• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auras and art effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,

I thought I'd ask 2 different questions in one.

1) I gave my unit devotion and endurance aura neutral creep editions, modified the values they provide, but when I test the map, the aura icon displayed on all affected units, you know that buff icon at the bottom middle of the character portrait? It shows a different icon and it says "Tooltip missing" I'm pretty sure I've added the description to every tooltip in the ability, and still nothing, and also the icon is different for some reason? How do I fix this?

2) How do I modify where the special effects of a spell originates? I have a tower with a spell based off of channel and wisp explosions, but the wisp explosions happen bottom left of the tower, I'd like to change this to on top of the tower.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
2) How do I modify where the special effects of a spell originates? I have a tower with a spell based off of channel and wisp explosions, but the wisp explosions happen bottom left of the tower, I'd like to change this to on top of the tower.
There might be an attachment field. Set it to the appropriate tower attachment point. If not then this is not possible.

Level 11
1) I gave my unit devotion and endurance aura neutral creep editions, modified the values they provide, but when I test the map, the aura icon displayed on all affected units, you know that buff icon at the bottom middle of the character portrait? It shows a different icon and it says "Tooltip missing" I'm pretty sure I've added the description to every tooltip in the ability, and still nothing, and also the icon is different for some reason? How do I fix this?
I didn't reproduce that issue when I gave these two auras to my unit. What did you modify? Do you use imported icons?

Level 4
I didn't reproduce that issue when I gave these two auras to my unit. What did you modify? Do you use imported icons?

I actually found the problem, definitely not sure how to fix it:
Buff problem.png

I changed this "unknown" to slam and the tool tip in game updated to what appears when you use slam.

Level 2
You make a custom buff, based on the original auras, and change their tooltips and icons to the one you want.
After that you go to the ability and set the buff to your instead of the original one.

If you did all of that, idk what went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.