• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arendthall Forrest

Reactions: deepstrasz
Arendthall forrest
In this kingdom named Arendthall local farmers could not survive the attack from four ogre warchiefs. The farmers runned to the forrest, but they didnt knew, that in the forrest there was something worse then some ogres...

Style = 4 player ffa melee map (based of map Ogres wasteland)
(the map ogres wasteland will be changed to 1v1 and rebalanced soon.)
Tile set = Lordaeron and Ashenvale
All players spawn in corners = its less likely gonna play 1v2 scenarios.

Creeps / N.Buildings
12 easy camps
16 medium camps
8 hard camps
-------------------------------------------------
4 goblin merchants
4 goblin labolatories
4 taverns
12 gold mines ( 4 start 12500g, 4 midle 16000g, 4 corner 10000g )

Creator of map and basic info
creator = tpe.yellow
This map took some time to make, but i think that in final form the map looks nice.
If you have any balance/creep/terrain/doodad suggestions feel free to speak

Strategy
My favourite strat is to creep goblin lab as fast as i can, then grab a zepplin and go for middle mine or secure the corner mine at start of a game.

Story time
George and his son,
Its been a nice sunny day and George took his son to the river of Sazhava, after a while
they heard shouting. The shouting sounded something like this: To the forrest! its our only hope!
OGRRRES! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!... . George was scared, he looked around and he saw a boat. go to the boat!
he yelled at his son...

The market ship of Lordaeron
Villagers from Arendthall and people from Lordaeron had a planned deal for this day,
but the silly drunk Lordaeron sailors forgot whitch river leads to death and whitch leads to local port.
Never drink alcochol when driving!

Sam Nicolson
Poor sam never had luck in his life, yes he had a job of a farmer, and yes he had a house. But
he never met a lady that would be with him for rest of his life, until the day before ogre attack
he saw that one. Sam forgot her name, silly Sam... They had an date planned on this day. As allways
Sam is just unlucky guy. He decided to stand and wait for his death...

The caravan
As usually caravan from west kingdom is late. It contains food and things like clothing or toys.
But the caravan was not late, it was attacked by gnolls.

(you can find these things on a map)
Contents

Arendthall Forrest (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The description is a bit hard to read. Would you mind making it more eye friendly? You could differentiate the creeps at the Goblin Laboratory from those at the Merchant. Now, the exception is that the groups in the south and north have a troll...
deepstrasz
Changes made. Set to Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The description is a bit hard to read. Would you mind making it more eye friendly?

You could differentiate the creeps at the Goblin Laboratory from those at the Merchant. Now, the exception is that the groups in the south and north have a troll instead of a gnoll like those in the west and east. Would be nicer in terms of aesthetics and melee symmetry.
Why not a tenth level Green Dragon instead of that Red Dragon over the Green Dragon Roost? (just a question, not a problem).

Overall it's a decent melee map.

Set to Awaiting Update.

==============================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 5
The description is a bit hard to read. Would you mind making it more eye friendly?

You could differentiate the creeps at the Goblin Laboratory from those at the Merchant. Now, the exception is that the groups in the south and north have a troll instead of a gnoll like those in the west and east. Would be nicer in terms of aesthetics and melee symmetry.
Why not a tenth level Green Dragon instead of that Red Dragon over the Green Dragon Roost? (just a question, not a problem).

Overall it's a decent melee map.

Set to Awaiting Update.

==============================================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
Eye friendly description (complete)
Different creeps at merchants and labs (complete)
Green dragon ocd (i thought that i placed green drake here. He must have flew away when i wasnt looking /D )
Thanks for review, rly helps me when people see map in different style then i do :)