• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Story] The Cult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
BTNBloodyRubyRing.jpg
THE CULT

INTRODUCTION
Hundreds of years before the events that take place in the Cinematic happened, there was a Demon, called
Nolunarak. Nolunarak created an Army of Undead, and set out to try and destroy all of the other Races.

Nolunarak and his army swept through the land, destroying any who stood in their way. The Ancient Elves decided that something had to be done to try and stop the Demon. They sent some of their best Wizards and Sorcerers to destroy the Demon, but they failed. After they decided that they could not kill the Demon, they set a trap for him, so that they could imprison him.

THE TRAP
The strongest Wizards and Sorcerers in Braviel set a trap for the Demon, and it worked. The Demon was locked away in a Prison, where him and his powers could be locked away safely. The Elves locked the Prison with the powers from an Orb, and then locked the Orb away in one of their cities, knowing that if it ever fell into the wrong hands it could be used to free the Demon again.

GALWICH
After hundreds of years, all records of the Demon were eventually lost of destroyed, and the Demon was thought of as just another of the Ancient Legends. No one believed the Demon really was locked away in an Ancient City, except one man.
Galwich, who was a powerful Wizard, was convinced that the Demon existed.

So
Galwich set out, to look for the Demon's Prison, to see if the Legend was true or not. After years of searching, he eventually was able to locate a cave where the Demon was rumored to be imprisoned. He entered the Cave, and traveled deep inside it. He found the Demon's Prison, and the Demon there as the Legend had said. However, the Prison was not powerful enough to completely contain the Demon's Powers, so he was able to use what little power he could use to take control of the Wizards mind, and then use him to find the Orb, and free him from the Prison.

THE CULT
Galwich set out to look for the Orb on his own, but to no luck. However on his journeys he had gained many followers, and so he created a Cult, that would have one purpose. To free Nolunarak, and to destroy the Elves who controlled Braviel. The Cult started to Practice Necromancy, and slowly started to create an Army of Undead and get more followers. After years of preparing, the Cult finally made themselves open to the rest of Braviel, and started openly attacking cities and towns in Braviel.

THE SEARCH FOR THE ORB
Galwich, who still saw the Orb as his main priority, sent out a huge number of his Cult Members on a search for the Orb, and to do anything necessary to get it, so that Nolunarak could be freed.

The Search for the Orb, and the war against the Wizards of Braviel continued for 10 years, and there had been no luck in finding the Orb. Galwich knew though that it was only a matter of time until the Orb was discovered by someone though, and then, he would be able to take it, and free Nolunarak with it.

Last edited:
Level 24
You have a loooooooong time to post something Bob?You are busy?

Yea atm I am trying to get the judging done for both the paired mapping contest and the cinematic contest. However I have got a story half completed sitting in my private forum, which I should be able to finish off and release after the judging is done.

As for screenshots or any update like that, i'm working on one of the battle scenes atm in the cinematic, so I may release some screenshots or a movie of that when I think it is good enough.

Level 24
How about creating a trailer of Arilen's Tale?

Yes that is something I plan on doing, but not until later on. I defiantly want to show some of the battle scene in the trailer, so I would have to wait for that to be finished. And I wouldn't mind having some voice acting done by then as well, that I might be able to throw into the cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.