1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Artifact TD v.1.23

Submitted by XelNecra
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is what i was working on the last few months... It's my fourth greater map now, but it's my first TD.

It contains lots of old and new elements, an assessable range of upgrades that will be extended in later versions, and some consumeables and random towers that can be purchased at the shops.

During the game, you gain Score-Points which can be saved and loaded. When you have enough Score-Points, you can unlock new, special Artifacts!

It is essential that you read the loadscreen. I hope you enjoy my map and leave comments.

XelNecra
(Ingame: BwS.XelNecra @Northrend)

==Important News==

Version 1.23.

It is finally done. After more than half a year. It mainly took us that logn because of school and work, but in the last few days we worked hard on getting it all done. I hope you like the results.

A new set of 4 random Artifacts has been added. Those Artifacts offer totally new tactics. In addition to that, the Darksteel set has been revamped, giving massive bonuses to the Artifacts. But this power has its price... find out yourself.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Artifact, TD, Tower Defense, Tower, Defense, Surviver, Maul, Solo, Save, Load, Code, Score, XP, EXP
Contents

Artifact TD v.1.23 (Map)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Hey I see here alot of improvements even I think this map is for multiplayer only. Well I like your new towers there. I see in your map nice efort, nice done terrain. Rate is Usefull (for multiplayers only). Sorry for whaiting we must...
  1. Vincent

Vincent

Resources:
    Resources:
    first levels are ULTIMATELY hard BUT the end towers are good....
    Nice td!

2. twelveoclock

twelveoclock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    gogo Icy Manipulator!

3. Mitchomitch

Mitchomitch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice TD! Gj! 5/5

4. Ultimate_MapCreator

Ultimate_MapCreator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmz... release date 9.3.2008...? I think you ment 2009 ^^ (description)

5. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    xD a phack... but thats not worth a new version, i guess << i'll fix it next time...

6. xenoche

xenoche

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Artifact TD = Fun

Awesome TD. The features are a nice change from the usual TD grind and its great to see the TD genre is still evolving, the question is, whats next? Oh the possibilities.

7. shocker154

shocker154

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found a bug. It happened with 2 people it says checkpoint 3 is blocked but there are no towers near checkpoint 3...

8. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you have a replay of this? Ithelps us fixing...

9. spiderpig

spiderpig

Resources:
    Resources:
    whilst playing with my brother, its been lagging and kicking him out of the game about halfway through (lvl 20-24) and thought perhaps it was a bug...
    it says this message once he has been booted
    "d/c... WTF O.O"
    thanks

10. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Never heard of that bug though...
    I will check it. And no, ATD is not dead. A new version will be released this month. I know that i promised that several times to several people, but Arkless will force me using physical power, so i have no choice :hohum:

11. Jassu

Jassu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your month has passed.

12. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Say thanks to Blizzard's attempt to fix the return bug.
    We're on getting the map work again. But tbh meanwhile i am fed up...

13. Jassu

Jassu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh, my map was royally screwed, too (and I have 0 instances of the return bug).

I have a question for you. Why do you have an S2I function that uses the return bug?

Edit: I'm sure you know this, but have you used the temporary fix of sticking call DoNothing()s in between the return lines of your return bug functions? And you know there's a StringHash native, right? Does the same thing as the S2I function.

14. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually i didnt know. The Areas of the script thats use the return bug are Arkless' sections (to be honest i didnt even knew what the return bug was before it screwed up our map), and i dont touch his sections, mainly because i dont understand his sections oO But he's currently waiting for me to do something i dont find time for, before he can finish the map.
    I know that this is the third time that the release is delayed, but there will be a new vesion of this map for sure!

15. Jassu

Jassu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, okay. As long as one of you knows. :D

16. Piranha89

Piranha89

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi there

I slowly wonder when the next version will be released.
    Arkless was testing several new towers months ago and all of them are working since a long time.
    So what are you waiting for?:hohum:

17. Jassu

Jassu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read this part of XelNecra's post:

This is why a new version has not been released.

18. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    F*** my reallife. imma do the last things now, at once, after this post, and pass it on to arkless, today.

EDIT: Artifact TD will be in Beta this weekend. I will discuss an open Beta with arkless.

19. anteatereater

anteatereater

Resources:
    Resources:
    will the new version resolve the issue of our beloved nephilims dying during the dmg test stage? :) i believe it's something related to the star-dust rune that triggers the allergic reaction.

20. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    D: dude what? Replay or it didnt happen! Sent fast via icq or mail, pls. I dunno how far arkless got now, but we need to fix a bug like that before release!