• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hi, I'm CaptainHero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm a hobby mapper and got a lot of unique ideas for new game mechanics, units, and spells.

I'm currently "working" on a mod for warcraft 3 - i don't want to spoil anything - so that's all u get to hear from it now. :)
Once it's finished - it's still a long way to go.., i will definitely post it here and share it with you guys. Certainly the project of mine wouldn't have been possible without the hivesworkshop.
I was also party inspired by the amazing resources this side has to offer and i hope I'll make good use of it.

Well more about me and not about my project, which I'm only ready to share with you when i say its done.

I'm a 90s kid and grew up playing warcarft 1, 2 & 3. I also enjoyed playing starcraft 1 & 2 and yes a I'm also planning to make a mod for starcraft 2.

I did study game design for some time, but couldn't really focus on the studies.. well i still have to hand in my final project..
Nonetheless i started studying something else (something normal), since i didn't quite like the game school, it was a private school and somehow was more interested in keeping u paying then teaching u anything new.. Nonetheless at that time "game design" studies were something complete new it might have gotten a bit more established now.. So in the end i might give it another shot.. - i hope this mod will clarify which path i should take

Apart from that i enjoyed playing magic the gathering, heroes of might and magic 1, 2, 3 (with the wake of gods) and 5, i can also recommend spectromancer, so yes I'm also looking forward to play the heart stone.

Never played wow, but i did read some of it's stories and combed it for some ideas.

My mother tongue isn't English, as you could have told already.. so I'm sorry for any misunderstandings and hiccoughs in the future.

Oh and i have unique new game ideas, but yeah..

I'm eager to learn c++.
Basic knowledge of: photoshop, flash, aftereffects, 3ds max, maya and some others..
Good knowledge of: world editor :), design, creativity

Kind regards CaptainHero

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.