Unit - Turn collision for Caster On
                  • Set Target[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] = No unit
                • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PosAlt)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Position)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PosAlt2)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
now, It seems I cant find what causes the lag

maybe its just that i use so many Periodic Events at the same time?

Level 13
Well of course it lags, you're picking every unit in Group and doing all crazy laggy stuff to them.........every 0.02 seconds! That's a bit too much, I can rewrite this in JASS if you want, such periodic triggers lag very much, they do even more when there are more of them.

Level 5
After testing this, I have to say, it needs LOADS of work. The terrain, heroes, items all don't realy fit together at all. Another thing is, most (95%) of your abilities are default Warcraft ones.

Positive feedback:
I like the idea of hero choosing, it is very unique to custom hero AoSes.

-PiCk :xxd:

Level 12
Wow, thread revival. As I said in the last post, i didnt have much time. But now the horizon is quite clear and the sun is shining bright.

No, im not on vacation, but the map i almost finished. Many found exploits have been found and fixed and many things have been balanced. I will update the map tomorrow after school.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them(i belive i have said this before xD)

EDIT : Pickstix, if you could be more specific on what items i should rework, i might would consider to fix whatever "problem" there is :D

Most of the spells are pretty much non-triggered wc3 skills, but its meant to be like that for now. More complex skills will be added in War of the Factions 3.0(which i will release more info on later :p)

Last edited:
Level 12
MAJOR UPDATE:

I now it has been a long time, but school and floorball and other stuff had me pinned down to minimal work on the map, but the good news is

THE MAP IS FINALY DONE! During the last months i've basicly just bug-fixed and balanced everything, but now i will start working on the next verison(3.0 that is) and i will soon release this verison on battle.net

info about the upcoming verison will be released later and the map verison on the first page has been updated to the CURRENT final verison :p

Level 12
The posts have been deleted as you wished.

Anyhow, as you might have read, you may now try singleplayer if you wish. And please try going a bit more indepth when you say that "things can be improved significanly in your map" so i can change it for the uppcoming verison. Thank you :p

BUMP : New beta verison of 3.0 and updated the stable verison to the more stable verison :p

Level 12
Just a little comment... Terrain looks like... (sorry) ultimate shit. You should make someone look at it >_<
Yes, the terrain looks like utter shit(this has already been discussed in the Map Section, but not fully :p) but it is being worked on. I will make the terrain much better before the final release of 3.0 :p

The heroes did not seem very interesting and most of the spells are just Warcraft 3 ones, at least not that I tried of. The terrain could be improved as stated above but the triggers are pretty good and more or less lagg free, good job :D
This is being worked on aswell. Im planning(a final decision has not been made) to change some of the classes with many passives(i already have changed the Warrior a tiny bit by removing Bash and replacing it with Charge) but dont expect a big change. Maybe 1 per new verison to make things a little varied.

And yes, the terrain will be improved as i already stated :p

Status
Not open for further replies.