• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Australian University Student studying games design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Name: Sean but call me Stray
Age: 18 (doesn't mean I'm mature just yet :ogre_hurrhurr:)
YouTube: Right Here
Field of Study: Games Development majoring Games Design
Particular project type interests: Campaigns
Fields I can fill for projects: Story, Triggerer, A.I, Object Editor and soon, Level Design (proper level design, not just terrain and stuff)
JASS?: I know the syntax, just learning the documentation
Favourite Warcraft Race: Hard to choose between High Elves, Orcs and Undead
Favourite Organisation: Warsong Clan
Favourite Character: Second worst question I could answer.
Favourite Game: THE worst question I could answer.

Some more about myself
Warcraft III was THE game for me growing up which says something because I played Halo (1 and 2) a lot too. I was 7 when my Dad showed me the World Editor and I immediately wanted to have a career in doing stuff like this. So now I am 18 and studying at University to get a career in Video Games, the thing I love most.

What will I be doing to contribute?
I will be using the Warcraft III World Editor to do some of my assignments at Uni and if (and the likely chance of this is high) I feel the drive to, I will get it in a demo state (minimal) and upload that for feedback to make it better while adding the feedback to my assignment (with credits and sources).
Also note that I am currently working on a campaign with the drive to make it as enthralling as I possibly can so I would love some HARSH analysis.

Thank you for reading my introduction and hopefully I'll be posting more soon! Speaking of posting, my campaign project page might be going up within a few weeks to a months time so keep an eye out. :ogre_kawaii:

Thank you again and here's an awesome quote.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
- Andy Dufresne (Shawshawnk Redemption 1994)
Sincerest regards,
Stray

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I will be using the Warcraft III World Editor to do some of my assignments at Uni and if (and the likely chance of this is high) I feel the drive to, I will get it in a demo state (minimal) and upload that for feedback to make it better while adding the feedback to my assignment (with credits and sources).
Also note that I am currently working on a campaign with the drive to make it as enthralling as I possibly can so I would love some HARSH analysis.
Ermm.. Is that allowed in your school? In my place, teacher should understand and at least more than good at used programming language. Or maybe your teacher is hiveworkshop user as well :p Welcome anyway!

Level 2
Thanks for the welcome, both of you. ;D

Ermm.. Is that allowed in your school? In my place, teacher should understand and at least more than good at used programming language. Or maybe your teacher is hiveworkshop user as well :p Welcome anyway!

Luckily, it's not so much a "school" but rather a University and there aren't so many limitations on our assignments. :ogre_haosis:

Level 2
Already did and he was all good with it. ;D
We're allowed to use anything we want so long as he has access to the game to play it but we can't pirate the game to let him play the map.
Anyway, thanks again for the welcoming, gonna work on the campaign now since I'm really keen to get it's project page up.

Status
Not open for further replies.