• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Audio Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Does anybody know a program that I can use to edit music, sounds, etc?
Like edit out segments of a song or add segments or mix music or something like that. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Roland

R

Roland

VirtualDJ might help you, I used that before it's quite fun to use and easy to learn.

Roland

R

Roland

Voxal is the perfect tool for recording and to Edit Voices either.

Level 8
Thanks guys! I'm gonna download Audacity and Virtual DJ and see what to do from there :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

As others said, Shaod Fury, Audacity works pretty well for that.
Maybe give this a look: YT Video, showing you how to create a Protoss voice in insane 43 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Depends on if you need effects or not.

Audacity can only do very basic stuff in that regard. It's great if you just need some slight compression and EQ, but if you need more fancy stuff (like when you want to create convincing monster sounds or voices), you should probably look into professional software like Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Reason, Pro Tools or Reaper.

Level 1
I've been using Reaper for streaming and vocal covers the last few months. It's free the first 60 days, and is really cheap.
The benefit of it is that you can modify your effects easily while listening to your recordings to see if it suits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.