• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arilen's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Title.png

What is Arilen's Tale?
Arilen's Tale is my newest cinematic. It takes place in the kingdom Braviel. Braviel, during the time of the cinematic is in a civil war, between the Mages and Wizards who control Braviel with a group of Necromancers that worship a Demon.

Story
The Main Character in the cinematic is the leader of a group from a small village, called Arilen, that searchs ancient ruins for Gold and Jewls. When him and his group are searching a Ruin, they find a very powerful Orb. Thinking that it will be worth a lot of Gold, they take it. However what they do not relize, is that there is a secret Cult, who worship a demon who was banished long ago, needs the Orb to summon their master to the world again.

Characters
ArilenPicture.gif
Arilen
Arilen is the leader of the group of adventuerers who happen to stumble upon the Orb, that the Necromancers need to open a portal for the Demon to come through. He is a skilled warrier and leader, and makes a living by going out with some other men from the village and hunt for Gold and Jewls that are in the Ancient Ruins scattered accross the coast.

Arilan carries a Magical Sword, called Steelwind, which he found in one of the first ruins he ever went into to search for treasure.

Arilen comes from a small village along the coast called Kimana Village. Him and his treasure hunters rest there when they are not out looking for treasure. He also protects the village whenever it is attacked by Bandits or creatures.
ArilensMagePicture.gif
Amaroth
Amaroth is the only Wizard in Kimana Village. He goes with Arilen on his treasure hunts incase they come accross any Magical Barriers, and incase one of them gets wounded.

Amaroth's main job in the Village is healing, but he also knows some powerful spells, that are useful for fighting off invaders.

Although Amaroth's does a lot of healing and destruction spells, the thing he has always been good at is destroying Magical Barriers, which is especialy useful when Arilen and his treasure hunters are raiding an old ruin, and part of it is protected by a magical barrier.

NoPicture.gif
Galwich
Galwich was once a powerful Wizard, but his mind has for long been effected by Nulonarak, and he has turned to Necromancy. Galwich is the leader of the Cult that worships Nulonarak, and wants to free him from his prision.

Galwich is thought to be at the Cults secret shrine, but no one has any idea that shrine could be. He has become extremly powerful, mostly from the power given to him from Nulonarak, and is capable of summoning some of the most powerful Demonic Creatures.

The Necromancer is currently at war with the Wizards who control Braviel, but has had no success attacking their capatil.

ArchMagePicture.gif
Orayil
Orayil is the Archmage, and leader of the council that rules over Braviel. Orayil is espetialy famous for his Alchemy, and he has made a number of potions, some creating a shield around you, some making you invisible and some even extending your life. He is also known for some of the destructive spells he has made. Although he only teachs them to a few people, who he is friends with, they are extremly powerful spells.

The Wizard has spent most of his life studying Magic, and because of that he has become an expert at it.

He has become almost 100% commited through the past few years to hunting down Galwich. He believes that the kingdom will never really be safe unless Galwich is dead.

[r]
NulonarakPicture.gif
[c]Nulonarak
Nulonarak is a Demon, that has great power. Thousands of years ago, when the Ancient Elves ruled the world they trapped him in a prision, so that he could no longer threaten the world.

Although the prision drains most of his power, he was able to effect the mind of a Wizard, making him believe there was nothing else more important then releasing Nulonarak from his prision. He then created a Cult, that worshiped the Demon, and would stop at nothing to release him.

Nukonarak gave most of his power to the Cult, so that they can summon Denomic creatures, and that gives them more power then most normel wizards could ever dream off. Nukonarak now waits in his Prision, for the time that the Cult will release him and he will walk the earth again.

Locations

KimanaVillage.jpg
Kimana Village
Kimana Village is the village that Arilen and Amaroth live in. The Village is built along the coast, so they can reach a number of the ruins around the village in no more then a couple of hours.

The Village, because of its weak defenses and the Gold and Jewls that are brought back from the Ruins Kimana is a common target for Bandits and Thieves.

However the Wizard who lives in the city, Amaroth has developed a spell, that while it can not protect the town from attacks, he can create a Magical Barrier protecting their Gold and Jewls from Bandits and Thieves.

IthdomorRuins.jpg
Ithdomor Ruins
The Ithdomor Ruins are were the Orb, that Arilen found is being kept hidden. The Ancient Elves built it as a Fortress to protect the Orb long ago, but now that its wall have worn away and its defenders passed travelers are free to come into the fortress and take whatever they find.

The Ruin is also rumoured to be the Prision of Nulonarak, this is because wizards who have traveled there have said that they sense great power coming from deep beneath the earth, but this has never been proven, because the deeper parts of the fortress has been protected by an invincible magical barrier.

The ruin has almost been completly cleared of treasure, but being one of the richest fortresses in its age, many adventuers still travel there hoping to find a porition of those richs.

Progress

The Terrain has been done for the first few scenes of the Cinematic, and some of the Cameras have been done for the first few scenes as well. All that needs to be done is finish of the last few scenes and the triggers before I release the first part of the cinematic.

Screenshots
View attachment 4628View attachment 4629View attachment 4630
The outside of the Ithdomor
Ruins.
Arilen's Camp on the island
where Ithdomor is.
The road into Kimana Village.

View attachment 4631
View attachment 4701View attachment 4877
A Family around a fire in Kimana,
while a Scout watchs the ocean
for an attack.
The Docks at the front of
Kimana Village, with the ship that
Arilen travels on docked there.
The way into the main chamber,
which is protected by a Magical
Barrier.
View attachment 4878View attachment 4879View attachment 4880
The inside of the main chamber,
where an Artifact is hidden.
A Hallway leading deeper into the
Ruin.
The Alter in the temple in the Ruin.
View attachment 4881
The Temple, and the door leading
deeper into the main part of the
temple has been blocked by rubble.

Last edited:
Level 2
This looks really nice! Can't wait to see it. The terrain looks great, and the story seems good. :D

Level 24
How do you make the tables? lol

I can help you in editing the voices I have Adobe Audition 2.0. Just when you finish working if you need help just ask me. If im not busy on my campaign =P.

This is the code I used to make the tables.

This is the new Table vB code. Basicly you start of with [table]make a [c] to make a new column, and a [r] to make a new row. However make sure you don't use the [c] tag after the [r] or [table] code, because they will automatically create a column. Then just finish off the table with the [/table] tag.

Example:

Code:
[table]1,1[c]1,2[c]1,3[r]
2,1[c]2,2[c]2,3[r]
3,1[c]3,2[c]3,3[/table]

And thanks, i'll have a talk to you once i'm ready for voice acting.

w00t bob nice terrain :) u got relase date?

Thanks :) And no, I don't have a release date yet, but I will post here as soon as I have one.

You sure know how to present your map ;)

Im waiting ..

Level 7
Nice!! When it's finished??

One stupid question:
You say you make an cinematic is it only cinematic without any we can do?? How long we will watch it??

Level 7
That's what I mean.. Too short will make no fun, but too long also make you depress.. How the duration will make problem

Level 24
Well i'm going to have it in several parts, so you won't have to sit down and watch the entire cinematic in one go.

I'm not sure exactly how long the first bit will be, but I will try and make sure it goes for a decent ammount of time, but dosn't drag out.

Ok i'll be releaseing screenshots of the last terrain i've had to make for the first part soon, inside the Ruins. I just have to finisih of the lighting for it.

@Bob27: These are nice, here is a review:
Story:
The story is nice, it seems a little original from the usual "finds an unknown artifact" plot, but from the small twist it makes it better.
Story Rating: 4/5

Characters:
The characters look real nice and I like the units you chose for it.
Character Rating: 5/5

Terrain:
The terrain seems nice, cool use of some of Nasrudin's models! lol... Also the other ones as well, I wish I knew where those were. ^^ The terrain in the sandy pic looks a little overcrowded with rubble and ruins, but the rest looks nice, but I don't think there is that much variation in that pic, yet, that is only one pic, so it is good. The terrain looks outstanding so far:
Terrain Rating: 4.5/5

Overall Preview Score:
4.5/5

This is once again, a great cinematic to come IMO. I'm not sure, but this might be better than CotD, or possibly even CotN, maybe, just maybe... :emote_grin:
If you finish this, it might become a legendary cinematic like those series. I hope to see progress soon, maybe you could even whip up a trailer or something. Anywayz, good job!

btw: Samuraipanda is good at voice-acting, you could contact him. :emote_grin:

Last edited:
Level 7
serious bob, looking at this arilen map that you do make me want to crush and stomp my own map...

Just finish it faster and let me play it before I can't control myself and crush my map...

Level 24
oooohhhh, this looks sweet already, keep up the good work:emote_laugh:

@Bob27: These are nice, here is a review:
Story:
The story is nice, it seems a little original from the usual "finds an unknown artifact" plot, but from the small twist it makes it better.
Story Rating: 4/5

Characters:
The characters look real nice and I like the units you chose for it.
Character Rating: 5/5

Terrain:
The terrain seems nice, cool use of some of Nasrudin's models! lol... Also the other ones as well, I wish I knew where those were. ^^ The terrain in the sandy pic looks a little overcrowded with rubble and ruins, but the rest looks nice, but I don't think there is that much variation in that pic, yet, that is only one pic, so it is good. The terrain looks outstanding so far:
Terrain Rating: 4.5/5

Overall Preview Score:
4.5/5

This is once again, a great cinematic to come IMO. I'm not sure, but this might be better than CotD, or possibly even CotN, maybe, just maybe... :emote_grin:
If you finish this, it might become a legendary cinematic like those series. I hope to see progress soon, maybe you could even whip up a trailer or something. Anywayz, good job!

btw: Samuraipanda is good at voice-acting, you could contact him. :emote_grin:

Thanks for the review :) And yea, I was thinking of contacting Samuraipanda when i'm ready for voice acting.

I could do a bit of voicing, perhaps. Then I would still have SOME use around here.

Yea but your voice probably dosn't sound any good does it? :p

serious bob, looking at this arilen map that you do make me want to crush and stomp my own map...

Just finish it faster and let me play it before I can't control myself and crush my map...

Don't worry, i'll try and get it finished as fast as possible, without rushing it.

I've finsihed the terrain for the inside of the Ruins now, its just that I need to fix a few problems with a model, before I can take any screenshots.

Edit: Ok i've added some screenshots of the temple to the first post.

Last edited:
Level 9
Wootageness

Looks like THW is in for another wootage cinematic!
The terrain looks awsome, the stoyline is good and you one of the best cinematic directors ever (IMO)!
Just dont let us down! :smile:

Level 7
raging you have an voice manipulation program?? Can you give me?? I need one for my campaign voices, you can take the voice as your job if you don't want to give it... I hope you pick either of that 2 choice... I shall make a greatest credits for sound if it really cool

raging you have an voice manipulation program?? Can you give me?? I need one for my campaign voices, you can take the voice as your job if you don't want to give it... I hope you pick either of that 2 choice... I shall make a greatest credits for sound if it really cool

With the program "Reason" you can change the pitch of voices and sounds and do other usefull stuff. It is expensive though but you should be able to find it on the net.

Level 7
With the program "Reason" you can change the pitch of voices and sounds and do other usefull stuff. It is expensive though but you should be able to find it on the net.

Can't you give the installer to me?? I can't pay because I still student, if just can pay by cash... I has enough cash.. Maybe...

Level 10
How long will this cinematic be?

Its hard to tell, it depends how long a fight is, or how long someone is talking, you would have to use math to calculate the time. The formula would be this.

Time=Speed divided by distance

Level 24
Ok, thanks X-Mitch-X. I would need some samples, and I am looking for pretty high quality voice acting for this cinematic. But send me a few samples when you can, and if I think you are good enough I'll start contacting you with some lines as soon as I think they are perfect :)

Ok a little update on this project. Amazingly I have still been working on it. I am planning on getting some hosting for it just before or after I release part one, and I have made a few screens.

Here is some nearly completed ones, of the inside of a cave.

I have attached some really early WIPs of a council chamber.

ElvenCouncil1.jpgElvenCouncil2.jpg

And here is one of a forest, pretty much completed, both this and the council chambers were taken in game so it doesn't show any fog or anything.

Forest1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.