• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AssaultRifle

I made this attachment for a special marine commando guy, but i think it may find some more uses if uploaded as an attachment. If you guys like it, i'll make a second version of it, using a grenade launcher and eventually other types of guns ;-). It's made in way that allows to directly attach it to the ingame Marines. Feel free to use it in any way you like! Have fun with it!

EDIT 1: UV-wrap on laser-pointer diode has been fixed, backside of magazine has been fixed! And minor changes on the scope have been applied! Give credits to TLI-Inferno for the new screenie! ;-)

EDIT 2: made a few changes in the UV-map of the handle. In addition, i made a new bone named ''LaserLight'' to which the laser beam from the laser pointer is attached. One from the 2 planes of the laser beam got removed, as the bone to which the other one is assigned, is billboarded. After the edits, the model got optinmized in MDLVIS. The filesize has been reduced a little bit.

Keywords:
rifle, automatic rifle, gun, assault rifle, modern warfare, futuristic, attachment
Contents

AssaultRifle (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Nothing too special but you solid work. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 21:44, Thursday 17th May 2012
Frankster :
Nothing too special but you solid work.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

what's that solid red thingie?

Looks really good. If u could make more guns - would be cool. I am actually thinking of PM-ing u xD

Btw, why is the clip formed of team-color ? o_O
Feel free to PM me @ any time. The color is becoz i made the printscreen in Model Viewer and it can't display War3Patch skins (in this case the TinkerTank texture).

looks like sniper rifle what is a red thing? is this konstrukt rifle if this a konstrukt i will download it..
the red thingie is the magazine. It uses the TinkerTank texture, and model viewer can't display it for some reason.

looks more like a sniper rifle.

No, it's an assault rifle. Many rifles got a scope on top (like the Sig 552 in counter strike, which i used as a concept). I will upload soon a sniper rifle and shotgun as well.

I'm glad you like this one! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 8
Barrel is way too long to be an assault rifle, and regardless of whether some of them have scopes or not, that's a sniper scope. You can tell by the shape and size. The magazine is also way to big, relative to the handle, and it's too curved.

Barrel is way too long to be an assault rifle, and regardless of whether some of them have scopes or not, that's a sniper scope. You can tell by the shape and size. The magazine is also way to big, relative to the handle, and it's too curved.

shortened the length of the barrel, and reduced the size of the scope

Looks decent, but it could use some adjustments to the wrap. The parts of the gun don't really seem to match at the moment. It's not a big deal, but it could stand some improvement.
I rate this a 4/5.

I also figured you could stand to have a better preview.
152739-albums4597-picture51871.jpg

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152739-albums4597-picture51871.jpg
Use this as your model's preview. Also, in case the preview does not actually update, I suggest that you post this preview in your description.

Level 1
remove the laser and lower the size of the file might be better.
any way.looking for more of your work!~

wat te bicth! it not hr but i lik th laser light ;) nice idea!
thanks dude :wink: i'm happy to see that my models are usefull to my dear neffews :wink: your Uncle does his best to contribute to the increase of the Hive's model section

remove the laser and lower the size of the file might be better.
any way.looking for more of your work!~
just go ahead and check out my ressources :wink: there are a lot more models from which the one or other might be useful for you :wink: