• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I wanted to add some models into the attachment points of a unit/heroes but I can't find them.
From here I know that attachment points are in the "art" field but like I said, there are no attachment points in there.

spg4mv.png

Level 4
There are no attachments for units in the object-editor.
You have to create a ability and set the attachments there and than give the ability to the unit or create a item with that ability and give the item to the unit.

Or you attach models with a trigger
But thats all in the tutorial you read.

Level 1
I see, I was thinking of attaching wings for the unit like it's their basic appearance, not an ability.

How do you attach from trigger? When I searched for "attach" it only has "attach 3D sound".

Level 14
One of my favorite ways to add attachments to units is to take an ability like item - armor bonus, copy it, set bonus armor to 0, and then set Art - Target to the attachment you want and the Art - attachment point to wherever you want the attachment to be (origin, chest, head, overhead, etc). Then all you have to do is add this ability to the units you want to have this attachment. You can either add them in the object editor or ingame with triggers. The best part is that armor bonus doesn't have an icon so it doesn't show up as an ability on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.