• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attribute Based Passives-Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I'm somewhat new to map making, and I have a question. If I have a trigger that looks similar to:
  • Some Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Narzost ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.30) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using war3mapImported\frost warp.mdx
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
I am confused as to whether this damage in this scenario would be added as extra damage, or would it be done as exact damage?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
It would be done as exact damage. In fact, it can't ever be done as extra damage, because the event doesn't detect a unit actually taking damage. It only detects whether a unit has received the "attack" order. This event has some downsides, mainly being that it won't detect an autoattack (thus you activelly have to give a unit an attack/smart order), and that it's abusable by giving a unit the attackorder a lot of times without actually attacking at all.

To avoid this, you'll need to find a damage detection system. Most are made in jass. Check out jass vault or wc3campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.