• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm having a problem with a map I'm making. It makes a gunfire sound whenever a unit attacks. I can hear it fine when I host the map, but apparently nobody else can. Here's my trigger. What's going on with this?

• Tactical
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Marine [|cff00ff00.45 Tactical|r] (.45 Tactical)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Attacking unit) of type |cffcccccc.45 Tactical|r)) Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Sound - Play assaultrifle <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Attacking unit)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Attacking unit) of type |cffcccccc.45 Tactical|r) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Attacking unit) of type |cffcccccc.45 Tactical|r)) - 1)
          • Wait 0.30 seconds
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Critters\Albatross\CritterBloodAlbatross.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (Player group((Owner of (Attacking unit)))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Attacking unit)))) the text: |cffffff00OUT OF AM...

Level 6
I'd go with RedBlade, try playing it at a point. The attacker isn't moving while attacking anyway. Maybe it's only played for you because it's attached to your unit. If that's not it, perhaps the sound channel it is played in got something to do with it.

Level 8
I tried attaching it to the point, but that still doesn't go. I could use the Play Sound action, but then it wouldn't be 3D, and I want it to be. Any thoughts on other possibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.