1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Artifact TD v.1.23

Submitted by XelNecra
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is what i was working on the last few months... It's my fourth greater map now, but it's my first TD.

It contains lots of old and new elements, an assessable range of upgrades that will be extended in later versions, and some consumeables and random towers that can be purchased at the shops.

During the game, you gain Score-Points which can be saved and loaded. When you have enough Score-Points, you can unlock new, special Artifacts!

It is essential that you read the loadscreen. I hope you enjoy my map and leave comments.

XelNecra
(Ingame: BwS.XelNecra @Northrend)

==Important News==

Version 1.23.

It is finally done. After more than half a year. It mainly took us that logn because of school and work, but in the last few days we worked hard on getting it all done. I hope you like the results.

A new set of 4 random Artifacts has been added. Those Artifacts offer totally new tactics. In addition to that, the Darksteel set has been revamped, giving massive bonuses to the Artifacts. But this power has its price... find out yourself.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Artifact, TD, Tower Defense, Tower, Defense, Surviver, Maul, Solo, Save, Load, Code, Score, XP, EXP
Contents

Artifact TD v.1.23 (Map)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Hey I see here alot of improvements even I think this map is for multiplayer only. Well I like your new towers there. I see in your map nice efort, nice done terrain. Rate is Usefull (for multiplayers only). Sorry for whaiting we must...
  1. MasterHaosis: Hey I see here alot of improvements even I think this map is for multiplayer only. Well I like your new towers there. I see in your map nice efort, nice done terrain. Rate is Usefull (for multiplayers only).
    Sorry for whaiting we must whait until come htis new map section
    [APPROVED]

2. Danabanana

Danabanana

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is similar to gem tower defense, but not the same. Congratulations i like this tower defense.
    I hope you will update new towers and items and decrease the wood-costs for random towers. Good Job !

3. Danabanana

Danabanana

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is similar to gem tower defense, but not the same. Congratulations i like this tower defense.
    I hope you will update new towers and items and decrease the wood-costs for random towers. Good Job !

4. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I hear that quite often (that it is similar to gem TD). In fact i play Gem TD a lot, but i didn't steal or something, the similarities are only at the first look.

More updates will follow ;)

5. Techo

Techo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it fantastic map :) I was the first solved the DMG-Test ^^

6. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Great map; glad I played it. 10/10.

I'd suggest moving the 'build artifact' icon - seems sort of random to have to move mouse so much. move it to (0,2) which will place it on the bottom left.

Seems like a random suggestion, but it's the little things that bug me.

7. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is on 2/0 because then it fits to the other hotkeys (i made the hotkeys q w e r, in the order of the buttons). But maybe you're right and I should move it...

Release of v.1.04 will be 29.02.2008. It contains various fixes and balances as well as at least one new Tower-set. I'm also on a mind to create some more consumeables that give your towers temporary buffs, so the next version will be worth downloading (again ^^)

8. AlexM

AlexM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really nice map. I dont think its that much simillar to Gem TD.

9. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :) more then 1000 downloads, 27 votes and a rating of almost 9. Thanks guys!!! I'll put some extra-effort in v.1.07.!

10. manstie

manstie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ey, i played it then i got my code, then i use my code in the next thing and it says its wrong
    i got a screenshot of my code and looked at it very carefully and it was the correct code, but it didnt work...
    -load 5600530906305000166
    my code didnt give me a letter, is that the problem?

11. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That Bug was fixed in the 1.10.b.-version already... I can fix your code if you send them by mail (as mentioned on the loadscreen, btw)

12. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After the break i took because of my exams, I'm finally done. The next version is great, you really have to check it out!

13. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The whole TD scene isn't really my thing, I enjoy a good one now and then but I can't play one all the time; much like dota.

However, this one caught my eye because of it's 'Score-Point' system that made me think it has RPG elements, man that would've been awesome. However, after playing it I've noticed that you can't really get anywhere without score points. Basically, it's too blooming hard to play without uber amounts of points for uber towers.

The game begins relatively simple, almost a clone of Gem TD, if you wish. However, the difficulty increases massively by the time you hit wave 5 and then, unless you know to check the -air command, you're smashed by air units which are practically unbeatable, may I add, without proper anti air.

Don't get me wrong, I checked -air, and I survived too, yet the other players I was with didn't. As any other player would, I played on. Then I reached level 11. The only thing I can really say about that wave was; 'WOAH'. The practically skipped through my defense, as did the waves after that.

With that aside, though, this map has took a pretty new idea and constructed a map from it, kudos for that. The towers have a pretty good balance and the way that the map is set out allows for imaginative mazes. Although, this is certainly one for the TD 'nerds', as per say, because if you don't read tooltips and the like, you'll be squeeling by wave 8.

The score system allows for a new 'dimension' of TD's, as the playability increases because you have to play it over and over again to finish it. And, one would presume, the game gets funner as you go along.

3/5

14. I like the TD very much!

What i like is, that you can play the map alone as good as in the multiplayer mod. The only disadvantage in the single player mod is, that you dont get any score points

I hope xel.necra will go on with his work because he made a nice map with the Artifact TD!

Btw: I didn't found any bug in the map ;-)

:fp:Rating: 10/10

15. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really hear very often that the Air-Waves are imbalanced, however, everyone (playing on the difficulties easy, normal or hard, starting with 0 score) who builds at least one Anti-Air-Artifact within the first 10 rounds (which is really not that hard, you should even be able to upgrade it) will have no problem with that air-wave. All Air-Waves except the last one are really well balanced and easy to beat unless you do not build enough Anti-Air, and the last one will be rebalanced in 1.13.. Most people build Artifacts and pwn the ground-waves before they even reach the first checkpoint, but they die because of air. Not because of the missing gold but because they just did not pay attention...

But well, I must admit that the last two difficulties are just too hard. They are for those players who unlocked the Darksteel-Techtree and the Portals. I cant say whether that is something "for nerds", but well, I actually got many complains about the limited number of unlockable Artifacts, so I keep up adding new unlockable Artifacts. New ones might really think that it is impossible to unlock the Elemental Altar for example, but well, when you start the game, you play on easy. Playing on Hard (when you're "pro") will grant you x3 score, and after unlocking the Darksteel-Tree and playing on "Godlike" you get x4 points. So the more you play, the faster you gain Score. In addition to that, the first few Artifacts can easily be unlocked by playing the game 5 or 6 times because the amount of score is very low. After that you unlocked about 3 new Artifacts.
    This way, players who play my map several times are rewarded and new players are still able to unlock "Their first Artifacts" very fast.

16. Kupownage

Kupownage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd just like to add to this that Darksteel towers are practically useless. With the exception of the Necrogen towers, they have average damage, and they cost a bloody fortune in gold. Much better to use basic towers/random. I can beat Godlike (barely) with normals but Darksteel is a complete loss for me =/ (Current score 1600ish)

17. Asgard_Ragna

Asgard_Ragna

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Great map, i really like to play it!

18. XelNecra

XelNecra

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All Darksteel-Artifacts are at average 6% stronger then normal artifacts. They're well balanced.

19. Foopad

Foopad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This map stands out, and that's great.
    It's nice to see a td, where it's not just the same old thing.
    I really like the idea, and gameplay, either you maze, or get Artifacts!
    Nice work on the towers.
    This map is nearly to perfection :D
    9½/10