• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Are Moderators allowed to double post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
First of all double posting can be overlooked for bumping and updates. That is an update.
Everyone should follow the rules not only users.

Level 1
I asked that because i am not sure
*if that is a feature of that forum to allow double posting by the project member in case of update
*if moderators are allowed to double post as i asked in the post

Rui

Rui

Level 41
No, moderators cannot double-post. Or, they can, but they shouldn't. The rules affect both regular users AND the staff.

In that particular case, the double-post is justified. I did a lot of those double-posts on my Dawn & Twilight forum sticky threads. You may catch a few of them on the Map Development forum as well.

Level 1
In view of all the above posts shouldn't the rules regarding under the heading "Double Posting / Double Threading" should be little more explanatory?
Originally by Rui
[...]Or, they can, but they shouldn't.[...]
Not sure about this?

Thanks everyone for replying.

originally by l0git3c
so double posting is allowed if that post is just for update?
In view of Rui's post, yes.
originally by Rui
[...]In that particular case, the double-post is justified[....]
For Updates double post justified in your own thread.

Level 1
originally by Mechanical Man
For massive posts is better to multiple post to make things more clear
Yes i think a massive post can be better understand by multiple posts. Maybe that's why Rui said the post was justified. Better understanding of things in it.

Level 40
It's usually overlooked for sorting reasons in hosted project forums and map development threads - for all users, not just the staff. As mentioned above, it helps a lot with sorting.

The reason double posting is usually discouraged is that it takes up a lot of space and is rather spamming. However, in such a case these obviously do not apply.

Level 34
Honestly, I think this site takes double posting all too seriously, along with necroposting. I agree that they should be discouraged, but all too often we practically castrate the person.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
so double posting is allowed if that post is just for update?
You may only double-post after 48 hours. Including the updating, yes.

[...]Or, they can, but they shouldn't.[...]
Not sure about this?
Well, everybody can double-post, but it's against the rules, so it's better not to. :wink: For the reasons PurplePoot already mentioned.

For massive posts is better to multiple post to make things more clear
Exactly!
If your post is too big, and you just need to split it into several parts, a double-post is justifiable, even though I prefer users use the [hr] [/hr] tags.

Level 12
Honestly, I think this site takes double posting all too seriously, along with necroposting. I agree that they should be discouraged, but all too often we practically castrate the person.

Instead of calling it 'posting consecutively', or 'responding to a response', they call it 'spam'.

Some of the staff I've dealt with over the times has habitually misused these types of labels, and it has bugged the crap out of me.

Level 1
The reason i had started this thread is complete. The thing i wanted to ask about is now clear to me.

So if this thread can be closed please do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.