• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Area 15

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: GhostThruster
ok so basically, I took out night elves and put in the Naga (woot). I also added units to the undead and orcs including heroes new workers, etc..and with the humans, i changed it to an alliance with the blood elves and dwarves. all the custom models i used are from here.

features?
this is a custom melee map, I changed the tileset to Outland and created waygates to and from the islands allowing you to travel to them on foot instead of requiring a zeppelin.

Double worker system: I decided to have 2 workers for each race instead of just one. keeps people on their toes. the second worker is found in the blacksmith/graveyard/war mill/Draenei hut. these second workers are great for harvesting lumber and can create new farms that can be used to drop off gold and lumber, along with more food. the second worker is required cause they make a building required for your ultimate unit(s) instead of the regular workers.

Being able to play as Blood Elves and Naga is a kinda huge change. the Blood Elves work perfectly besides the custom research.

suggestions/help?
I have been working on this for a while..I always find something wrong so I edit it. lol...the only kind of issues i can see now is balance issues: naga are pretty cheap...care to help me out? my Garena/AIM account is sinned1201 and my xfire is jrock907. chat me up!

I need to make an AI for the naga, but the trouble comes in at the attack wave section :(. anybody got a tutorial?

Gameplay?

I made a video on youtube when I first created this map..it's gone through alot of changes since this video. I'll make a new one pretty soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdwOiQ7jePY

Change log:
v3.1: I changed some Naga units to make them more balanced, I also added a new upgrade for them so they have 3 instead of just 2 weapon upgrades :)

updated the quest information to make it more clear for players who have not played as the Naga before.

edited some tool tips to make it easier to understand what some units are used for.
v.3.2
I moved some of the Naga units around to make it way more balanced. Betrayer also isnt as cheap.

added a quick user guide to how to use the Naga in the quests. updated the quests on new units.

changed Lich king model to a very cool one made by l0w_kwaliti

v.3.3

I made a custom AI!! took me three hours...and it doesn't work :( i did something wrong w/ the triggers and I don't know how to fix it...

v.3.4

I used triggers to make a player able to use the custom naga and still have the AI still able to play as the base 4 races. I im gonna let people play on that until i get this AI sorted out...so now i have 2 different maps.

My AI is a little step closer to working...the AI looks like it's running with the custom name and everything..but all the starting workers either get gold or lumber; they won't do both and they also won't build anything. I am defenitely doing something painfully wrong here. can anyone look at it to see what's up?

Credits!
credit for the custom models go to Misha, Cavman, jigreal, LiOneSS, General Frank (mostly), Sephiroth_VII, apaka, and last but not least IamMclovin

Keywords:
Naga, Melee, Blood, elf, custom
Contents

Area 15 (Map)

Reviews
14:29, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 7
Fix description!

Good to see you are willing to upload a map you have made to Hiveworkshop.

But first there are a few things in making the map stand out from the rest and making people say "Wow it sounds good" I better try it.

Although Do not lie about your map or people will get so angry no1 would download your map.

Okay how to make a good description of your map:

Adding a youtube video of some of the features in your game can make wanting to play or download a map even more worth it.

Adding in-game screenshots to your description can make people feel like they are actually playing the game and makes them want to download the map.

images

Just adding a description of the game can tell people what it is about, so they are not left worrying what the main objective is.

The aim of the game is to get a hero and work your way up to the enemy base and destroy there citadel or tree depending if you are on scourge or sentinel team.

Here is another example of the description of the game:

Dota Palostar is an AOS type map where 2 teams scourge and sentinel of 5-8 battle it out to destroy there enemies main building and stop creep production for ever.

Adding a How to Play description tells the person a brief overview how to play the map.

First you choose a team sentinel or scourge.
Then when the map has loaded you choose a hero.
Then you go an level up your hero by killing creeps/other heroes in an attempt to destroy the enemy citadel or tree.

Adding features to the description can help people understand why they should download it and what makes the map unique.

This map has 200 custom heroes
400 custom items
500 custom spells and upgrades
30 custom unit
70 custom models
a new inventory interface
a unique attacking system

Including a change-log can help people understand why you updated the map and what updates are there.

In this update we have added 10 new heroes and changed the death lightning spell so it would look better when casted and not poison you. Plus we have added a few new terrain features to make walking around the map even more exciting

Adding updates to come can see what you have installed for the next version and can make people want to keep downloading n playing your map.

3 new models, 5 hero reworks, 6new heroes, 10new spells, 56new items, price rework and manor regen interface.

Always include the credits or people will think you made the whole map when you didn't and then some1 who contributed to the map will be real angry cuz you took all the credit.

Credits:
Dell.CC - for models
[H]ell.[M]aster - for spells
sls.Fail - for interfaces
Mls.Noobs - for terrain
Palostar - Main Creator

For now until you update the description, I will assume this map will be rejected with no time(if you do not fix description).

To make me download the map change the description and I might download it and review it.

Hope this helped you understand how to make a good description for your map,
Lag_Reviews :p

PS: The map i talk about is another map with bad description, I would make a custom description for this map but you give me nothing at all to work with.

Level 16
Interesting alteration... I think i'll try this

EDIT: I've tried the Undead and honestly, i think this need improvements. First of all, i start on a secluded area, connected to outer areas by two waygates. Nobody likes the fact that you must teleport to reach your opponents. The alteration on undead also wasn't very good and clear. Not voting for both rate and approval now. This wasn't very complete in my taste. Also, moar description plz. Terrain also need some work (Mainly the rough edges).

Last edited:
Level 2
Updated. I will upload pics next, and I made a video already, but that needs to be updated too...I'm getting some friends to help me make a new one within the next few days.

@ Dead-man-walking: I have issues with the Terrain so that's gonna take a little longer to fix. My friends and a few others ive talked to like the Secluded area. It leaves their base at peace while they creep or research. But hey, everyone has different playing styles and what they want to see on a map.

Last edited:
Level 2
After I play the game,I can only say that the race is completely imbalance,how come the fel orc heroes full and blood elves hero just about 6.Also the naga can only chose 2 hero and the icon is strange.And why you give us control the ai if they already controlling themselves.Also the terrain need some work and why the critter must be so large and have some strange name.I think you try playing other altered melee map like battle for outland and do a serious work in this map.

Level 2
After I play the game,I can only say that the race is completely imbalance,how come the fel orc heroes full and blood elves hero just about 6.Also the naga can only chose 2 hero and the icon is strange.And why you give us control the ai if they already controlling themselves.Also the terrain need some work and why the critter must be so large and have some strange name.I think you try playing other altered melee map like battle for outland and do a serious work in this map.

yeah one this that happens...i was trying to get/make as many heroes for each race as I could...undead and orcs have full heroes. blood elves and naga don't at the moment...

as for the # of heroes...it depends on the hero order. depending on the order, you can get from 2 to 4 heroes...idk how that happened I really don't. it's supposed to be 4 heroes all around but for some reason it didn't work out that way and idk how to fix that :cry:

I need to make an icon for the warqueen, naga incursor, and naga sorcerer...

Level 2
Updated...but I need SERIOUS help..I made a custom AI. and it won't run in the game. i set the trigger up and everything but the ai script still will NOT run. could it be because I'm using a night elf worker w/ just a replaced model file?

Level 7
Updated...but I need SERIOUS help..I made a custom AI. and it won't run in the game. i set the trigger up and everything but the ai script still will NOT run. could it be because I'm using a night elf worker w/ just a replaced model file?

Hmmm seems like you have done something wrong with the script somewhere... Not to worry I found a site with an AI Tutorial. It will guide you on how to make AI actually work and stuff.

For AI basics and triggers go here: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=15516

For AI editor help go here: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=53937

Hope those sites help you understand where you went wrong with your AI script,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck!

Level 2
thanks for trying to help. i used that tutorial to fully understand how to make the AI beforehand...it just tells what everything means. not really what to do. I still don't know what's wrong though...I think it's the trigger. im not sure how to set it up...i suck with those...

This sounds similar to my map, REALLY SIMILAR... Anyways, I'll download and test soon. BTW, use hidden tags to hide the changelog.

Here's my review:

Bad Points:
Races are all imbalanced.
Warqueen has unproper icon.
Naga hero icons are misplaced.
Naga has no AI.
Races are really similar.
In your ingame description, tell us that Night Elves = Naga.
Naga units are weird.

Good Points:
I love your idea.
Terrain is alright, and I respect your decision to use Waygates.
Who doesn't love Naga and Draenei?
Imported sounds fit Naga race.

Suggestions:
Hide the changelog, add some screenshots, fix up the AI and polish the races here and there, balancing them.

Overall:
Though the idea is not very original, you have made a fine map. The Naga race still needs lots of work. 4/5 and keep up the awesome work!

PS. I can make you a custom AI and icon for the Warqueen.

Last edited: