• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Radio effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Does anybody know a sound morphing/editing program that can add a radio/walkie talkie effect to a music file? I've tried AV Music Morpher Gold, but it only got Old Radio which is just a lot of noise.
Any help would be greatly appreciated for it's help in my Cinematic Contest #2 entry.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Well, the best way to do it is the put an equalizer effect on your sound, and give it a inverted V shape. That means cut the bass, cut the high, and boost the middle. If the equalizer has more than 3 frequencies, you can make a smoother shape.

Add a little compression, a very little bit of overdrive/distortion if you want, add a sample of radio glitches found on sound websites, and voilà.

Level 18
I understand the inverted V shape part, but after that it's going a bit too advanced for me. I don't have the voices yet that need this sound editing, but when I have them, could you give them that effect for me? Credits are ofcourse given and +rep comes along too.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
The V shape is the essential stuff, the other effects are just in case, if the sound is a little low or needs to be "dirtier". PM me when you have made your voices, we will see about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.