• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Asset Manager - Imported Units Appear and Work but after reload go missing again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi team,

I am having very frustrating issues with the Asset Manager. I have been importing Forsaken and other models into my map ( Map A) - and at first, they work. They appear in the editor and when I ''test'' the map the models also appear and work.

HOWEVER, if I close Map A after saving, or change to a alternate map I am making (Map B) and then revert back to Map A, all the models I imported then ''disappear''. The units placed in the Map A which were previously working are now ''invisible'' - they still attack, but the models have now disappeared.

IN the Asset Manager, the imported models are still there however the size of the files of each unit have now randomly gone to 0.

If I then deleted everything in the asset manager and start from scratch again - they usually work again - but not all the time.

Can anyone advise please? I have attached a picture on what happens to my models after I restart my map. Originally - all those models had file sizes on them.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Warcraft Snipit.PNG
    Warcraft Snipit.PNG
    213.6 KB · Views: 26
Level 12
Hey, I believe this usually happens because a model is corrupted.

What you can do do prevent the issue: Don't click "Test Map" directly after making changes. Instead, save first and then click "Test Map".

I had the described issue myself, and since following this procedure I haven't encountered it. If by any chance you forget to save first and all your imports get to 0, follow this advice here Suddenly all my imports stopped working.

Level 2
Hey, I believe this usually happens because a model is corrupted.

What you can do do prevent the issue: Don't click "Test Map" directly after making changes. Instead, save first and then click "Test Map".

I had the described issue myself, and since following this procedure I haven't encountered it. If by any chance you forget to save first and all your imports get to 0, follow this advice here Suddenly all my imports stopped working.
Hey, thanks for your help.

I had another go last night - I imported around 6 models, and then on my 7th model I imported it then automatically restarted ALL my models and their size went to 0 and none of them will no longer show. To make matters worse, I then restarted into a new map and none of the models would work even when trying to import initially. I will have a look at your link - thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.