• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Asylum Trilogy

=====
Darkness ensues the halls and your cell, 2 meals a day and a small cot are the only things there to keep you company. You peek through the jail bars and watch as former cell mates are dragged off to parts unknown and never returned.

How does this hospital hope to help people? How IS this hospital helping people? For 2 days, you have recieved not one meal and not even one outing, have they finnaly decided to forget about you completly and let you die off? Half the complex loses power, the electric jail doors swing open. You peer into the dark to find nothing but the coprses of slain guards and cell mates.

Set foot out of the cell which you have been jailed in for so long, un cover the dark secerts behind the goverment run Asylum and escape while keeping your sanity.
=====

Noob translation:

You are an Asylum patient in a goverment run asylum in the middle of the woods being Ill treated and noticing that cell mates are disappearing.

After a 2 day sudden pause with no food or guard checks, the doors swing open. Now gtfo and start getting chased by zombies kk?

=====
Trilogy: That makes 3.

Asylum, is a story driven zombie survival in the true sense of the word. Theres no surviving wave after wave here, and from the 3 maps you will be playing in different perspective which gives a neat plot element.

There will be 3 maps in the Asylum series;

-Asylum : Prologue :: Mostly combat, you start with guns and find ammo easily here

-Asylum
A Mix of the two, involving combat and puzzle solving. Melee weapons will become your zombie killing method of choice as there are guns but ammo is limited

-Asylum : White coat
Puzzle solving and combat is the name of the game here. There are guns but ammo is limited (Even more so than Asylum) and you arent as effective with melee weapons as the patients are.

1. Asylum: Prologue

The first up for release, in Prologue you play as a un-informed special operatives squad sent in to investigate mishappenings at the Asylum complex.

You arent told any details, as it is "Classified". Things soon take a turn for the worse, and after your chopper is shot down after calling for evac you and your squad have not much choice rather than Push on and find out why you are un-informed, what exactly it is that is classified and why the hell there are zombies running around in an isolated asylum?

So anyway, screenshots:

Note::: The following screenshots are from Asylum Prologue

Screenshot 1:
Zomg scary HELP ME alskdjaklsjdalskdjasd

43669195si5.jpg

my.php

Screenshot 2:
An eerie blue light from the T.V zomgg
62020924zj1.jpg

Screenshot 3:

Muhahaha, my master plan in progress. BEHOLD MY FLASHLIGHT SKILLZ. The zombies cant get me now, Ahahahaha.

16310053eg9.jpg

Screenshot 4:
Fuck... so much for my plan...
11734170yv5.jpg

As I begin to work on the other maps I will update. There is no information on the others as I am only developing Prologue at the moment.

A note for the above screenshots Floating text chat has been replaced with regular chat due to an annoying glitch. If I find a way around it ill re-implement it, but for now just make do with normal chat.

Asylum Prologue Demo (0.1)

Changes log:

(0.1)

-Act I (90% complete) added.
-Initial release

=====================
This is a demo which currently includes Act I of Asylum Prologue. Dropped off at the roof of the complex, investigate the living quarters and then find your way back outside for Evac.

Note: This game was designed for Cooperative play and at minimum 3 players. Since this is a demo a "difficulty" chooser has not yet been implemented but it WILL be in the future and possibly future demos.

While this game is playable Solo, it is hard and you wont make it far on your own.

==Tips==
-Take turns using flashlight and use it only when nesscary so that you conserve battery
-You must manually click enemies to attack them. Your hero will not auto aquire targets. If you wish you may also use the optional manual fire ability if you would like to blind fire into rooms or hall ways or something..
-Items are hidden, usually in cardboard boxes or in closets

And finnaly stick together, running and exploring a dark hall is tempting but I suggest staying in your group.

The demo is currently 4 players maximum. I will increase the player limit If I feel appropriate, but this wasnt made for 10 marines since it is just a squad being sent in.

(Asylum, how ever, includes about 6-8 patients.)

Enjoy! Feed back and suggestions are helpful.

Attachments

• Asylum Prologue demo.w3x
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 6
Well, I dunno, I haven't seen this before but it just looks.. AWESOME!!! :p
I'm not the biggest fan of these games, but the lighting, and how you'll be chopping down zombies with axes, really makes me want to play this. Keep working on it :D

Level 7
Looks pretty sweet, but I can't really say much. I was going to say something about the "Shit, I died" but it looks like SOMEBODY got their first. I like how the terrain is sized up so it looks like, for example, the marine would fit comfortably in one of the doodad chairs.

Level 8
So,
I'm playing it as I type, I Play windowed, What I don't like so far is how most things seem to be,
scaled correctly, yet the helicopter looks like it can hold one marine laying down inside it.
Also, Clicking on the Gun while its loaded removes 1 charge from it at a time, might want to find a way to change that.
I Just died, making my way to the exit that needed a blue security card, Darn ghoul caught up with me.
Anyways, Fun, theirs definatly a dark scary atmosphere, and the idea of running out of ammo, or charge for my battery does frighten me.
I only found one battery.
Anyways, It was Great, Keep up the amazing work on it. =]

Level 17
Well the helicopter is only there for a few seconds at the start, I dont think it should matter much.

Oh, the gun loses a charge? You should click the clip to reload, not the gun. But thanks, ill stop it from losing charges if you have it equipped I suppose.

You should play it online with friends, or anyone really. Its pretty fun to tackle with a team of 3 or 4, I've beat it with a squad of 4.

One died near the admins office, The other 2 died while we were holding our position for evac. Un-surprisingly as tank and awesome as I am I was the only one left alive with my awesome shotgun.

So I beat the demo with 1 surviving squad member, myself. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.