• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Argus, homeworld of the Eredar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've been busy...

Anyway working on the first mission map at the moment and a thread to make this project official and with more information about this project.

Eredar01.jpg

Eredar02.jpg

Ralle cool indeed :]

Some rolling hills wouldn't hurt much for the forested parts. I like the crytal-y rocky outcrops. You made the Felstalker skin?
I know that I haven't managed to make one yet due to various rl things.

Will you take inspiration for Mac'Aree from Legion exp as well? I did see some cool color palette there. 'specially for the Seat of the Triumvirate part.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Some rolling hills wouldn't hurt much for the forested parts. I like the crytal-y rocky outcrops. You made the Felstalker skin?
Indeed, still WIP. Nope didn't make the Fel Stalker skin. Still waiting for you to conjure up some awesome skin for it <3

Looks mighty fine. Still think that steinlords rock will look mucj better then the normal ones
Oh yeah, that's right I totally forgot.

Level 28
Ralle cool indeed :]
Ralle's username is now some kind of adverb? =P That's ralle awesome!

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've been busy...

Anyway working on the first mission map at the moment and a thread to make this project official and with more information about this project.

Indeed that's looking good. I love your attention to detail, like you did in those flowers with a little bit of glow and the debris. However your custom pine tree model, besides not having a variation, are all facing the same direction, resulting in an unnatural recognizeable pattern (at least for me):

1.jpg

Not that it's a big thing though, but would try to set their fixed rotation to -1 and messing with them a little bit and see if that gives a more natural look. The models are beautiful and your idea of occasionally mixing them with the other tree model gives a really nice variation to the scene, so you're going the right direction anyway.

Expecting to see more from it in the future!

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
However your custom pine tree model, besides not having a variation, are all facing the same direction, resulting in an unnatural recognizeable pattern (at least for me)
That's a good idea. I'll give it a try.

Ralle's username is now some kind of adverb? =P That's ralle awesome!
@Ralle :D Next level stuff.

Anyway, I need your help guys. Mining gold doesn't really fit with an advanced race like the Eredar. So do you guys have any ideas/models to use instead of the regular gold mine? I'm thinking crystals instead.

goldmine.jpg

Level 23
Anyway, I need your help guys. Mining gold doesn't really fit with an advanced race like the Eredar. So do you guys have any ideas/models to use instead of the regular gold mine? I'm thinking crystals instead.
Something with energy siphoning based on the Night Elf entangled gold mine? Start with a chunk of crystal, strap some kind of spire to it, and add workers to leech power out of it with fancy particle effect? ... Crystals are the answer to everything!

B22

B22

Level 6
Looks really awesome and promising. But maybe add more detail of what are you working at, like what king of project it is (Campaign or single map)?
Anyway looking forward to this. Great work on the terraining.

Level 28
Hmmmm as they're an advanced magic-based society, the gold miners, instead of mining crystals, could be channeling magic based on the undead gold mine, and the gold resource would be changed to a magic resource thing. However that may not be a good idea since it'll mess up the concept of buying items/creeps from neutral shops (buying them with eredar magic is definitely weird).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Or have no workers at all. Build something over the mine that self extracts the gold.
If you want miners, you could make some units that as others said, drain the gold, but from a distance without the mine needing to be changed or built upon. These extractors would use something like a Drain Life on the mine from a fair distance of max 450 range.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: or have the headquarters leech the gold out of the mine.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
The undead gold mine is a good idea. I would need some corresponding models for it, though. An eredar "worker" model with a nice channeling animation (like the Acolyte) for harvesting those latent arcane energies, a new version of the Gold Mine like a crystal mine of some sort (or just a huge crystal), and a new version of the Haunted Gold Mine for when the Eredar works the "mine" for crystals @Stefan.K are you up for this? <3

Also, @Hawkwing has provided this mod with some new units and Stefan.K is also working on new units for the Eredar tech-tree.

The apprentice of Thal'kiel, Archimonde, and a small band of Eredar (before corruption).

archimonde.jpg

Last edited:
Level 50
The undead gold mine is a good idea. I would need some corresponding models for it, though. An eredar "worker" model with a nice channeling animation (like the Acolyte) for harvesting those latent arcane energies, a new version of the Gold Mine like a crystal mine of some sort (or just a huge crystal), and a new version of the Haunted Gold Mine for when the Eredar works the "mine" for crystals @Stefan.K are you up for this? <3

Also, @Hawkwing has provided this mod with some new units and Stefan.K is also working on new units for the Eredar tech-tree.

The apprentice of Thal'kiel, Archimonde, and a small band of Eredar (before corruption).

View attachment 275339
I could try something but I would probably need some ideas. Pictures, I mean, cuz I'm not that into Dreanei race and I cannot make something creative cuz maybe it will not fit dreanei theme at all. I hope you understand. I'll look for some pictures and let you know.

Level 15
You mean realistic? I am here for the last 8 years, and what I have learned since then is that majority of these projects are nothing more than a few fancy pictures and posts and after 6 months to a year, maker of that projects just announces that project is dead. And this looks nothing different than that. Today I have seen his new post about returning back and restarting his old project (Moria) while this project is not even in the alpha phase...

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, you should know that I have 4 modding projects going on that I work on from time to time. Big problem is, I'm the only one working on them. Plus I have Hive responsibilities and real-life.

If more people would help with this, it would speed the progress up! :)

I might just end up releasing my projects as a template or something, for someone else to work on.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Well, you should know that I have 4 modding projects going on that I work on from time to time. Big problem is, I'm the only one working on them. Plus I have Hive responsibilities and real-life.

I might just end up releasing my projects as a template or something, for someone else to work on.
Map Development Forum or something? Usually lots pop in there with ideas and more.

Level 15

Everyone! Look surprised! o_O

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Are people still interested in me releasing this just as a template? I doubt I will finnish this project.

I have been thinking of making a thread with all my unfinished projects for download.

Projects like:

Diablo 3: The Fallen Angel
Moria: A Journey in the Dark
Eredar Campaign: The Fall of Argus
The Black Book
Lands of Conflict

Are people still interested in me releasing this just as a template? I doubt I will finnish this project.

I have been thinking of making a thread with all my unfinished projects for download.

Projects like:

The Black Book
Lands of Conflict
Do it for the community, eitherway, who will profit from you not releasing them? an unsatisfied you and a project that lead to nowhere. At least, this way it can sprout into something fantastic with the passion of the hivers!

Projects like:

The Black Book
Lands of Conflict

HELL YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.