• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Auto DC after use this trigger and ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i have a strange problem here.

Whenever i use this trigger and ability, the casting player always got dc from the game. But it worked on single player.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing up as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing up as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to ((Hero level of (Picked unit)) + 9), Hide level-up graphics
          • Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
          • Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
  • Fourth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to 4 zeus
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of 4 zeus for (Casting unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Slow for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add 4 zeus ex to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using war3mapImported\Great Lightning.mdx
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • Else - Actions
Why guys, it was really working before i messing arround with vjass and installed new jass gen pack

That's strange because it never happened before, at first i think it's because the vjass trigger that i import to, but i tried to disable all vjass, and still got that problem

Last edited:
Level 4
I think this should be on Triggers and scripts...

EDIT: your scripts leak horribly. And what do you mean from dc?

i know it leaks, for testing purpose only. Disconnection, suddenly leave the game

ok can you move my thread, or maybe may i double post on that sub forum?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It could actually be something odd in the object editor, because the triggers seem fine to me. Do you still DC if you disable the triggers shown?

My second guess is that the lightning model you use is corrupted, and it only DC the caster because he is the only one who has his camera at the cast location and actually see the model. Might be a bit of a long shot but it should throw the possibility out there.

edit: After looking again, there are more than one thing can could be corrupted. The ability you add to the player for example. Or the model the dummy use, or maybe even some odd object editor field in the dummy.

Level 23
As Chaosy suggested, try disabling the trigger and see if it still disconnects.

I don't see anything wrong with the trigger that can make players disconnect so my guess is you have another trigger that is causing it. Are you using GetLocalPlayer() in your other triggers? If not, Chaosy may be right and it may be caused by faulty models.

Status
Not open for further replies.