• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Artifact TD v.1.23

This is what i was working on the last few months... It's my fourth greater map now, but it's my first TD.

It contains lots of old and new elements, an assessable range of upgrades that will be extended in later versions, and some consumeables and random towers that can be purchased at the shops.

During the game, you gain Score-Points which can be saved and loaded. When you have enough Score-Points, you can unlock new, special Artifacts!

It is essential that you read the loadscreen. I hope you enjoy my map and leave comments.

XelNecra
(Ingame: BwS.XelNecra @Northrend)

==Important News==

Version 1.23.

It is finally done. After more than half a year. It mainly took us that logn because of school and work, but in the last few days we worked hard on getting it all done. I hope you like the results.

A new set of 4 random Artifacts has been added. Those Artifacts offer totally new tactics. In addition to that, the Darksteel set has been revamped, giving massive bonuses to the Artifacts. But this power has its price... find out yourself.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Artifact, TD, Tower Defense, Tower, Defense, Surviver, Maul, Solo, Save, Load, Code, Score, XP, EXP
Contents

Artifact TD v.1.23 (Map)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Hey I see here alot of improvements even I think this map is for multiplayer only. Well I like your new towers there. I see in your map nice efort, nice done terrain. Rate is Usefull (for multiplayers only). Sorry for whaiting we must...
Level 2
My first guess is the return bug. since blizzards attempt to fix it, many maps got screwed up.
You should try to get the latest versions of your games asap. that should fix the problem if my guess is right.

Problem is that 1.24d is the latest official patch :/ Came out a few days ago

Level 2
There seems to be an issue with your minimap preview crashing Mac users. If you could change it, that would be wonderful, so we can play. =)

Level 1
I enjoy your map very much, however, I have only been able to play it single player for the longest time. It annoys me that your map does not give points in Single Player mode, as I can never play your map to its fullest. I understand that it could be a form of cheating by earning points in Single Player, but what if you created a different load code that could only be used in Single Player? I'm sure since you can detect when someone was playing alone, (IE. "You don't earn a code in Single Player"), you could create a code that will load points in Single Player, but not in Multiplayer. Not everyone plays Warcraft Maps with other people, or even online for that matter. Many players would probably appreciate the added flexibility of your map, and I don't think you need to do much to add this code in. Please consider this for future versions of your map. If you were to add this, Artifact TD would be my favorite Tower Defense of all time. Great Job on the map and Good luck with all your future maps!

P.S. I registered for this forum just to tell you that XD

Level 4
i would love to see a map like this on starcraft 2! what do you think?

A coincidence that i am just playing SC2 singleplayer and when i saw the attacking towers i just thought "wow, that would make great for a TD".

Though, ATD has no response at all anymore, which is normal because we stopped updating it. I think an ATD for SC2 would not feel the same. Arkless tries to get involved with Element-TD, which i hope works for him. If he does, i will quit mapping anyway because i dont think i'll find such a great partner again. If he doesnt, the chances are still tiny because my real life just doesbt give me the time anymore...

Level 2
rly nice game man.congratz =)
bad thing is this td is time consumer to gain point and has alot of time that doesnt update.i play this td like a 1 year ago and still good but cuold have more randoms artifacts and legacy artfct are useless its not that good =/. btw i have 1.4k points >.>

Level 1
I realize this may be a few years too late, but is there any way to play this game today? I downloaded the file but when I try to create the game online or in LAN, it says the game was unable to be found.

Level 1
Very fun to play, thank you! Took a while to come up with the best mazing scenario, felt my brain moving and that's great.