• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arthas Campaign - Undead

Arthas Campaign - Undead
Created by [The]Blood_Head - Sagi5533

Map Info:

After Arthas and Jaina had assulted Zul'Farrak, Arthas was crowned the new king of the survivors of Lordaeron. As Lordaeron's fate remains unknown some major forces will be invloved in Azeroth's new destiny.

Features:

- This is a sequel for Arthas Campaign - Humans.
- For each chapter there's special Difficulty system.
- The Campaign is not editable.

Campaigns Progress:

Arthas Campaign - Humans
Arthas Campaign - Undead
Arthas Campaign - Orc
Arthas Campaign - Curse of the Worgen
Arthas Campaign - ????
Arthas Campaign - ????
Arthas Campaign - ????
Arthas Campaign - ????

Characters and Screen Shots:

Bloody The Seeker:
After betraying Humanity by delivering the book of Medivh right into the Scourge's hands, Bloody has joined the ranks of the Scourge as the first Demon Knight. Bloody will have a major role in this campaign and some secrets of his past will be reveled.

full

Lord Uther:
While his fate unkown, Lord Uther was ambushed by Bloody and Kel'Thuzad.
Lord Uther will have also a major role in this campaign..

full

Kel'Thuzad:
Kel'Thuzad is the founder of the cult of the dammned and one of the principal agents of the lich king, responsible for the spreading of the plague of undeath across Lordaeron. Originally a Human Mage of the Kirin Tor, Kel'Thuzad was stayed under the influence of the Lich King. After bringing the plague to Lordaeron under the pretense of being under the orders of Mal'Ganis he was slain by King Arthas, and later ressurected as a lich by Mal'Ganis.

full

Mal'Ganis:
As Arthas and Jaina were investigating rumors of plague, they were attacked again and again by the forces of the Scourge posing as the personal army of the dreadlord Mal'Ganis. Mal'Ganis rised an powerful zombies army at Stratholme and failed to lure Arthas into slaying his own citizens. Mal'Ganis then went to Silvermoon and resurrected Kel'Thuzad after a short and quick merciless Slaughter of the Elves..

full

Tichondrius :
Tichondrius is the leader of the Nathrazim of the Burning Legion, under the command of Kil'Jaden.
in this timeline Tichondirus will be playable by the players with new demonic powers.. He will have to face major decisions through this timeline.

full

Prologue: Fate of the Scourge:

Chapter One: The Demon Lord:

Chapter Two: New Force in Lordaeron:

Chapter Three: Return of the Burning Legion:

Chapter Four Interlude: Lone Wolf:

Chapter Four: Forgotten Shores:

Chapter Five: Twitchy Living:

Chapter Six: Frostmourne Hungers:

Chapter Seven Interlude: Arthas, My Son:

Chapter Seven: Storm In Arathi:

Chapter Eight: Fallen Lord:

Bouns Chapter: What's Next?:

Difficulty Choose for each chapter:

Change Log:

Added:
Cheats for now are enabled
Difficult system on every chapter
The Campaign is not editable

Credits:

Special Thanks:

Gottfried - consulter for Lore

Testers:
Verb8im
Yuefang
CY The UnGodly

Models/Skins/Icons:
New Graveyard - by MasterHaosis
Bishop Hero - by HerrDave
Scarlet Buildings - by NilasAran_39 & Elrat
BTNDeathCurse - by BLazeKraze
Cannons - by paulH
Scarlet Archer - by Agugrom, Sexylycan
Scarlet Crusade Paladin - by SpoofyMcPackerson
Scarlet DOC Footman - by John_Drake, Blizzard Entertainment, Peacegetter
WestfallChurch - AnimE, Rem
Frontier Tower Lordaeron - by NilasAran_39
Pack 'Possession Stone's Mouth "v.1.4 - by NilasAran_39 , the Storm the Shadow, Elrat , WebSteR
Brewer - by IrokeZ
Altar of the Dwarf - By Pins
Castle - By Mr. Bob
ChertogSlavi - Mr. Bob
House Simplest - By eubz
Norse Stronghold - By Mr. Bob
quarters - by Mastro, Rem
Towers - by uGre
Academy Kurdai - Keth
Ogre Worker - by Dron
DwarfArchMage - By Sellenisko
Dwarven Hero - By Direfury
Dwarf Rifleman - by Direfury
Dwarven Workers - By Vermillion Edict
Dwarven Guardsman - By Vermillion Edict
Dwarven warrior - By Frankster
Elementalist - By Vermillion Edict
RagnarosMinion - By Sin'dorei300
Plated Footman - by HappyTauren
Hanged Man -
RoyalFootman - by HateCrew
BE LightWarrior - by DeathBringer
Stormwind Vanguard - Submitted by takakenji
Villager Grandma - by Foxxjuh
Human Paladins - by Direfury
Hero Wild Dwarf Berserker - by Kael Theron
Galen Trollbane -by CloudWolf
Guard_Armor_Stromgarde - by paladinjst
HeroRogue - by Sorvaltis
Stromgarde Footman - by takakenji
Footman Javelineer - by Eagle XI
Tree_Flowering - by eubz
Pine Trees - by Fingolfin
Sargeras - By Vaanel

Edited by me:
GrommashHellscream - by Tauer, skin edited by Sagi5533
KingArthas - by Sagi5533
ScarletBanner - by Sagi5533
StrmogardeBanner - by Sagi5533
RockingKingArthas - by Sagi5533
Sound Voices of Brox
Campaign's Menu
Preview map - Photoshoped by me, with Blizzard's Arthas Photo and Ghostrider

Music:
From WoW Expansions
Nightwish
Two Steps From Hell
Dream Evil

Tech-Trees:
Zombies Race - Chapter 7 - CY The UnGodly

Preview map Picture:
GhostRider/Blizzard

Author's notes:

This Campaign has a sequel: Arthas Campaignn - Orc. I want to add also 2P Campaign for it, but I guess I'll foucs on it later. If you have any ideas/offers/willing to help in thee campaign leave a comment/private me :)

Contents

Arthas Campaign - Undead (Campaign)

Level 3
this is a fking masterpiece, watched it all, now time to play it all
thank you a lot for creating this, i have always been fanboying about arthas alternative ending

Level 6
What is that music theme in the mission "Fallen Lord" ? I really love it, it actually fits so well.

Edit: Found it, it's called "Fatal Lullaby"

Last edited:
Level 9
After playing the campaign from start to finish I must say that I've had more fun playing this than I had with Arthas - Human.

I've also encountered a few bugs and minor annoyances that I think are worth pointing out:
- On the first map the screen got locked in a weird angle and didn't allow me the tactical top view of the action.
- On the fifth map the screen got locked in a weird angle again.
- Bloody's Runic Aura causes those visible effects and sounds each time he is hit. It's kind of annoying to hear if Bloody is hit by several units at the same time in melee.
- The map where Arthas finds his father's body and triggers the flashback overloaded the speakers. It would have been a good addition if the sound wasn't so strong.

From start to finish there are a LOT of grammar errors, flat dialogues and bad punctuation. For example there are , where . should be; and there are little to no ! or ?! to properly show a character's reaction or give it more emotion in dialogues.
The maps are nicely designed with the exception of the ones pulled out of the Undead Campaign that are nearly identical with a few exceptions that didn't quite feel original but kind of made sense in a way should you brainstorm their logic enough.
The relationship between the Dreadlords and the Undead was meant to be that between Master and Servant (the Undead was a tool to be used by the Legion, not an extension of their ranks), they were talking to each other as if they were best friends so it was difficult to tell who was giving the orders and made sure everyone was in line and did what they were told.
Mal'ganis goes rogue for no aparent reason, he manually builds a personal Undead army and switched from "kill all humans/all life" to "I want to be the boss around here" for no discernible reason.
In the final mission I've greatly enjoyed the atmosphere and the challange the map gave me. Even though I decided to beat it on Hard to get the bonus scene it was very simple to beat. I still don't understand why Kel'thuzad suddenly decided to split up and leave alone while Bloody got to keep the rest of the Undead till the end. The boss fight with Mal'ganis was a bit anticlimactic, I kept him stunned with the Hellspawn/Custom Doomguard, he wasn't much of a challenge in the end and this set me back when it comes to enjoyment and challenge.
The bonus scene is the best thing from the entire campaign. Seeing a random Orc fall from the sky and instant kill everything on impact was awesome. Seeing Broxigar literally bend reality, nearly reshape the landscape when he shouted and beat demons into the ground made me laugh so much.

Overall I've enjoyed this a lot more than the previous campaign. There are improvements to be seen both in story and scripting, but sadly lack the final finishing touches to give it an overall shine. I grade the campaign with a solid 3.5/5.

Level 1
Hi, first of all I love this campaign. But there is a very big mistake in the mission Chapter Four: Forgotten Shores and is that it does not let me start it, the screen stays black and that's it. Can someone tell me how to fix it? And I'm sorry, my English is not very good

Level 4
hello friend great maps on human campain after the 9 chapter when i see outside SW bloddy and cast ghouls after i kill them game stops.ON Undead game stops before the four chapter begin can you see it plz? Lord Of Chaos same prolbem on chapter 4 undead and Human chapter nine when i meet BLOODY

Level 5
Hello, I just started this campaign.
I played it before but didn't finish it.

Chapter 1-3:
-They are too easy because of Rain of Fire. It's fucking op.
I would nerf the duration of the summons ATLEAST to the half.
That way you need to think more about it than mindlessly spamming it.
Not the mention the other 2 spells which are also very powerful.
The difficulty is a joke on hard - That's not hard at all...
Now I know it gets a lot harder from now on - I'm on chapter 4 now.
Also I would wish for more creative missions. Imo they are too similar to the original campaign.

Chapter 4:
-The aura visuals looks amazing on Bloody and Uther.
I like the personality of bloody. This chapter is a lot harder
and the green dragons somehow often comes from behind
and kill my spell casters..I like it. You need to micro them so they don't die.

Last edited:
Level 15
Hello, I just started this campaign.
I played it before once but didn't finish it.

Chapter 1-3:
-They are too easy because of Rain of Fire. It's fucking op.
I would nerf the duration of the summons ATLEAST to the half.
That way you need to think more about it than mindlessly spamming it.
Not the mention the other 2 spells which are also very powerful.
The difficulty is a joke on hard - That's not hard at all...
Now I know it gets a lot harder from now on - I'm on chapter 4 now.
Also I would wish for more creative missions. Imo they are too similar to the original campaign.

Chapter 4:
-The aura visuals looks amazing on Bloody and Uther.
I like the personality of bloody.

Hey mate, I'll be honest this campaign is basicly to tell the lore and isn't that hard (blizzlike campaign) which will also explaine why I made the quests similar to those in the original campaign :)

Level 1
Hey im using 1.20C ver chapter 4 after the interlude doesnt work how come??

It just becomes black screen after i i enter chapter 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
Hey im using 1.20C ver chapter 4 after the interlude doesnt work how come??

It just becomes black screen after i i enter chapter 4

I understand these bugs can be frustrating but all I can say is when I created this campaign I used version 1.28.5. I myself having troubles editing previous campaigns (Humans undead etc) cause working on version 1.31.1 and the maps I created in version 1.28.5 doesn't work well.. all I can say is if you are experiencing any bugs it must be related to the version of wc3, the difference between the versions and it's not up to me :/

Level 1
Okay i understand thank you for your response. I fixed it tho. Sorry im a newbie towards the warcraft 3 switcher just figured it out how to use it a while ago. Its a still a great campaign.
I understand these bugs can be frustrating but all I can say is when I created this campaign I used version 1.28.5. I myself having troubles editing previous campaigns (Humans undead etc) cause working on version 1.31.1 and the maps I created in version 1.28.5 doesn't work well.. all I can say is if you are experiencing any bugs it must be related to the version of wc3, the difference between the versions and it's not up to me :/

Level 8
Okay i understand thank you for your response. I fixed it tho. Sorry im a newbie towards the warcraft 3 switcher just figured it out how to use it a while ago. Its a still a great campaign.
Do you have a warcraft switcher for patch 1.28.5? cuz my laptop doesn't support newer patches above 1.27.

Level 1
Great job! I loved your campaings!
I want to ask if there is any use of the "cheese" that Bloody finds just before he claims the Frostmourne?

Level 2
Alright. I admit it. I just couldn't help myself.
Reviewing that Human Campaign just put too many unanswered questions into my mind.
I absolutely had to find out if any of them would be answered, later on. So… were they?

Well… I definitely came out of this one with far less questions than the first campaign. At the same time, though… I have a few questions that have less to do with the plot and more to do with the construction of the maps, themselves.

A problem that the Human Campaign had was its inconsistent difficulty. This Undead Campaign, too, suffers from that issue… It felt like a lot of the missions were super-easy right from the first one – on Medium, anyway. But then, toward the middle of the campaign, the difficulty suddenly spiked and things got incredibly hectic. It never got insurmountable, but it definitely got frustrating. There was a definite focus on certain kinds of units for three straight missions, so it forces the player to play in a way they may not, normally. I suppose this has its good points and bad points, but it's kind of annoying to have such an open game be reduced to doing the same thing over-and-over to win…

Now, there's also a problem that was unique to this campaign. Namely, the maps, themselves. A majority of them were huge, but… they didn't have anything happening on them. On top of that, there's rarely any reason to go and explore and the rewards – if any – just don't seem to be worth it, half-the-time.
On a related note, 3-out-of-8 of the missions, in this campaign, were recycled from Reign of Chaos. I don't mean that the layouts were reused, like with Stratholme in the first campaign. I mean that three of the maps in this campaign were carbon copies of maps that are already in the released game with, for the most part, minimal changes. There was one that was radically changed, but even that had too much of a "familiar taste" to it, for me, and it felt more-than-a-little-lazy, but, that's just my opinion.

So… half the maps were big, empty spaces while the other half were recycled. That's… not too good. But, what did I think of the story? Weeell

To start, we're introduced to Tichondrius and Mal'Ganis (who was conspicuously absent from the last campaign, doing Light-knows-what). There's a little bit of chit-chat between those two and Kel'Thuzad, but it's nothing terribly important. Bloody, who is classified as a "Demon Knight," and Uther, who's a different kind of Death Knight from "Evil Arthas," both arrive and greetings are exchanged, then the two groups go on their separate ways which leads into the first mission… "Blackrock & Roll, Too!"
No, really. The first mission of this Custom Campaign is a complete duplicate of the 6th Reign of Chaos Undead Mission, except that instead of Arthas, you get to control a modified Tichondrius who has Archimonde's "Finger of Death" ability repurposed as a Chain Lightning spell. And, once again… I have to ask what the point of doing things "differently" is when the end result is going to be the same. But, never mind.

While the dreadlord and lich do their thing, Mal'Ganis does what he promised to do in the cutscene: find any lingering humans and kill them. Rather than just erase them from existence, though, he gets up to his old tricks and decides it would be more fun to turn them into zombies. So, basically, it's The Culling, but the player takes the role of Mal'Ganis and there's no rival to fight. Well, no mandatory rival. The Scarlet Crusade is kicking about which is… surprising. But, as the campaign doesn't specify how much time passed between the last (Arthas) Human Campaign mission and this one, it's as likely as anything that the Scarlet Crusade – which is made up of Silver Hand remnants – already took control of Vandermar Village "in the name of Lordaeron." (Uther's fall was, technically, what sparked that uprising, in the main timeline.)

In any case, Mal'Ganis goes on a little spree and converts 100 humans into zombies, then sends them away for later use. Meanwhile, Kel'Thuzad wanders down south to re-enact the Reign of Chaos Undead finalé, "The Destruction of Dalaran." Just like Mission 01, this is a complete copy-and-paste job. And, just like with Mission 01, the part of Arthas is played by Tichondrius. Nothing much to say, there, I guess.

Once Archimonde is summoned, he proceeds to wrecks Dalaran City. A little later on, Tichondrius calls Kel'Thuzad to an undisclosed location to bring something to his attention. It turns out that he's been spying on Mal'Ganis… and for good reason. Mal'Ganis was formulating plans of his own, keeping them secret from his brethren and allies. What is he planning? Why is he keeping secrets from the Legion? We'll come back to that, later. For now, let's shift focus onto our two bosomest of fallen paladin buddies!

During all the brouhaha in Lordaeron, it seems that Bloody and Uther were sent up to Northrend, by Kel'Thuzad, to look for some kind of artifact. Shortly after arriving at Daggercap Bay The Forgotten Shore of Dragonblight (again, reused loading screen assets…), they were met with resistance in the form of the Bronzebeard Dwarves! Just as the two get a handle on that situation, though, their base camp comes under attack by none other than those nastiest of nasty beasties of the frozen north… the Green Dragonflight!

… insert beat for cough, here.

Alright, so I had initially written a big thing about how "against lore" it was for the peace-loving Green Dragons of the Emerald Dream, who are rarely seen on the physical plane of Azeroth, to have an entire "base" in Northrend – especially when Dragonblight is known to be well within the Blue Dragonflight's sphere-of-influence. However. Upon further research, I learned of a little location called the Emerald Dragonshrine… which is directly west of the Forgotten Shore. (New Hearthglen would be between the two, in the future.) And, upon even-further research, it would appear that this particular branch of the Green Dragonflight is openly hostile toward anyone not directly associated with them – ie, everyone but themselves, thanks to a miscommunication between Nishera the Garden Keeper and a Nightmare-addled Ysera. Buuut… upon further-further research… the only (conscious) dragon stationed at the Emerald Dragonshrine is Nishera, herself. Otherwise? It's full of owls. Really nasty owls. So, yeah. No dragons. Not even drakes.

I'd also like to point out that, at the beginning of the mission, Bloody makes this gem-of-a-statement: "There's no telling what's waiting for us in the dead land." Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but ten years before the Third War, Ner'zhul was fighting the War of the Spider against the nerubian empire and won! This… after he had already taken majority control over Northrend and its inhabitants, which is why the Undead Scourge has nerubian Crypt Fiends to work with, in the first place. So, Bloody… what waits for you in the "dead land" of Northrend is more-than-likely allied zombies and other such minions of the Lich King! Geez…!

Okay, so. Bloody's forces wipe out the dwarven expedition and move ahead… only to be stopped by more of Muradin's forces. Anyway, Bloody's forces move in. The dwarves seem to be playing things defensively, but the threat of the green dragons continues to hang over his undead head, bolstered by Nishera, herself, in Night Elf form. She, uh, also has some Dryads and Druids at her disposal, for some reason? And actually, there were a couple of Night Elf settlements scattered around with one, in particular, blocking the waygate to Frostmourne Cavern the location of the artifact. Now, I'm not saying that it's impossible for there to have been Night Elf settlements in Northrend before or during the time of the Third War… but, I'm kind of leaning toward it being unlikely? There's no reason for Night Elves to be up there in any great number. Then again, green dragons shouldn't be up there, either. However, after I thought about it for a good, long while, I actually did come up with a theory as to why the dragons, dryads, and druids are up there. Or rather, how they got up there.

The Emerald Dreamway. Hear me out.

In World of Warcraft: Legion, Druids of the Cenarion Circle can enter The Emerald Dream through giant waygates found all across Azeroth. Yes, there's even one in Northrend – specifically, at in the Grizzly Hills. Now, at the time of this game and campaign, Ysera is asleep in The Emerald Dream – likely being tormented by The Emerald Nightmare, in fact. It could be possible that somehow, someway, possibly through Ysera's dream-sleep, the druids made some sort of artificial portal that links from The Emerald Dream to the Emerald Dragonshrine, thus giving Nishera a near-infinite supply of druids, dryad, and if they could swing it, green dragons.
Now, this would actually be a pretty sound theory… were it not for the fact I mentioned, earlier: green dragons are peaceful-by-nature. That, and the whole "attack anything that isn't part of the Emerald Dragonflight" thing I also mentioned. And, honestly? I… think I might have put more thought into this than Sagi5533 did. So… yeah. Bad writing leading to significant inconsistencies with established lore. Again. But, hey. I tried to salvage it, Sagi! I really did!

Anyway, the next day at Arthas' Bloody's base camp– oh, for the love of… Yes, really. The next mission is a modification of yet another Reign of Chaos mission! This time? Human Mission 08: Frostmourne. But… but! But, unlike the last two modifications… this one is actually significant!

Just like with Human Mission 08, the player's attention is split between defending the base and guiding Bloody to the artifact which… if the title of the mission didn't clue you in… is Frostmourne. But, unlike Arthas' journey, there are Dwarven Expedition units sprinkled in between Bloody at the artifact. They're easily dispatched, but once Bloody reaches the cursed runeblade, he's confronted by Muradin Bronzebeard, himself! Then, after a violent battle… he (maybe-)dies to a chunk of ice ripping through his spleen, just like in the main timeline, and Bloody claims Frostmourne, transforming into… something that actually looks pretty awesome, if I'm being honest? I mean, he's still just a flaming skull-head, but… his armor turns pitch-black and his flames go searing-white. He also gains some brand new (overpowered) abilities.

So, you might have noticed I didn't mention Uther, yet. Where did Uther go? Apparently, he just randomly wandered off, leaving the base to fend for itself. Where did he wander to, though? Turns out, he was following Bloody the whole time and, under the gentle influence of the Lich King, decided it would be a good idea to attack the other fallen paladin. It, uh… it doesn't go well for him.
With the traitor out of his way, Bloody brings down the full force of his new powers down on the Green Dragonflight and Dwarven Expedition, then decides to head back to Lordaeron to secure victory – but not before raising Uther as his personal zombie. Uther vanishes, after this point, but I suppose he'll be back, later on?

While that's happening, Arthas and a party of knights have arrived in Lordaeron, desperately searching for Uther and King Terenas. Eventually, one of the knights finds the defiled corpse of the former king and… then the game tries to play a cinematic from World of Warcraft. Badly. No, seriously. From what I can gather, Sagi5533 recorded audio from the opening cinematic of Wrath of the Lich King and remake the dream sequence in Warcraft III. It looks fine and makes sense in the context it's given, but… the audio sounds like it was recorded using a two-dollar microphone, then edited in Microsoft Sound Recorder. Also, there's some rock 'n roll song playing in the background. It's weird and I badly-done.
Meanwhile, Mal'Ganis mounts an attack on Stromgarde after infecting them with tainted grain. Like Stratholme. Again. Yay? I think this mission is supposed to be one of those "build up and have fun" missions. Very low-intensity and a nice break from the last three missions that overwhelm the player with air raids. So, that's perfectly fine. I just don't have much to say about it since the story just seems like more "Mal'Ganis is a sneaky jerk" stuff. He goes in, fights the Syndicate… knights (what), clears out the Boulderfist ogres, and prepares to set up shop… until Bolvar Fordragon, Galen Trollbane, and Falstad Wildhammer all come in, literally from out of nowhere, and wreck the joint. It threw me, I have to admit, and I'm sure this would have had more of an impact on me if I knew the significance of this union, but for the most part, it just felt like it was tossed in for the sake of randomness? Or, like, the creator just really likes dumping on Mal'Ganis or really wanted to bring back Stromgarde and "Old" Arathor? I genuinely have no idea…

The final mission is a simple task: kill Mal'Ganis. I say "simple" because I feel like Bloody could probably do it single-handedly, after his power-up… but, I know that's not true. You get a small regiment of troops to escort him, as well as the company of Kel'Thuzad, either way. At least until Kel'Thuzad decides the two of them should split up with one going north and one going south. I'm not sure it makes any difference which way Bloody goes because he ends up fighting Mal'Ganis one-on-one, either way. Even with the power of 100 ghouls pouring into his body, he no match for the wielder of Frostmourne.
You'd think that'd be it, but nope. Mal'Ganis was holding some random lady captive, the whole time. Well… not so much "random" as "specific." Specifically-speaking, he was holding Bloody's mother captive! He, uh… seems nonplused by the whole thing, to be honest, but it does give us a little emotional drama and intrigue with the lady realizing her son has become this flaming, undead beast, I suppose.
It's also worth noting that if you beat that mission on Hard, you get a bonus epilogue/preview of the next campaign. I think… that it's exactly what was missing from the Human Campaign. Humor. The kind of humor that doesn't detract from a good story. Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne both had it. And, thanks to this little unlockable thing? So does Arthas Campaign. It, uh… it does go on for a while, though…

So, alright. What did I think of this particular campaign, as a whole? Well, I genuinely think it was a step up from the Human Campaign in some ways… but a step back, in others.
As I already mentioned, the recycled missions felt lazy and uninspired while the original maps felt empty and devoid of life. However, with one exception, the cutscenes were just as good as they were in the Human Campaign – probably even better! Also. The unlockable thing at the end, as ridiculous as it was, was kind of amusing. Props for that.
As funny as it might sound, considering how much I ragged on the story for that campaign, I think I kind of liked the story for this one? I mean… if you boil it down to its bare essentials, the story is still the same as it was in Reign of Chaos. I guess, maybe… I was just swayed by how cool Bloody looks after his trip to Northrend? I can't explain it very well. I can, however, say one thing for certain…

I'm legitimately glad that I decided to give this whole thing another chance.

The Human Campaign definitely left a bad taste in my mouth with how badly it mismanaged things. There's no doubt about that. However, this campaign seems far more coherent and flowed much more naturally. Aside from that ooone bit during the Northrend missions (and, perhaps, one mission after), I think this also did a much better job using pre-existing lore and character history to its advantage. Like the Human Campaign, this one has the fragrant musk of World of Warcraft lore emanating off it, and then some. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, and I think that some of it was utilized fairly well. It's good to have extensive knowledge, but that leads me to my next thought…

If there's one thing I'd love to see worked on, though, it's fact-checking. Sometimes, a glance at a webpage, or even experiencing a story through one avenue, just isn't enough to get the whole story – something I think I proved when I had to go back and correct myself during the Northrend missions ramble. If you want to write a really compelling work of fan fiction, check, double-check, and check the source material, again, whenever-and-wherever you possibly can. I know Sagi knows that. They proved it by making far less lore "oopsies" in this campaign. But, eehhh… the one mistake that was made was still a pretty big one – and the more I looked into it, the bigger it got! So, yeah. Definitely commit to the research, or have someone else do it for you. That's what the "professionals" do~
Oh, and also? Consider having someone check your dialogue for consistency with how the characters actually talk. Seeing someone like Mal'Ganis speak without formality, or seeing a dwarven guard cry out when "the undeads" come a'knockin' can kind of take the player out of the moment. Ya know?

As always, thank you for your work, Sagi5533. I think you won me over with this one, and I'm genuinely kind of excited to experience the Orc Campaign! Hope that excitement is well-placed, heh heh!

Level 1
hey thanks for this
h have a problem
i am in chapter 5 (forggoten sound) but when i want to open it it does not open
help please

Level 5
I enjoy the campaign. There are a lot of good things implemented in this project.
Good story overall but with a good amount of inconsistencies and rational gaps as well.
One quick example is map 6 when Uther is killed but still
continues to serve. Maybe he will be included in the plot latter but exactly my point, there should be a pre-economy* of the
forth coming events and a build up to the story *(Look for Homer Odyssey).
Anyway, this previous comment doesnt devalue the campaign. Its still a lot of Fun.
Difficulty lvls are better adjusted in comparison with the Human campaign but still need better balancing.
For example the map with the blighted areas. The difficulty and resources are not in cohesion.
I also found a way to overide the triggers in this map. You can build 2 ziggurats and make Necropolis (the Happy build way)
to create food, then you can walk the map easily just killing things with small resistance.
Thats all. I will rate it when i am done.

Level 7
Huge Spoiler Alert
Consider i only play on hard difficulty.
Story:Having the same plans without Arthas is both good and bad idea.
A Dreadlord Betrays REALLY?? unbelievable.
Why should Green dragonflight give a shit about Northernd. bringing them into the story was a mistake.
Why Lichking wanted uther to fight bloody??
Hope to see Nishera later on the story.
Why should uther live just kill him already.
Bloody's mother unexpected.
Scarlet Crusade was a good idea
General:Nice musics.
Use hotkeys.
What's the use of Summon Charger if he can mount without the need of a horse nearby?
It would be good if you gave Kel'tuzad custom spells.
Love Tichondrius's custom spells.
I was never good with caster units without a auto spell so i don't like skeletal sorcerer.but it was a good idea.
I'm losing items every chapter.
I like uther and bloody's spells and models.
Death knight idea was great always wanted them.custom model would be better in my opinion.
Dwarf techtree makes sense,and they're buildings model's are good.I for one know how it's hard to find the model you want for buildings.
Good thing to make Dwarf and Dragons hostile toward each other.
Nice bloody-lich king model.But he attacks like he's still wielding he's 2H Axe.Need new animaitions.
That prince arthas cinematic on chapter seven(finds King Terene's body)was awesome(voice acting most of it)(although he's body seems still fresh i mean there are undead ghouls eating body's,,wolfs and any other meat eating creatures there)
Was that Lord of the rings music at the beginning of chapter seven?(Mal'ganis invasion)
Mal'ganis units techtree is awesome pity that they are playable on only one chapter.
Ogre techtree seems interesting.
Chapter One:I saw a red dragon attacking a orange demolisher.(aren't orcs all allies)
That red dragon is a real pain in the ass.
This chapter is too hard to finish.
That Graveyard was a good idea.
Some hostile units hidden behind the trees nice.ooh a sobi mask good.
Blue orcs Doesn't attack.
Chapter Two:It would be better if this mission was all sneak mission.(My personal opinion)
Terrian is good but still some wasted areas.
If you know where to start turning and where to attack first this chapter is so easy.(there is a village with few guards to the west)
Some crates hidden good.
Dark Conversion is good idea its even better if it was an area spell.
Ogre cave found.
In the west of the lake there are Mal'ganis's starting items.wierd.
There are no Leaders left in the map but the optional mission doesn't finish.
Change/edit the color of the three spells that look exactly the same (Sleep, Soul Preservation and Dark Conversion).
Chapter Three:Really nice skin for footmans really gives a Dalaran feeling.
The Terrain is original,it would be better if you make some changes,add something.
Rifleman's shoot blue helicopter's also got blue effect WOW.How did you do that AWESOME.
Chapter Four:Bloody and uther are really weak.
Undead hostile's?,that doesn't make sense.
Human bandits in Northerend C'mon how is that Possible.
A Hidden Tuskar and dwarf camp i got you.
Sneak ways you made are really useful.
Chapter Five:A bit of wasted areas,not much.
This Chapter is impossible to finish even on easy difficulty.
Chapter Six:They got blue dragons while they are the green dragonflight.(in the cave leading to frostmourne)
What's up with that cheese i found.
Mask of Death+Frostmourne; don't know if they stack or not.
shouldn't the Dragon base start to attack after Bloody gets back with the Frostmourne?
Chapter Seven:A lot of wasted areas.
Fighting overpower ogre's and bandits C'mon i want the real battle with the forces of the stormgrade.
Mal'ganis said it's better not to alert the forces of the stormgrade until we are ready,but what happens if we did.I tell you that NOTHING.
Flesh Golem's soundset is that of the Abomination.
What kind of shield is this that doesn't even give any points to armor?(the one that shop sell's)
I Think this chapter has a lot potential which you WASTED.
Chapter Eight:I like that Mal'ganis comes as a shade or something and goes.
Scarlet Crusade added on this chapter was a good idea.
A lot of Terrian wasted.Terrian is beautiful.
There is a positive buff on bloody but it says,Tool Tip Missing.
Nice,Choosing system,although it doesn't matter which way you choose.
OOH I found the little Timmy,Nice item Really made the boss fight easier.
That scarlet crusade Cannon also got the blue effect when shooting.
Boss fight was Normal even on hard difficulty.
Bonus Chapter:Nice music and voice acting.
Very good encouraging cinematic.
WOW that was Sargeras?(i'm sure he was)
Thank you for your time and effort really love this Campaign,I know how hard Terraining is so i don't blame you for the wasted areas.
9/10 +REP (XP or something,sense hive's new update) :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
this is best campaign i ever seen
but i want to listen music of last map what is the name of background music

Level 11
Chapter four of this campaign is straight up impossible man. The undead-seeking green dragons that fly in every minute are super annoying, and 45 minutes is not enough time to get through 3 heavily defended dwarf bases. The fact that they use cannon towers (which turn any skeleton or ghoul horde into puddles) makes it even worse. Uther and Bloody are also super underpowered. Honestly I'm thinking of just using cheats for this :/

Your first campaign was awesome though, this one hasn't lived up to it so far.

Please help.

Last edited:
Level 9
So, I've recently been doing a playthrough of every campaign on hard, but with the twist of not being able to go above no upkeep, or 20/25 supply, if it was one of those missions where you can't build stuff. I've been mostly playing Arkain campaigns recently, but due to their rather... harsh nature, I've decided to play a few lighter campaigns, so here I am on the second campaign of the Arthas Campaign series, which unsurprisingly is right above the first, but right beneath the third one in terms of overall quality.

Just like in the first campaign, the story and music were both pretty alright:
  • The idea of a campaign where Arthas doesn't become evil is something that the Warcraft fans were always interested to see, and it's undoubtedly the reason why the human campaign ended up getting higher download numbers than a lot of other campaigns. But the fact that a campaign from 2016 got comparable numbers to some older projects is nothing short of a miracle, and it really goes to show just how interested our little community was in this idea.
  • As a sequel, I think this one works pretty well. There are a bit less opportunities for unique ideas compared to the human and orc campaigns, mainly because a lot of the undead related events from Reign of Chaos got kept in the story, with only a few minor changes. The main thing that changed is the cast of characters, as we no longer have Arthas, but we instead have Bloody, Uther and Mal'Ganis. And I feel like the creator did a decent job at utilizing those characters to make the story somewhat interesting.
  • As for the music, I liked a lot of the chosen tracks. Some chapters used the original undead theme, but others like CH8 had completely new ones that better fit the story and the general atmosphere of the mission. And I always like it when mapmakers do that.
  • But for some reason, certain chapters (like CH7) are bugged, and the music sometimes just completely turns off when you load the map through a save. In a few others, the music sometimes stops and only starts up after the player reloads, and in some cases, the sound quality felt a little off (but maybe that was just me). This was a problem in the human campaign too, and it's a bit annoying that it wasn't addressed here either.

The gameplay was neat. It was really fun, but it also had a few problems:
  • This one still suffers from a lot of the problems that the human one had, so I'll put some of them down here. Though I do have to note that the campaign has actually managed to partially fix these issues, as the difficulty spread doesn't feel as bad, and I can now actually tell what kind of player the creator was making this for, whereas with the previous one, I had absolutely no idea. It's also generally harder than the human campaign, which makes perfect sense, due to it being a sequel. So just remember that despite my criticisms, improvements have most certainly been made here.
  • The biggest downside here is that it's not very well balanced. I was playing it on hard, and most of it felt pretty easy and relaxing, but sometimes, there are moments where things simply become excessive.
  • I don't really know if this campaign was intended to appeal towards the hardcore fans that are looking for a challenge, or towards the casual players that just want to relax and enjoy the story. But right now, it kind of feels like the campaign is trying to go for both by having it filled with very easy and very hard moments that are randomly spread out. This is obviously not a good way to design a campaign, and the difficulty selection exists specifically to avoid this.
  • The difficulty of the chapters is also completely random, instead of being completely static or slow build-up as the player progresses. You can easily have a chapter that has a 7/10 difficulty, only to get a 2/10 on the next one.
  • One thing that I praised the human campaign for is the creativity of the map designs/ideas, which weirdly enough, is not as prevalent here. Don't get me wrong, the maps still all have a very unique vision behind them, and no chapter really felt like filler, or a slightly modified version of a different one. It just generally doesn't go as wild as the previous campaign.
  • And that is partially because the campaign has to cover quite a bit of RoC material. For the human campaign, it was enough to see what happens in The Culling map, but this one has to address the Blackrock orcs near the demon gates, the summoning of Archimonde, and Frostmourne. A lot of people might say that this is just the creator being lazy, but this is kind of a necessary evil, as these are very important parts of the story that simply can't be ignored. I think we should just be glad that the whole Quel'thalas invasion was covered in the previous campaign, so we didn't need The Fall of Silvermoon too.
  • There's also the zombie tech tree, which to me felt a bit less interesting than the high elven one, but still really good overall. I think the main idea of this race is that you take the undead, a race built around using a lot of weird tricks to gain the upper hand, and you turn them into a race focused a bit more around brute force, while also giving them a way higher emphasis on gaining additional warriors from the dead. And the execution on this idea works perfectly, as this race is one of the tankiest ones I've ever seen, and they've got many different abilities that lets you summon things from corpses or dying enemy units, which allows you to snowball your army quite well, to live out that powerful zombie apocalypse fantasy. I think the only area in which the race is lacking would be the new abilities, but they've still got enough to make them feel very refreshing to play as.
  • And unlike the human campaign, this one actually adds some new units to the main techtree too! The two new units are the death knight and the skeletal sorcerer, both of which are somewhat overpowered, but they're fun to use, and they boost up the offensive abilities of the undead quite well, which is awesome.

The previous campaign had a rather strange approach to heroes, which was a bit toned down here:
  • The most notable thing about the heroes of the human campaign is that they all start off well equipped with items and on a high level, and they're just insanely powerful in general. While this is definitely a fun concept, it brings forth a lot of issues that I've mentioned while I was reviewing that campaign.
  • Thankfully, the undead campaign doesn't exactly get rid of this kind of hero design entirely, but the overall power that the heroes offer still got a significant reduction, even going so far as to giving the player mostly unequipped level 1 heroes on one map. I really like this, because now, a lot of my complaints (balance issues, units being unimportant and exploration being unrewarding) are all addressed to an extent, while still keeping the fun power fantasy of single-handedly crushing everything with Bloody or Tichondrius.
  • Speaking of which, Tichondrius isn't balanced in the slightest, and I absolutely love it. You know why? Because unlike a lot of other OP heroes in the Arthas Campaign series, he's not someone who is powerful because of an item that gives excessive stats and allows him to A-click through everything, but he's instead powerful due to his active spells. This means that he offers much more interaction than Broxigar or Arthas, and is just generally more fun to use. (It also makes perfect sense lore-wise, and as someone who really wanted to use him in Path of the Damned, I thoroughly enjoyed it)
  • Mal'Ganis was changed, but in a pretty clever way. You see, the creator doesn't like to change default heroes from their original iterations, but Mal'ganis only had Carrion Swarm, Sleep, and the zombie related spells, which is not enough for a hero. So how do you fix this? Well, you just add a spellbook item to make his kit feel complete! And I really like the general spell choices here, as they didn't fix any of his original weaknesses (other than the lack of escapes, but I think that was the only one), but it instead amplified his strengths and made him even better at what's he's supposed to be, which is the perfect way to do this.
  • I'm going to be honest, from the B-U duo, Bloody was the boring one. He's pretty much just a stat stick that runs up and hits people. That's it. Though I do have to admit that Demonic Stabs is an awesome ability, and his playstyle would probably be more fun if his stats wouldn't be so low when the player gets him, since he's very reliant on them.
  • Frostmourne Bloody, on the other hand, was a treat. His playstyle still remained very simple, but he now has two very powerful and unique custom abilities to help him wreck stuff. Again, despite the custom spells, his gameplay wasn't the most interesting one out there, but his new kit definitely lives up to his power fantasy.
  • Uther is... weird. On one hand, I absolutely adore his concept, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. My first problem is that his horse mechanic just feels underwhelming, as the choice between a weak melee unit with 100 health and a small movement speed boost on a hero is not impactful enough to justify it being added, and it should be changed to work like the mount mechanics of The Scourge Of Lordaeron-Enhanced. Next, his spellbook has two very major bugs: one being that auto casting Raise Dead doesn't do anything, and two is that reloading a save completely resets the cooldown of Animate Dead (I have absolutely no idea how that one even got through testing). And finally, it's a bit of a slap in the face for us show that he has a neat custom ult, and then not let us use it instead of Bloody's Inferno (thankfully, the orc campaign fixed this, but it's still a bit annoying).
  • And lastly, we have Kel'thuzad, who of course wasn't changed at all, which makes a lot of sense. He's also a very minor character that you won't really use a lot, which is nice, because it means that he won't steal the spotlight from the new guys that the campaign wants you to try and enjoy.

Here are some other things that I'll need to mention before heading to the chapters:
  • The difficulty selection at the start of every chapter. A lot of mapmakers use this, mainly because Blizzard's custom campaign difficulty selection works in a very dumb and annoying way, and this is just simply more consistent and user friendly. I also like that easy difficulty is actually an option.
  • The dialogue timers in the human campaign were an absolute mess, so I was really glad to find out that they're mostly fixed here. That's pretty darn good :thumbs_up:
  • The terrain quality got a tad better and more consistent, compared to what we see in the human campaign. It's not a big improvement, and I feel like some areas and maps could have been somewhat better, though the layouts of the maps still do their jobs relatively well, so I don't really have complaints here.
  • Arthas Campaign - Humans was absolutely infested with bugs, and while the undead campaign wasn't as bad, I'd still hope that the creator eventually gets a bit of bug spray for this campaign too.
  • In the page of this campaign, you didn't mention your worries about Grammar Nazis, soooo.... does that mean that I should bring up all the mistakes from descriptions and character dialogues? :grin: Okay, that would probably take a very long time, so I won't do it now, but if you really wants it, I could sit down and write up a list about everything I'd notice.

And now, I'll be going over my thoughts regarding the chapters:

CHAPTER 1 - Just like the human campaign, this one also starts off with a modified version of a vanilla map. While it is true that the map didn't get a huge overhaul, like The Culling (which was renamed to something like 'The Vision', I think) did, but to make up for that, the creator gave the player a bunch of new tools to play around with. The most significant one was the orc graveyard, which can produce two special units that are exclusive to this mission, and they're very valuable units that change things quite a bit, despite them not having a single active ability. I do wish that orc skeleton creating mechanic actually involved the idea of using their corpses to raise them in some way (Maybe carrying their corpses to the orc graveyard with meat wagons and dropping them there could raise them?), rather than just normally training them from a random building, but I guess this is still better than nothing. As for issues, we have the following: Red dragons are immune to magic, despite them not being immune in the original version of this map (this might be intentional, but I assume that it was just the creator being forgetful), Kel'thuzad apparently has the ability to pick an Attribute Bonus passive, similar to the one from Founding of Durotar, and the enemy hero levels seem a bit inconsistent, as one team just didn't have its hero bumped up to 10.
1662689140351.png

1662689212176.png

CHAPTER 2 - This is honestly is a really awesome and fun concept for a map, but I feel like it has two flaws that hold it back a bit. The first is that it feels kind of oversized, which shouldn't be a problem in theory, but the issue is that the map is very non linear, while also allowing the player to go from having just one hero, to controlling a giant army. The map makes the mistake of balancing most encounters around you having a small/medium force, so if you just sit back and collect a bunch of zombies and friends, then you can effortlessly A-click through the entire thing, which eventually gets tedious due to its size. Another problem is that the number of potential zombies is very absurd, and you can pretty much finish the main quest by exploring one fourth or one fifth of the entire map. Yeah, I get that the creator wanted to make sure that players won't have to worry about loosing too many zombies to finish the map, but giving us about 500 villagers (the exact number is 513, according to the endgame screen) is quite an overkill. This map also has an extremely gamebreaking bug that causes all of Mal'Ganis' starting items to appear on a specific spot, all of which you can pick up. And fun fact - the abilities of two separate Demonic Runes don't share cooldowns, so this bug allows you to use Doom twice in quick succession (I obviously didn't abuse this, cus I'm not looking to cheat, but I'm still shocked that it's actually in the campaign to this day).
1662690283026.png

There's also a really weird interaction with the hostile zombies. If you cast Dark Conversion on a villager that is close to a hostile zombie, then the ability will actually spread to the zombie too, which allows you to turn it to you side. But, if you force the zombie to walk during the transformation time (say, by running away as it's hitting you), then the ability won't be finished, and the zombie now has a permanent invulnerability, along with a weird green bubble, which sucks, because it can still hit you (like in the following screenshot), but you can't remove it anymore.
1662690917731.png

There's also this weird thing, where you can actually buy ships from the invulnerable enemy shipyard, but there's no way to gain access to lumber, so that's completely useless. And when I used a banshee to possess a gnoll overseer, I managed to get a Rune of Rebirth that simply gave me another overseer, so I effectively got 2 for the price of 1 (this last one is probably a Blizzard thing, but I still found it a very funny interaction, so I'm writing it down anyway).

CHAPTER 3 - Out of all the original maps, this probably got the least amount of changes, as the only difference here is that the player's hero is Tichondrius instead of Arthas, and that there's more units to train. I'd say that this is a wasted opportunity, as there definitely was room to implement something new, and even just the orc graveyard mechanic with the guards of Dalaran would have been nice. Another thing is that Antonidas should probably be added as an enemy hero that does unique tricks or events or spells to make the map a bit harder. He isn't present in the original map, because we've seen Arthas kill him, but here, the events of Siege of Dalaran didn't happen, so the guy is still alive to lead the defense (but he'll still die to Archimonde once the mission is over, of course). One good thing that I can say is that this is one of the few Arthas Campaign maps where I couldn't find a single bug or a serious issue, which is lovely. (And just to make it clear, it's isn't the only one. I know that based on what I've said, you'd come to the conclusion that the creator needs to copy a map to make it work properly, which is completely untrue.)

CHAPTER 4 - Well, what can I say, timed macro missions are just the absolute worst. Now, I do feel quite bad about saying this, because I try to be as constructive as possible during my reviews, and me going "this map has a time limit, therefore it's bad" just simply doesn't feel right. But the main problem that I have with time limits in Warcraft 3, is that you, as a player, can never really tell when you've dug your own grave by taking too long, which can result in a tremendous waste of time as you keep reloading a run that is doomed to fail, until you eventually swallow the hard truth and just restart the whole thing. I don't think it's perfectly fair to criticize the creator for this, but putting in such an unforgiving map into a campaign series that prides itself on being forgiving is just... off. On the other hand, the overall quality of the map is actually pretty darn good, with my only big issue being that the main quest requiring towers and farms is a huge middle finger from the creator that probably caused a defeat for a bunch of people (if you fell for this and forgot to save, then you have my deepest condolences). In terms of minor things, I felt weird about my techtree somehow getting weaker/less advanced than it was on the previous map, and skeletal sorcerers just don't seem to work properly this mission (their numbers are wrong, their rank isn't visible when you select them, and master training isn't available, despite Rain of Fire showing up in their toolbar). Seeing the king from the first chapter of Dwarf Campaign was pretty nice, though.
1662775883984.png

CHAPTER 5 - If CH6 was the generic one in the human campaign, then this is the generic one in the undead campaign. That obviously isn't a problem, though, because generic maps certainly have important roles in campaigns, especially in ones that have lots of weird and unique levels, and in scenarios where you have to put in something to bridge the gap between two important maps (which is what's happening here). The map is generally pretty forgettable, but it does have a few strong points, with the main one being how we got to see our two enemies - the green dragonflight and the dwarves - fighting each other as well, as it always makes the strategizing aspect of the game more interesting when you have multiple hostile teams that are also hostile towards each other. The blight sidequest is a pretty unique idea, but I feel like there should be a reward for it, as currently, it feels kind of pointless. (Unless the air units are the reward, which might be the case since I got them right after the quest was done. It could have just been a coincidence, though.) This map also offers us a good amount of bugs and weird trivia. First of all, two of Uther's spell points get refunded at the start. For some reason, the green dragonflight sends replacement units to many of the blight areas if you clear the guardians present there. Attacking a dwarven production structure with a frost wyrm that has freezing breath does not freeze the progression of the unit that is being trained, and it can easily just come out of the building while it's frozen. Possessing wisps gives you full access to the night elf tech tree, and allows you to summon their 4 vanilla heroes. And lastly, the Dwarf Campaign guy has somehow returned.
1662777258889.png
1662777290790.png

CHAPTER 6 - This is the last modified original map in this campaign, and the one that got the most changes. While it doesn't really make sense that Muradin and the dwarves got into the Frostmourne area (The way gate was guarded by a big night elf base, remember?), I'm honestly willing to look past that, since their presence makes things bit refreshing. I also don't really have any complaints about the boss fights, as they were challenging enough, and I didn't notice any bugs in them. The map after equipping Frostmourne seemed a bit easier than the original version, but that makes perfect sense, considering that Bloody got a bigger bonus than Arthas, and that the enemy AI is just weaker in general. Speaking of which, I feel like the AI should probably get a bit of a rebalance, as it's a bit weird to see them launch a huge attack at the start, only for them to send nothing but very non threatening attacks afterwards (basically, nerf the first attack, and buff everything else). Overall, the map itself was still solid, and I've only encountered two cosmetic bugs: one being Bloody's "Undead Horse" buff, and the other being some funky weirdness with the numbers and icons at the end screen. (I can absolutely guarantee you that I did not produce over 1300 units. If I didn't get that number in Siege of Kome, then I'm definitely not getting it here.
And please ignore the 100 supply, the game gives me a huge army at the start, and I immediately killed enough units to get to 50.)
1662858600420.png
1662858721306.png
1662858733509.png

CHAPTER 7 - Soooo here we are, the special techtree mission. The mechanics, the layout and the design generally weren't that amazing here, but considering what was presented as the special techtree level in the previous campaign, I was still really happy with it, as the map actually gives you opportunities to use and have fun with all of your new tools, which should be the main point here. My main issues with the design of this map is how it needlessly wastes a lot of space, and how the enemy AI is very wonky and awful to deal with. Instead of using their production structures and sending their units to fight like how a Warcraft 3 AI normally would, the bandits periodically spawn giant armies out of nowhere in front of their main town hall, the majority of which just sits there until something kills them, which better happen quickly, else you'll eventually have an enormous horde of enemies that you'll need to deal with. (The ogres also only spawn units from their main tower, I think. But they don't leave units camping there, so they weren't as problematic.) There's also the issue that since both of the enemies occupy each other, the player itself will never be under pressure, which makes things a bit anticlimactic, as the map won't be about the question "How will I win this?" but instead about the question "When will I win this?", because victory is simply inevitable here. Though I have to say, those the new trees look awesome!:smile:
Since I've already rambled a lot about this map, I'll try not to be too wordy with the bugs/issues (since there's a too many, I won't be providing screenshots, but I still have them, if you need 'em, Sagi): The Corrupted Shield item from the shop has an incorrect description. The sidequest is completed even without building a town hall near the mine, and it doesn't actually give anything. The Unholy Armor upgrade lists units from the undead and not from the zombie faction. The item duplication bug from CH2 has happened again. The Marksmanship upgrade does literally nothing. It's highly likely that not every unit is affected by the upgrade that should give movement and attack speed to every unit. And ogres apparently have blue skinned troll headhunters.

CHAPTER 8 - And so we get to the final map, which is... a micro mission? That's actually quite surprising, considering that Malfurion's Quest is the only campaign that has a normal Warcraft 3 gameplay style, and ends with a micro map. But final missions are always the ones that creators get really creative with, and I think it's nice that this campaign also gives a finale that is different than the ones that other campaigns have. Granted, the reason why micro maps are generally avoided for finales, is because they feel way smaller in scope, compared to other kinds of maps, and your last map should always be the most important one... except here. It's pretty weird to think about, but considering what happened at the end of CH7, it makes perfect sense that Mal'ganis and his army is portrayed much more as a nuisance than a threat, and I've realized that this map isn't really intended to be a climax - it's intended to be a victory lap, where Bloody and the scourge have already achieved their goals, and they're simply securing their position. So I'd say that overall, the map is actually good (especially with the music... god, that was an awesome creepy track), and it only needs a buff on Mal'ganis to make him actually challenging, and a few bugfixes, as usual. Speaking of which, we have the following: Kel'thuzad's spell icons are on the wrong positions.
1662940613736.png

At the start, one of Bloody's items gets dropped, and another one gets erased from existence. Bloodbath just straight up doesn't seem to work. The shipyard bug from CH2 is back. And apparently, Mal'ganis has both demons and a lich, but not the units that he actually had access to in CH7.

So, that was my review of Arthas Campaign - Undead. Overall, this is definitely a solid 7 or maybe 8/10 campaign that is pretty fun, and does a lot of things well, but just needs to be a bit more polished in order to become a masterpiece. However, it should be noted that the campaign is still a very noticeable upgrade from the human one, and it was pretty nice to see all the ways the creator has improved during the making of this campaign. I'd really recommend the campaign to anyone who liked the original Arthas Campaign, because if you did, then I'm sure you'll like this even more (unless you dislike challenging gameplay, in which case, press 'easy' on CH4). It still has the charm of the original, but it's less boring, and generally better balanced, so if you're struggling to find a campaign to play, this one will be a decent choice.

I don't exactly imagine that any of the bugs that I've reported will be fixed anytime soon, considering that Sagi is probably busy with his future campaigns, and might not even have much free time to begin with. But I'll happily spend my time on writing everything up so that he immediately knows what to address if he puts his mind to it. These campaigns have huge potentials, and I really want to see them reach it.
Let's pray for an eventual update on this one too, and until then, I wish you all a good day and night! :smile:

Last edited:
Level 1
Having all of the rich Warcraft lore, all great lore characters and possibilities, creator of this mod set his own custom character as a main hero/villain of this campaign...and named him "BLOODY".

Sorry, but as Warcraft lore fan I can't take this campaign seriously after this.

From a nice "what if" plot it became a cheap fanfiction filled with creator's megalomania to be the main character in the story.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Having all of the rich Warcraft lore, all great lore characters and possibilities, creator of this mod set his own custom character as a main hero/villain of this campaign...and named him "BLOODY".

Sorry, but as Warcraft lore fan I can't take this campaign seriously after this.
Please refrain from rating resources solely on your subjective preferences.
If you have any meaningful feedback, do write it, otherwise please just vent your frustrations without rating.

Level 4

From a nice "what if" plot it became a cheap fanfiction filled with creator's megalomania to be the main character in the story.

While I do agree that "Bloody" is a lousy character name, that's like the only major flaw I've seen in this entire campaign - aside from certain levels having seemingly endless huge hordes of enemies to get through and requiring me to briefly use the invincibility code to do so, and certain boss enemies constantly spamming mirror image again and again and again.

Other than that, my only problem with it is that the creator hasn't been able to continue the story as he intended to; which I know isn't his fault, but I really wish I could know how the rest of it would've gone down.

Level 5
Will there be a continuation of this game company's journey, will the process continue to work or not of Arthas Campaign - Curse of the Worgen ?
Because we have been waiting impatiently for it for a long time

Level 13
And here, with the exception of one mission, all others do not feel like Hard on hard difficulty. However, this does not spoil the enjoyment of the game. There is a lot of room for improvement. There are also many ideas for future campaigns if someone has the desire and opportunity to do them.
Mal'Ganis' image is once again getting an undeserved bit of attention. Actually, I'm very sorry that on the Hive there is only 1 campaign in which he participated from the beginning to the end and another 2 or 3 campaigns for 1-2 missions each. I would be very happy if this changes in the future.

The game definitely has minor flaws but it runs fine on 1.27 so.....who cares about minor issues? Thanks again sagi5533.