• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Astronomy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In theory, the existence of a Black Hole shows that there is also a White Hole, which has the exact oppsite effect on matter and acts as a exiting point for the connected Black Hole's consumed matter.This is also shows indirect evidence of the existance of a Worm Hole, which is the link between the black and white hole...

Sound interesting? Or did you get any of that?

If I get enough positive feedback, I will like to make a article in the storys forum for everything astronomy once every week, so please, tell me if you are interested!

Level 32
Go for it!

Have at it Horde_Tauren

Be sure that your thread does not violate any Site Rules (I don't see how it possibly COULD).

I'm interested in astronomy as well: that particular branch of science has driven the the increase of man's intellectual thought since the dawn of time.

My home site (click on my signature image) includes links to many powerful astronomy sites and resources:

My own simple (framed) universe page. That page is framed, and is best viewed by accessing the main page: http://home.comcast.net/~typical.geek/

Level 3
Glad to see that I have support. I'll make sure to start first thing tomarrow(EST USA Time):thumbs_up:

Lesson#1-other planets beyond our solar system

Level 25
Uh, there's really no evidence for a "White" hole at the moment. We don't know enough about Black Holes to even speculate yet

They're abberations of space and time, not giant drain holes

And... Yeah, there's heaps of planets outside our solar system

Wikipedia said:
A mathematical singularity is a situation in which a set of equations goes badly wrong. According to general relativity, a black hole's mass is entirely compressed into a region with zero volume, which means its density and gravitational pull are infinite, and so is the curvature of space-time which it causes. These infinite values cause most physical equations, including those of general relativity, to stop working at the center of a black hole. So physicists call the zero-volume, infinitely dense region at the center of a black hole a "singularity".

The singularity in a non-rotating, uncharged black hole is a point, in other words it has zero length, width and height.
If black holes just keep sucking everything into them and just keep getting more and more gravitation power, shouldn't they eventually devour everything?

Level 12
I dont really see how?

Isnt a black hole, to put it simply.
When enough matter collects in an area, causing the gravational forces to become so immense the matter collapses in on itself?

Hawkings theorized that Black Holes slowly evaporate by themselves.
So no need for a while hole?

Level 3
There are many theories on a black hole, but if you would like to find out for sure, jettison yourself into space, and a few thousand years later you might be at the center of our galaxy ,sagitarius(too confusing to spell), and if your lucky you'll be pulled into the super-massive black hole at the center of our galaxy! Mkae sure to send a postcard!

Status
Not open for further replies.