• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Argos: Rise of Elements [Orpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This project looks awesome! The features are outstanding. The Models are amazing. Hope we get to test this soon :)

Level 24
Well I have no complains whatsoever about the terrein even though I think that the female model seem extremly colourfull compared to the rest of the envoierment and it looks unormal. Also the mushroom and the bear models seem alitle bit less detailed then the rest of the envoierment and should be remade in my opinon since they really stick out and unusual.

My score: 9.5/10

Level 11
Well I have no complains whatsoever about the terrein even though I think that the female model seem extremly colourfull compared to the rest of the envoierment and it looks unormal. Also the mushroom and the bear models seem alitle bit less detailed then the rest of the envoierment and should be remade in my opinon since they really stick out and unusual.

My score: 9.5/10

Thanks for the feedback!

The models we placed there are not what will be in game, he only places them for concepts of where we will actually place them, not exactly the same unit.

Argos will be full of creatures you've never seen before ;)

Also, that terrain is another concept for what the actual map looks like, I believe the demo terrain would be perfect to build off of, but he believes this new concept is better. Unfortunately, we are at an stalemate here and we decided to let the fans decide. This brings me to my topic:

We will be posting a poll soon of both concepts on which we should build off of or start from scratch completely. As soon as I can get Marko9's side of his argument. But for right now, with the link he posted above and the concept screenshots on the first page (Now reorganized), we can start the debate off in this thread.

Level 11
Lol, please choose one,

Right now in my quick opinion, the Demo terrain is more open, I like the layout as we can have a nice centered area for a starting area, not too big, not too open, enclosed area with one exit to leave to next area after learning the basics of the game.

Also on concept #2, the area is very blocked, lots of foliage blocking view. Idk...

you decide :p

Level 15
WAAAH!!! I don't wanna chose!
Sprite_gameboy_soldier.gif

@clockwork2: ShadowFlare uses a custom war3xlocal.mpq for the map with all the needed imports. He'll release it with the map. Each person playing the map needs to have that war3xlocal.mpq in their Warcraft III folder to see the models properly, otherwise they'll most likely show up as green checkered cubes.

gl with the map, it looks promising.

Level 11
Hey guys! Sorry for no updates for a long time, life got in the way and I've been dealing with a bug with JNGP that is stopping progress, I have a whole list of things I need to update the thread with, and hopefully if I get this bug fixed today, I might have a small playable demo that you guys can try and give feedback on.

Be patient a little while longer!

Level 11
Can't wait to try this out! ;)

Thanks Sin!

I also have some good news! I was able to find an older copy of my code (knew I was smart enough to hide a backup somewhere) and was able to fix the odd bug. For some reason when I tested JNGP 5e with my map and saved it, the compiler was giving me errors in correct code. Anyways, I now have it up and running and ready for a coding spree :)

EDIT:

Hey, also I was thinking about changing the tileset back to reg War3 tiles, I liked the tone better for some reason, but I wanted to ask you guys what you think, you can compare them on the title page, from Old Screens and Concept 1

Last edited:
Level 11
I'm back, and I am sorry for leaving this project aside for a few months.
Other projects have gotten in the way and after finishing terrain there now I am free to come back to Argos full time.

I want you guys to tell me which of the terrain concepts you prefer, I will remake the terrain anyway but I just want to know what you make of what you can see right now.

The map is currently in concept 2 and I think its the best, still not good, It was done a long time ago so a remake is needed. You can expect new screens when the new starting area is made.

Thank you for you'r patience.

Level 14
This project looks great.
Just one little thing: Please replace the hero's model
with some cool one. It annoys me that everyone use that model
for a hero, while it looks like a dirty peasant not a hero.

I know what you mean. I think the reason everyone uses it is because most armor and weapon attachments are made to fit it. If someone made a new model that could use all the old attachments I think it would be very popular. Sadly I'm not a modeler.

Level 11
This project looks great.
Just one little thing: Please replace the hero's model
with some cool one. It annoys me that everyone use that model
for a hero, while it looks like a dirty peasant not a hero.

The character creation will allow you to somewhat customize the ''peasant'', you can make him taller and therefore much more hero like ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.