• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Ralle made some changes to how avatars work, but for some reason (at least for me) avatars have some problems:
-Avatars no longer allow alphas. Transparent backgrounds are automatically filled in with white.
-Animated gifs do not work as avatars. It just shows the first frame of the gif. Does this only apply to large filesize gifs?

Are these bugs that only I'm experiencing, or did Ralle change something to save bandwidth or such? And more importantly, how do I bypass this crap?

Level 21
I think it uploaded it to a image site first and downloaded the small file size for it and used it as a avatar.
Oh and I'm good with my Medivh one now, but it looks so damn small though. :'(

Level 18
I do not have any of these isues and besides that i do not think its a very big deal that the background is automaticly filled in with white. you could just simply change the BG in photoshop or something and upload the avatar again and its fixed. But as far as that ye the animated gif thing is anoying now my nice DR.House can´t drink beer and eat cookies :( now he only drinks beer

Status
Not open for further replies.