• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Array size bug?

Level 1
Got a few variables that I don't appear to be able to update the array size of anymore via trigger editor. I am able to make changes via the variable widow, which is tedious. This is also affecting newly created maps.

Wondering if this is a problem with a known solution or at least a reset option.

EDIT: it appears that the array will update size IF the data type is intermediately changed before selecting away from the variable. Changing the data type then the array size does not update the array size.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Got a few variables that I don't appear to be able to update the array size of anymore via trigger editor. I am able to make changes via the variable widow, which is tedious. This is also affecting newly created maps.

Wondering if this is a problem with a known solution or at least a reset option.

EDIT: it appears that the array will update size IF the data type is intermediately changed before selecting away from the variable. Changing the data type then the array size does not update the array size.
You need to change the Initial Size of your Arrays inside of the Variable Editor - otherwise the change won't stick.

Also, remember that the only variable types that actually NEED to have their Initial Sizes set are Unit Groups, Player Groups, and Timers.

The rest of the variable types can be left at their default size since they will dynamically change as the Index grows.