• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Azeroth: A World Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Linkinblade Presents

212788-albums5632-picture62659.png

Info

Screenies

Factions

--General--
What's Azeroth: AWR? It's simple, this map is an open-style role-playing game where each player chooses a faction and they create a interesting experience together, or, If they so want to, fight battles throughout Azeroth and Outland. Aside from role-playing purposes the map also provides balanced armies with which players will not have to rely on the faction they choose but rather on strategic skill to overcome their opponents. In short, Azeort:AWR is what you, the players, make it.

• Linkinblade - Project Leader, GUI triggers, Terrainer and Race Designer
  • DSgamer - Public Relations
--In-game Modes--

Normal - Engage in combat in a team of 3 in an attempt to capture all (W)orld (C)ontrol (P)oints
Roleplay - Forge epic stories along side your friends
Free For All - A mode in which the world becomes your battlegrounds

--Credits--

Base of the map - Eagleman, Avrion and Railen

-Models, Icons and Textures-

HeroGlow - assasin_lord
Thorium Armor - BlackDoom
Ebon Blade - 13lackDeath
Holy Aura Icon - Bigapple90
Arcane-Blade Mastery - Bigapple90
Fiery-Spirit Aura - 4eNNightmare
Shadowsoul Mistress - Big Dub
Palm Trees - Buster
Shadowsoul Mistress - 67chrome
Skeleton Skin - 67chrome
Command Bottoms - Crazyrussian
Mealstorm Icon - Darkfang
Hoplite - Elenai
Guardian of the Crescent Moon - Elenai
Legioneer - Elenai
Dalaran Wall - Fingofin
Halo Trees - Fingofin
New Road Text - Fingofin
Defender - Horn
Defender Icon - Horn
Holy Aura - JetFangInferno
Crusader Aura - KelThuzad
Medium Weapons - KelThuzad
Horse Icon - KelThuzad
Farms - Kitabatake
Arcanelight Icon - Kola
Holy Aura Icon - [Unknown Hive-User]
New Interface Icons - MortAr
Heavy Weapons - NFWar
Magical Weapons - Mainy [War Golum]
Light Armor - NFWar
Medium Armor - NFWar
Heavy Armor - NFWar
Glaive of the Soul Hunteress - Palaslayer
Onslaught - Sin'dorei300
Soulstone - Peekay
Holy Sword - PrinceOfFame
Flameshot Aura - Pyritie
Berserker - RetroSexual
Excessive Drinking - Sin'dorei300
Fire Mage - Sin'dorei300
Holy Avatar - Tranquil
Dwarven Catapult - Tranquil
Pyroblast - UgoUgo
Icon Ebon Knight - UgoUgo
Juggernaut - Vermillion Edict
Halberdier - Wandering Soul
Chop Chop Axe - Walle
Ebon Knight - WhiteDeath
Enchanted Armor - xDeathknightx
Wrath of the Juggernaut - zbc
Lethal Arrow - 4eNNightmare

Triggers.
Assassins-Creed - Gold income.
Ap0calypse - Very helpfull.
Krotos - Early Teacher.

General Helpful.
Krotos - Spelling, Hero Names and Spells.
DSgamer - Terrain advisor.

Music:
Elder Scrolls - Morrowind.

Terrain:
ADD HERE!

--Progress--
Terrain:[IIIIIIIIII]
Races:[IIIIIIIIII]
Other Triggers and Systems:[IIIIIIIIII]
Resources:[IIIIIIIIII
Alpha version is uploaded. Feel free to download it. Any type of feedback is greatly appreciated!
212788-albums5632-picture62660.png

(picture made by Pharaoh)
--Screenshots--
Here are some Editor Screenshots of various places throughout Azeroth.
212788-albums5632-picture62669.jpg

212788-albums5632-picture62670.jpg

212788-albums5632-picture62668.jpg
[/IMG]

212788-albums5632-picture62667.jpg
[/IMG]

212788-albums5632-picture62666.jpg
[/IMG]

212788-albums5632-picture62665.jpg

212788-albums5632-picture62664.jpg

212788-albums5632-picture62663.jpg
[/IMG]

212788-albums5632-picture62662.jpg
[/IMG]

212788-albums5632-picture62661.jpg
Well, Here are the playable Factions and the ones yet to come.

Races: Humans, Dwarfs and Half-Elves

Heroes:
Holy Champion, Dwarf Juggernaut, Cleric, Lord of Cinder, Dragon Priest & The Drunk Baron.

Play-style.
Starts out as the weakest faction of them all but advances quickly through their massive choices of upgrades. They are also the most diverse faction, as they can evolve their units into several different paths and the you can benefit greatly if you use a diverse army to defeat and annihilate the other factions.

Race: Undead

Heroes:
Ebon Knight, Nephasm, Shadowsoul Mistress, Lich King, The Bahamut.

Play-style.
Unknown yet.

Races: Orc, Troll, Ogre

Heroes:
The Favored Soul, The Blood Weaver, Frenzied Berserker

Play-style.
Unknown yet.

Races: X

Heroes:
Shadowleaf Huntress, Darkstalker, Guardian of the Crescent Moon

Play-style.
Unknown yet.

Attachments

• A;AWR - Pharaoh,jpg.png
    A;AWR - Pharaoh,jpg.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Logo AAWR.png
    Logo AAWR.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 360
  • Azeroth AWR 0.12c.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 519
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Hello, it's the project leader LinkinBlade.
I will sometimes post messages here with my own account, I will soon release a version that is playable and when the time comes I'd like if you could send your own ideas, it could range from giving a unit a whole new name, add a name to a hero or be something big like a whole zone to be improved upon.
But subscriping into this thread would be a great first start and that would really show ous that there is some guys/girls here that is interested in this project.

A warm blessing of luck to you all. - LinkinBlade

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah... I've been playing WoW long enough to know what everything looks like and not to put the project down but the only area from the screenies that I could link to the actual place was Durnhold, but that was simply because the layout was similar.

The project looks like it could turn into something good but maybe improve the terrain a bit?

Level 6
Sadly, our team are not copying World of Warcraft to the point like other maps have tried such as Azeroth; AW and DAoW.
Instead why try to make each zone unique and beautiful in their own way, something that alot of tactical games don't really care about. But that doesn't mean we think Azeroth is ugly, no by no means that.

We just want to have our own orginial version of it and how it could have looked like.

A winterly blessing upon you all. - LinkinBlade

Level 6
Hello subscribers and those who just stumbled into this thread.

I'm proud to announce that very soon will a playable version come out of this map, and we will also go more in depth about what will be added or not, also ideas that might be implanted.

If you are cold, just hug someone warmer than you. - LinkinBlade

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, I've updated the thread with the modes which will be available at first release. More maybe be added as time passes and, Yayoi, yes I know there aren't any similarities with WoW but I don't play WoW :) so I can't duplicate it. However, I can say I really don't like some parts of it and as soon as we get the base done, I will probably revisit many places and rework them from scratch. What I am currently doing is just prettying up the already existent places but as soon as I get enough free time, I will begin reworking some places.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The Terrain is Too Neat but you need to add more details like rocks , grass , or every doodads that fit in the map.

1 Clap for your GOODJOB :aa:

Thank you for the nice words but I am restricted to only the blizzard doodads since the map size is currently almost 3 Mb and there are a lot more triggers to be added as well as 4 more factions (probably 1 Mb per faction). So, I am adding as much as I can without obstructing the pathing.

Level 6
Alright fellow subscribers, and those who just stumbled upon this.
Me LinkinBlade and DSgamer will soon release a alpha of this map, might even be today if DSgamer decides to actualy do his job.

The alpha will include some of the modes of those above such as. Conquest, Team Conquest and Free for All.
Also the finished product of the faction The Iron Alliance. With over 33 units, 4 heroes and 11 buildings. As well as 26 upgrades.

I will also spoil that the next faction will the The Eboncouncil, they will not be the nicest guys/girls around and those who want to play as undeads will most likely like them.

Also, we are looking for a guy that is above average when it comes with triggering. Don't be afraid to ask if you want to join our team, just be ready to actualy prove your skills.

It's my birthday, give me a interweb cake!. - LinkinBlade

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, Alpha is released. Looking forward to receiving your feedback

Level 14
Looks good so far. Excelent credit list, just the way it has to be done.
On the map: A bit of details won't hurt..you know for the eye-candy terrain. What many people find difficult-to-impossible to do is a good whole-Azeroth picture. I strongly advice you to find a way to destinguish your Azeroth from the hundreds more created in various maps(of pretty much the same gameplay description). What is that unique thing you will add to the map to make it stand out from the others Conquer-Azeroth-pick-race-pvp-pve maps we'v seen? I'd very much like to see ''In short, Azeort:AWR is what you, the players, make it.'' as explained in featured gameplay modes. Some of the presented modes seem boring, others look like they need to be combined into one. I don't think semi-roleplay will even be considered by any of my few friends when we see that there is a full roleplay mode available. My suggestion is to focus on 2-3 maximum modes and develop them in a unique way, deeper and more fun rather than spread your attention at 6-7 modes some of which not even needed and produce a mediocre results.
One advice from me, don't release playable map untill it is nearly 90% complete. Especially if it is multiplayer and dropped into the gaming mass that is the Blizzard servers. Probably it's better to give it for specific test purposes on systems and subjects you might want to consider before implementing them.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Lordkoon, Thank you very much for your feedback and yes, I share your thoughts. I will let linkinblade know of your suggestions and post and update with his decision.And on my behalf, the terrain, I really dislike the way it's done (using mountains as zone separators) but, IRL stuff's got a tight grip on me for now.

Level 6
Looks good so far. Excelent credit list, just the way it has to be done.
On the map: A bit of details won't hurt..you know for the eye-candy terrain. What many people find difficult-to-impossible to do is a good whole-Azeroth picture. I strongly advice you to find a way to destinguish your Azeroth from the hundreds more created in various maps(of pretty much the same gameplay description). What is that unique thing you will add to the map to make it stand out from the others Conquer-Azeroth-pick-race-pvp-pve maps we'v seen? I'd very much like to see ''In short, Azeort:AWR is what you, the players, make it.'' as explained in featured gameplay modes. Some of the presented modes seem boring, others look like they need to be combined into one. I don't think semi-roleplay will even be considered by any of my few friends when we see that there is a full roleplay mode available. My suggestion is to focus on 2-3 maximum modes and develop them in a unique way, deeper and more fun rather than spread your attention at 6-7 modes some of which not even needed and produce a mediocre results.
One advice from me, don't release playable map untill it is nearly 90% complete. Especially if it is multiplayer and dropped into the gaming mass that is the Blizzard servers. Probably it's better to give it for specific test purposes on systems and subjects you might want to consider before implementing them.

Thank you for making such a huge message containing several subjects.
I will do to the best of my ability here to reply on your quotes, advice and other statements.

That seems to be the main subjects of your text.
1, Why not make it terrain wise more beautiful and drive warcraft3's engine to the limit?
2, Some of those modes are un needed and I believe those should be expanded upon, as a lot of modes will only bring the community playing this apart.
3, Do not release the map early, only for testing if possible.

Answers:
1, If now we could make the game as beautiful as a little girl's fantasy, we would. Now details most likely means more doodads and more imports.
These will Couse several problems, first of all is the size. We all know that the limit is slightly above 8mb, but that's not the key problem. It's the download speed and those who doesn't have a great internet. I hope you know but most games outside Dota is hosted with the MMH service and they control the market. It's a 100kb maximum per second. And if we drive the map size to the max it would Couse it to take 80 seconds per player to download the map, leaving plenty of time for people to leave because it takes to much time.
The second problem is in game lag, everyone has it but those who doesn't have a great internet connection might suffer a lot just from this.
The third problem is where to place everything? Yes some zones could look great but it's that darn unit collision will be in the way, and if I make the collision size to small then the AoE will benefit and ranged units way more than it should.

2, Yes here I can actually agree with you to some extends, many of these modes will be removed but there will also be more ''smoothly'' implanted such as Team Conquest, let me give you a example.
///Pick Mode\\\
:Conquest
:Dominion
:Roleplay
And now say that you've picked Conquest.
///Conquest Picked, further pick the details.\\\
: FFA Conquest
: Set Conquest
: Free Conquest
Making it look nicer and of course maybe one would leave if one mode isn't that popular with him, but than again. The host should announce the mode picked, and if he still leaves than he is a douche.

3, Here is where I'm strongly against you. As you should understand making a map is very time consuming, it took be from September to beginning of November just to finish one faction. Deleted units, remade skills, new systems and such slowed it down. And when I finally released a good working version I dislike hearing that I should keep it in because some players don't understand that a beta is not a finished version.

. . . - LinkinBlade

Level 6
I don't really consider this much of an alpha, the only thing here is the terrain and a hero. An alpha usually has at least some kind of playability.

You must have turned off your subtitles, a few people don't see the messages in game about the commands.

Here they are in order.

(The only mode so far)
-Conquest
-----------
(3vs3 or everyone vs everyone)
-Team Conquest
-FFA Conquest
-----------
(Pick the starting zone)
-Kalimdor
-Eastern Kingdom

Example, -Conquest -Team Conquest -Eastern Kingdom ( Now you start Team Conquest in Eastern Kingdom)

Also I want to announce that 0.12c is uploaded, and here is a change log with the most major things.

-Terraining-
Isle of Dread has received a Dalaran/High Elven makeover.
In the Hinterlands there lay a dark fortress, who lives there is clearly not afraid of ghost.

-Unit-
A few units has received new abilities at the lost of old ones, they should now feel more special than before.
Advance tooltips should now explains what stats the unit has.

-Heroes-
Heroes is better explained in the tooltip.
Heroes abilities now feel more complete as the Icons fit each other more now.
Also made the starting abilities more viable so they are funnier to play with at the start, also received a major bonus to damage. Standing with the army now instead of behind is now more viable.

-Upgrades-
Gold income has finally been fixed - Big thank to Assassins-Creed
Population income now increases overtime.
All upgrades should now be understandable, if you still don't know what they do comment on why the tooltip is bad.

-Summary-
The map looks a lot better and is much less bugged.

Are you interested to join this Project, just send a message to me or DSgamer and we can talk about it. - LinkinBlade

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, I do find it a bit weird to find your review on my page instead on this one. But I put it up here and try to answer the questions that you have.

Here is my Epic Review xD
===================
Observations:

!-[Good :D] Nice Loading Screen and Image Preview :D
!-[Annoying] You are using the chat as the game mode for setting ._.
!-[Question] I only see humans here in Kalimdor, why is that there is no creeps D:
!-[Bug/Flaw] The Gold is treated as LUMBER. Change it!
!-[Hero] Juggernaut+Javelin thrower spam really works well. So I guess nerf Juggernaut a bit. (Or my friends is just realy noobs xD joke)
!-[Question] The income system is kind of confusing. Also the population! You must explain it real well because me and my friends really had hard time to understand it!
!-[Question] Lulzors the peasant and villagers are useless if the is already nothing to build Dx
!-[Good :D] Epic Terrain lulz
!-[Lag] My PC lags when Juggernaut 2nd skill is cast. 0_0
!-[Screen] The Distance of the terrain is so large! I need to zoom it in :p (What I mean is, the trigger /Distance over -something-/ is overused or too high!)

Suggestions:

»Nerf Juggernaut! A bit ._.
»Why not have this:
example- One barracks is path A and the other one is path B
explanation- So that the user can easily change his strategies based on the enemies' strategy!
»Why you no have creeps? In the last 2 version I played, I saw ghouls (first version) then Lich (second version)
»Add some usefulness for the workers D:
»Explain the systems moar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that is just for now because I lacked the time! (Even though it is Sunday here :D)
But I really didn't lacked some time, but I lack the keen eye to observe!

========================================================

1. About creeps.
I don't know if they will ever appear in this game since I want people to have freedom where to build, and if I put creeps somewhere then it will either A) make the smart pro players go and take it out asap or B) The pros avoid it and noobs waste resources on them.

2. Gold - Lumber issues.
As far as I know I can't change the sound that tells you that you are out of gold when you are actually out of population, but I will look into it.
The income system is explained in the F9, check there next time.

3. Villagers and Peasants are useless when they can't build.
Well, have they ever been good at anything else, but they are easy with if your main base is attacked and you don't have a secondary one.

4. Distance problem.

Just zoom in.

5. Barracks for each unit.
No, I want the choices you make with the path to have future impact on the game, don't be reckless and remember to make a diverse army.

6. Juggernaut and Javeliner is op!

I can say that if you won using Javeliners as main army type then yes, your friends must be rather bad to put it nicely. Any heavy unit take lesser damage from ranged damage, Legioneers does not take much damage at all from ranged. And Dwarven Riflemen, Half / Elf Archers, Pyromancers and Arcanist does a lot more damage than Javeliners.
And yes, Juggernaut is slightly stronger then intented, but not in the way you described, it's that his abilites cost very little and his damage reduction is about to get nerfed.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hmm Okay I played And here is my Review:

+You changed the terrain a bit and made it better than before which in my opinion is a bit better than before, so Nice work.

+You have got a mode

+Gameplay is fun but unfinished (of course)

-As you know the greeps dont always show.

-I picked FFA I got 3v3v3v3, which you might like to look into.

-The cobbled path in the cities are not appealing

Over All, Nice game so far Unfinished material, you should keep at what you are doing and it can then only improve

Over All Score:

56/100

Weak Score but its because the game is not finished yet, so if you want score for the bete look below

87/100

Level 6
Codric said:
+You changed the terrain a bit and made it better than before which in my opinion is a bit better than before, so Nice work.
-As you know the greeps dont always show.
-I picked FFA I got 3v3v3v3, which you might like to look into.
-The cobbled path in the cities are not appealing

1, The terrain is something that always strives to become better, expect changes here and there.

2, greeps don't show, I don't understand you atm.

3, I will rework how the modes work overall so don't worry about them.

4, While it's hard I try to make every city somewhat unique, and in my opinion some cities look's better in cobblestone, never been to any big european city?

I will announce just how I will rework the modes at a later date since not everything is decided yet, but I can say that Dalaran, Lock Modan, Blackrock, Badlands and Searing George will be reterrained the next version.

Level 6
Greetings everyone, it's not very long until Christmas. And for most this means there is no school & college for most people. This includes me.
So expect updates about the faction The Eboncouncil, also about the Azeroth terrain.

But feels bad leaving no information, so I will do some quick information about the reworked modes.

There will only be 2 modes, not 3, 4 nor 7.
Domination and Roleplay will be the main focus when it comes to gameplay.

Domination
Domination will forbid anything that would give a slight edge over another by commands like name changing that might cause confusion.
Capturing a X numbers of control points to win the game, but it's not that fun doing so alone right? Well you will have 2 teammates to speak, plan and win with. Well some people might want to play solo, but then this game might not be for you, There is not much negativity with teammates, getting social is not that bad for gamers. ;)

Roleplay
Roleplay, what could this game possibly do better than such games as Sotdrp& Xrp, Titan land and other multiplayer games that is very popular with the community? Well let's tackle these 2.5 games.

Sotdrp&Xrp
These maybe is the best roleplaying games out for Warcraft 3 but not all people like this awesome power it grants each player, and who has not been inside one of these games that was not ruined by one or more people. And learning the commands and taking very long time to set up a good game does not fit everyone, a guy leaves there, and another one goes there, and dam now we are done and we have to few people to continue. Let's rehost, oh shit I have to go... sorry guys. While I don't want to bash on Sotdrp nor Xrp but sure have their big weaknesses that just ruins it for some people.

Titan Land
I can already say that the roleplay you will find within this game is closer to Titan Land than to Sotdrp and it does not suffer from the leaving problem since every game does generly takes not much time to set up. But every Titan Land version I've ever encountered has really bad fairness, whatever it's mass dragons or some uber worgen unit there is always something so overpowered that it just ruins any kind of wars, weak factions Vs uber factions tend to be very annoying for those at the weak side, I wonder why demons are always so popular along side those really strong heroes... mmh.
And it got one more grand weakness, if RED the Titan himself a douche, like just being really bad not knowing how to do his role or really likes to favor his BBF's. It will still instantly ruin the game.

Azeroth: A World Reborn
While it most likely be hard for me not to biased to my own game I can safely say that it will not have the noob red syndrome of Titan Land, as long as he just activate the roleplay mode he will no longer have any power that other players don't have, this does obviously not account for bot powers that he might have. Now to the fairness factor, since Domination and Roleplay will be in the same game any updates to the Domination mode will go to roleplay, so is there something slightly to powerful it will get fixed, so hopefully nothing obviously to strong will ruin all your happy wars.

Alright what about the speed factor of the game that Sotdrp&Xrp suffer from, well since you will have unlimited gold&population and the building time is fairly fast it would take at about 10 minutes to get started, even for the slowpokes. Now the commands, here is this maps greatest weakness, while the commands will be rather simple to learn they will not enable you to make flying dogs shooting lazors everywhere, but it will still provide you with the basic commands like name changing, color change, give units, with a few more.

I hope this explained everything, I will make more walls of text at a later date. But for now good luck with what ever you will be doing next.

Level 6
Version 0.15a will soon be available for download, the changelog is.

• Reterrained Lock Modan, Searing George, Badlands and Burning Steps. You will notice in game how chilly it has become there.
  • The Human engineers and stone cutter has been fired, and now the elven engineers and Marble cutters has taken over. So now some bases like Dalaran has whole new looks. I hope everyone like variation, makes the game more unique and beautiful.
  • Conquest mode has been completely removed from the game, as well as most choices for red like teams and whatever.
  • To compensate the new and more competitive mode has arrived, Domination, instead of killing of players and spending 50% of the time finding them. Your new objective is take 7 World Points and win the game, this actually has the very rare thing of Victory Conditions. So when you have all 7 points you and your team mates will actually get a victory screen and they will get a defeat screen.
  • Roleplay mode is still not within the game, just had to point that out.

I just ressently finished working on a small project within this map that I call project: Random. Setting up that all colors have 3 different spots they can spawn in, this is all random each game so you will never have the exact same opponents every time nor be one the same spot every time. Forcing you to scout and make up good tactics to win.
Gameplay will be much more competitive than before since at the start you will be alone versus a enough known amount of enemies ranging from 0 (Very unlikely) to several opponents that will result trickery and even the option to flee sometimes might be viable.
Don't worry though, you will never face 2 allied players alone nor will you have a ally near you. All teams start away from each other and must reconnect. Making it even more complicated.
Sure sure, some players start slightly closer to each other and it have small amounts of luck to it but for the most parts it should be completely fair.

0.00000188167642% chance that EVERY player will have the EXACT the same position in two games. So if it happens in a version contact me because the triggers is most likely broken.
And it's about 0.1% that two players actually spawn close to each other, and only 3 different combinations so if you don't know the correct colors than it's 0.05% that you actually pick the right color and get lucky with the location.
And considering that this game will not be played a few million times the chance that anything of these issues will ever bother you is reasonably low enough. The chance of the MMH bot will kick you are higher than that.

So far project: Random is working beyond expectations. Hopefully this will increase the chance that you want to play over and over again.

Currently working on the WcP (World control Points). To quickly explain it every contient got 1 WcP, Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom is so large that it's actually cut into two so with Pandaria and Outland there are 7 WcPs in total but so far away from each other will make it quite the task for each team to control them all.

WcPs will also on places that can be quite hard to defend such as Ferelas, Crystalsong Forest, Ashenvale and (New Version) of Badlands.

// Since version 0.15a will have a preset goal and victory conditions I can say the map is very playable. I've also fixed a lot of problems such as unit spawning on mountains and people are no longer required to put on subtitles to see the text.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

You'd have to ask Linkin for the specifics but as far as I know, there are lots of rather full-house games hosted. And thank you for the compliment on the terrain :)

Level 6
The terrain alone makes me want to play it, it looks really great, especially like iron forge.

Is this on Make me Host yet I will ahve to try it out when I'm at home,

The newest version 0.17b is out there.
Featuring the Domination Mode, Random starting spots, Creeps, new items, Two new heroes and reworking of several units.

Level 6
Additional changes to the Change log, check above for the rest.

Very soon will version 0.19a hit MMH and be downloadable here, the current change log is.

Terrain:
It's finally possible to go below the Black Bastionet, a cold prison full with the tools that only true sadist can enjoy, perfect for dark lords!

Also a harsh winter has arrived upon the Middle of Eastern Kingdom.

Dark_Prison.png

WC3_Scrn_Shot_122212_205116_02.png

Upload_Dwarf.png

Heroes:
Several new undead heroes are now under testing, Shadowsoul Warden, Lich King and Ebon Knight.
Buffed the Hammer of Judgement ability, the spirits of Judgement deals more damage now.
The Cure Heavy Wounds now heal for 300 instead of 200.
The Undead heroes are no longer free and cost 85 population.

Units:
Limited the Battleships to 8, Frigates are now more usefull.
Increased the range of the Iron Catapults, should no longer be useless against towers.
Javeliner has his damage decrease from 18-19 to 15-16
Dwarven Riflemen has his damage decrease from 21-22 to 19-20
Half-Elf Archer has her damage decreased from 22-23 to 20-21
Javeliner, Dwarven Riflemen and Half-Elf Archer has their attack speed heightened by 5%
Pyromancers has his damage decreased from 24-25 to 21-22
Pyromancers now get's three additional damage from upgrades instead of two.

Buildings:
Increases health of farms and their upgrades slightly.
Decreased the damage of the magic tower slightly.
Increased the damage of the cannon tower.

Upgrades:
Moderatly increased the time to research Improved Economics.
The Pyromancer upgrade now cost 325 gold from 375 gold.
Gave the Utility upgrade more icons.

General:
Redone the ending cinimatic. Win the game to find out how plays out now.
Added several new members to the Isle of Memory such as Krotos,
Eagleman, Yrrgallerte and Chrucas.
Ship's can now sail below Pandaria, making it much easier to invade.
Increases the amount of experince gained, leveling won't be as slow now.
A lot of scripts has been redone, the amount of leaks in game are now lower.

skins_3502_screenshot.jpg

Starting Passive
icons_15277_pas.jpg

Ebon Blade
The target hit by the Ebon Knight loses 60 mana.

Q Ability
breathoffrost.gif

Frostbite Wave
Effect:
Damage all units within the targeted cone for X damage.
Area of Effect: 100.
Range: 600.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.

Level 1 - Conjures a Frost Wave that deals 75 damages all units in a cone.
Level 2 - Conjures a Frost Wave that deals 125 damages all units in a cone.
Level 3 - Conjures a Frost Wave that deals 200 damages all units in a cone.
Level 4 - Conjures a Frost Wave that deals 275 damages all units in a cone.
Level 5 - Conjures a Frost Wave that deals 350 damages all units in a cone.

W Ability
Shadow Infusion
unholyfrenzy.gif

Effect:
Heals the target unit for a X amount and jumps X times healing slightly less each jump.
Range: 700.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.

Level 1 - The targeted unit is healed 85 health and jumps 7 times.
Level 2 - The targeted unit is healed 125 health and jumps 10 times.
Level 3 - The targeted unit is healed 180 health and jumps 13 times.
Level 4 - The targeted unit is healed 225 health and jumps 15 times.
Level 5 - The targeted unit is healed 280 health and jumps 16 times.

E Aura
unholyaura.gif

Fear Aura
Effect:
Decreases nearby enemy units' damage by X%
Area of Effect: 500 yards.

Level 1 - Effect: decreases damage by 10%
Level 2 - Effect: decreases damage by 17%
Level 3 - Effect: decreases damage by 24%
Level 4 - Effect: decreases damage by 31%
Level 5 - Effect: decreases damage by 38%

R Ultimate Ability
sacrificialskull.gif

Curse: Agony's Embrace
Effect:
Damage the target unit for a X amount of damage and curses them with Agony's Embrace, dealing x damage over time .
Range: 400.
Cooldown: 80 seconds.

Level 1 - The targeted unit takes 75 damage and is cursed with Agony's Embrace, taking 400 damage over 6 seconds.
Level 2 - The targeted unit takes 125 damage and is cursed with Agony's Embrace, taking 600 damage over 6 seconds.

Updated credit will soon arrive when DSgamer decide to go onto Skype.
Have fun with the new version!

Attachments

• Azeroth AWR 0.19a.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
Level 6
Yar har har I've come with a message. This one with great importance.

The production of Azeroth: A World Reborn has taken a swift right turn into heavy testing pace, or was it a left turn? Never mind that.

From now on you can always play the newest version on makemehost.com with friends and unknown lifeforms taking their forms as Warcraft 3 players and have some fun, or a lot, what ever you prefer. Just look for the name Azeroth: AWR and the highest number possible next to it. (Stands for A World Reborn)

Keep in mind even if I get reports with feedback all the time something might even slip through the most dedicated crows I have. So if you want to see something fixed just inform me about it right here or at http://diplomunion.com/forumdisplay.php?207-Azeroth-A-World-Reborn where I got a whole sub-section for myself to work with.

I also want to thank everyone who has been patient with this project and I'm very glad that we are moving at such a amazing speed.

Damn sharks, they always interrupts me on dates! - LinkinBlade

Level 6
models_6700_screenshot.jpg

Starting Ability
massteleport.gif

Sanctuary Recall
Effect:
Teleports the Guardian of the Crescent Moon with 8 other friendly units.
Cooldown: 300 seconds.

Q Ability
crushingwave.gif

Tidal Wave
Effect:

Level 1 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 75 damage to all in a cone.
Level 2 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 125 damage to all in a cone.
Level 3 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 200 damage to all in a cone.
Level 4 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 275 damage to all in a cone.
Level 5 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 350 damage to all in a cone.

W Ability
seaelemental.gif

Summon: Aquarius
Effect:
Summon Aquarius to defend the Guardian of the Crescent Moon.
Class: Summoned Ground Unit.
Abilites: X.
Damage Type: Magical Weapons.
Damage: 28-29 + 4 per upgrade.
Attack Speed: 1.35 seconds - 0.05% per upgrade.
Armor Type: Magical Armor.
Armor: 0.
Health: 525 + 15% per upgrade.
Mana: 0.
Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Level 1 - Grants Aquarius the ability Aquarius Willpower.
Level 2 - Grants Aquarius the ability Living Water.
Level 3 - Grants Aquarius the ability Crushing Wave.
Level 4 - Grants Aquarius the ability Everlasting Water.
Level 5 - Grants Aquarius the ability Deep Freeze.

E passive

PASBTNElunesBlessing.png

Blessing of the Crescent Moon
Effect:
Increases magic defense and attack speed of the Guardian of the Crescent Moon by XX.

Level 1 - Increases Magic Defense by 15%
Level 2 - Increases Magic Defense by 30%
Level 3 - Increases Magic Defense by 40% and attack speed by 5%
Level 4 - Increases Magic Defense by 45% and attack speed by 15%
Level 5 - Increases Magic Defense by 50% and attack speed by 25%

R Ultimate Ability
BTNneutralManaShieldOff.png

Lunar Seal
Effect:
Disables all enemy units to attack and casting spells.
Range: 650.
Area of Effect: 200
Cooldown: 120.

Level 1 - Disables the units for 4 seconds.
Level 2 - Disables the units for 6 seconds.

Aquarius
SeaElemental.jpg

Passive:
PASBTNFrost.png

Aquarius Willpower
Effect:
Aquarius takes 35% less damage from every source.

Passive:
freezingbreath2.gif

Living Water
Effect:
Aquarius attacks inflict Living Water, dealing 108 damage over 6 seconds. Has tripple the effect on normal units.

The Living Water enchantes Aquarius armor by 3.

Ability: Q
crushingwave.gif

Crushing Wave
Effect:
Deals 175 damage to each enemy unit in a line, up to max 900 damage.
Area of Effect: 100
Range: 700

Increases Aquarius damage by 16.

Passive:
BTNGenericSpellImmunity.png

Everlasting Water
Effect:
If Aquarius dies he will split into three weaker versions of himself.
Lasts: 20 seconds.

Casting while Aquarius is alive will summon three weaker versions of him.
Everlasting Water increases Aquarius health by 300.

Ability: W
BTNIceShard.png

Deep Freeze.
Effect:
Freezees the target and disabling it for two seconds.
Range: 650 yards.
Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Deep Freeze increases Aquarius range by 50.

Trivia:

• Names: Athlianna Tha'lan, Mea Tharivol, Mielikki Erival, Emeril Khan'tos, Shea Meri'lor, Elenia Ala'thir, Leira Nali'nar.
  • Krotos was a big help making this hero.
  • She has so far the most expensive model in game, 300kb.
  • She is the only hero what has a spell that has two effects, Summon: Aquarius.
  • If you have a point in Blessing of the Crescent Moon every time she is struck with an attack she will get a mana shield effect around her for a few seconds.
  • If you count Aquarius she has in total 11 spells. (Heroic Intelligence does not count)
  • She is the only pureblood Elven hero so far.
  • Each point in Summon: Aquarius grants a stats boost of a kind and a passive/spell.

Gameplay:
How you want to play the hero is up to you but here is some awesome tricks.

• Always have Aquarius summoned, especially at rank 4. Casting Aquarius while he is still active at that point will summon 3 additional weaker versions of him. Adding a huge burst.
  • To max the burst damage you need to first cast Tidal Wave and Crushing Wave and again summon Aquarius to cast another Crushing Wave. At max level this will do 700 magic damage.
  • Lunar Seal removes all ways to damage you and your allies, but it can only be cast once during combat so try to cast it over so many damage dealing units as possible. Lunar Seal does also effect heroes.
  • The final level of Aquarius teaches him Deep Freeze, since the Guardian lack anykind of CC it is a great investment to get it.
  • Sanctuary Recall can teleport anywhere where a friendly building or unit is, it can save your bases and allies to use this. But beware it has a 5 minute cooldown and take 5 seconds to cast.

Heroes are a big part of the game, so why not make them detailed?
- LinkinBlade

Last edited:
Level 1
Off topic but I didn't know where to ask, but is the Diplomunion forum down ?
Because when I try to access it I find a strange website in german Oo
Is it just for me ?
Because I was really happy that new versions of great maps were actually worked on ^^'
(sorry if I have a bad english)

Please answer me T.T

Level 1
Yeah... I've been playing WoW long enough to know what everything looks like and not to put the project down but the only area from the screenies that I could link to the actual place was Durnhold, but that was simply because the layout was similar.

The project looks like it could turn into something good but maybe improve the terrain a bit?

Level 7
I tried playing this afew months ago, it started off very promising, I think I picked Blood Elves or something but my faction didnt seem very well thought out. There were some units and heroes that didtn seem to fit very well with my faction, I started off on an island and it seemed like very slow progress to build up my army/base.

Also this was further hindered by the fact the creeps near me where extremely powerful and I lost alot of men trying to kill them. In the end I just thought it was too time consuming and gave up before I got a chance to fight anyone else.

The game has potential and clearly people enjoy it as I have seen it hosted various times on MMH but it does has some serious issues in my opinion.

Level 6
And as DSgamer never seem to reply to you guys I will do it... so much for public relations.

Most information on page is sadly out of date, even the pictures. Maybe DSgamer decides to update them but that is up to him.

But lets see here. The terrain is not accurate and there is a good reason for that. The space I have is so limited that is really hard to get a good terrain out and still remain accurate, so that's instead of making it pin-point accurate I have free hands to make the zone look good, and have some resemblance of how it looks like. It is also more fun, if the project was boring I would most likely not continue with it. Luckily, I find it fun.

Secondly, Marshmalo are you sure you did not play Darklys version? There is no Elven faction so far, even in the newest possible version.

As I responsible for updating another site called Diplomunion.com so I will link the information I have given out. (I actually do my job)

Terrain Thread:
http://diplomunion.com/showthread.php?15353-Axeroth-A-World-Reborn-Terrain-Changes
Information:
http://diplomunion.com/showthread.p...hread-Project-progress-and-future-information
Voting the name for the newest race!:
http://diplomunion.com/showthread.php?15393-Azeroth-AWR-Vote-for-the-name-of-the-Undead-race!
Make your own hero for the map!:
http://diplomunion.com/showthread.php?15255-Legendary-Heroes-Hero-Suggestion!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Which ones are you referring to ?

Level 11
models_6700_screenshot.jpg

Starting Ability
massteleport.gif

Sanctuary Recall
Effect:
Teleports the Guardian of the Crescent Moon with 8 other friendly units.
Cooldown: 300 seconds.

Q Ability
crushingwave.gif

Tidal Wave
Effect:

Level 1 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 75 damage to all in a cone.
Level 2 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 125 damage to all in a cone.
Level 3 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 200 damage to all in a cone.
Level 4 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 275 damage to all in a cone.
Level 5 - Conjures a Tidal Wave that deals 350 damage to all in a cone.

W Ability
seaelemental.gif

Summon: Aquarius
Effect:
Summon Aquarius to defend the Guardian of the Crescent Moon.
Class: Summoned Ground Unit.
Abilites: X.
Damage Type: Magical Weapons.
Damage: 28-29 + 4 per upgrade.
Attack Speed: 1.35 seconds - 0.05% per upgrade.
Armor Type: Magical Armor.
Armor: 0.
Health: 525 + 15% per upgrade.
Mana: 0.
Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Level 1 - Grants Aquarius the ability Aquarius Willpower.
Level 2 - Grants Aquarius the ability Living Water.
Level 3 - Grants Aquarius the ability Crushing Wave.
Level 4 - Grants Aquarius the ability Everlasting Water.
Level 5 - Grants Aquarius the ability Deep Freeze.

E passive

PASBTNElunesBlessing.png

Blessing of the Crescent Moon
Effect:
Increases magic defense and attack speed of the Guardian of the Crescent Moon by XX.

Level 1 - Increases Magic Defense by 15%
Level 2 - Increases Magic Defense by 30%
Level 3 - Increases Magic Defense by 40% and attack speed by 5%
Level 4 - Increases Magic Defense by 45% and attack speed by 15%
Level 5 - Increases Magic Defense by 50% and attack speed by 25%

R Ultimate Ability
BTNneutralManaShieldOff.png

Lunar Seal
Effect:
Disables all enemy units to attack and casting spells.
Range: 650.
Area of Effect: 200
Cooldown: 120.

Level 1 - Disables the units for 4 seconds.
Level 2 - Disables the units for 6 seconds.

Aquarius
SeaElemental.jpg

Passive:
PASBTNFrost.png

Aquarius Willpower
Effect:
Aquarius takes 35% less damage from every source.

Passive:
freezingbreath2.gif

Living Water
Effect:
Aquarius attacks inflict Living Water, dealing 108 damage over 6 seconds. Has tripple the effect on normal units.

The Living Water enchantes Aquarius armor by 3.

Ability: Q
crushingwave.gif

Crushing Wave
Effect:
Deals 175 damage to each enemy unit in a line, up to max 900 damage.
Area of Effect: 100
Range: 700

Increases Aquarius damage by 16.

Passive:
BTNGenericSpellImmunity.png

Everlasting Water
Effect:
If Aquarius dies he will split into three weaker versions of himself.
Lasts: 20 seconds.

Casting while Aquarius is alive will summon three weaker versions of him.
Everlasting Water increases Aquarius health by 300.

Ability: W
BTNIceShard.png

Deep Freeze.
Effect:
Freezees the target and disabling it for two seconds.
Range: 650 yards.
Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Deep Freeze increases Aquarius range by 50.

Trivia:

• Names: Athlianna Tha'lan, Mea Tharivol, Mielikki Erival, Emeril Khan'tos, Shea Meri'lor, Elenia Ala'thir, Leira Nali'nar.
  • Krotos was a big help making this hero.
  • She has so far the most expensive model in game, 300kb.
  • She is the only hero what has a spell that has two effects, Summon: Aquarius.
  • If you have a point in Blessing of the Crescent Moon every time she is struck with an attack she will get a mana shield effect around her for a few seconds.
  • If you count Aquarius she has in total 11 spells. (Heroic Intelligence does not count)
  • She is the only pureblood Elven hero so far.
  • Each point in Summon: Aquarius grants a stats boost of a kind and a passive/spell.

Gameplay:
How you want to play the hero is up to you but here is some awesome tricks.

• Always have Aquarius summoned, especially at rank 4. Casting Aquarius while he is still active at that point will summon 3 additional weaker versions of him. Adding a huge burst.
  • To max the burst damage you need to first cast Tidal Wave and Crushing Wave and again summon Aquarius to cast another Crushing Wave. At max level this will do 700 magic damage.
  • Lunar Seal removes all ways to damage you and your allies, but it can only be cast once during combat so try to cast it over so many damage dealing units as possible. Lunar Seal does also effect heroes.
  • The final level of Aquarius teaches him Deep Freeze, since the Guardian lack anykind of CC it is a great investment to get it.
  • Sanctuary Recall can teleport anywhere where a friendly building or unit is, it can save your bases and allies to use this. But beware it has a 5 minute cooldown and take 5 seconds to cast.

Heroes are a big part of the game, so why not make them detailed?
- LinkinBlade

These ones :3
Edit: Crap I didnt just do that.

Level 6
Hey everyone, I'd like to say that I have released version 0.3.2 on http://makemehost.com/lobby-and-queue.php and I would gladly take feedback on how much you like the game, the things you don't like, what is shown but not expanded upon and if there is any balance issues.

While DSgamer put a progress bar this is not really the way I work. I have a vague set goal as in 4 fully custom races with extreme replayability.

But so far here is the key features;
# Two Races playable.
-Each one features Six Heroes so far.
-Human one has around 50 units and hundreds of different combinations and powerful mages.
-Undead one has 30'ish units but provide a lot of unique mechanics to the units such as elite units, special defenses.
#One of the most fleshed out naval combat in Wc3.
#What I say, very good terrain.
And above all else, I find it very fun to play as well do other RTS fans I have played with.

The game updates around every third week or so. Right now I need feedback so I would like if anyone could take a full game and just test around and leave feedback here or at Diplomunion.com.

Note; This is an RTS game and I say it will always evolve, it will update as long as there is an editor willing to update the map. Example is Azeroth Wars: LR and Lordaeron Tactics, these games are several years old but still being updated regularly. They don't set something like a set goal and will always evolve, become better and funnier.

Attachments

• Azeroth AWR 0.3.2(Derp).w3x
    4.1 MB · Views: 103

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Be patient, good things take time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.