• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ArcherRider

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Archer Rider
archer deer rider...

Updated... shorter cape, Reanimated =p

changelog:
Added Dissipate and arrow to attack animation
added stand Ready (without it will be wierd when attack)
added Collision
Reanimate walk and Stand and Added Birth, Stand Channel, and Corpse
Improved Stand Animation
Improved Attack animation
added saddle, Tinted, More Tweak on Stand Channel and Attack
Tweaked Animation

Minimage, Im not sure if this is what you mean Xd

Keywords:
Night, Moon, Rider, Elf, Elves, Luna, Deer, Stag, Ride, Mount, Scout, Calvary,
Contents

ArcherRider (Model)

Reviews
12:19, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: Fix the clipping of the animations. The woman with the bow should not keep sliding through the deer. 15:47, 9th Dec 2014 MiniMage: Hm, it has been improved a lot. Just fix the attack animation, because it looks a...

M

12:19, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: Fix the clipping of the animations. The woman with the bow should not keep sliding through the deer.

15:47, 9th Dec 2014
MiniMage: Hm, it has been improved a lot. Just fix the attack animation, because it looks a little weird when the horns get in the way of the arrow when the archer releases its arrow.

02:22, 3rd Jan 2015
MiniMage: Hm, it has been improved yet again. However, your fix that you thought of is incomplete. It can't move its head in that way without balancing it out by moving it's right front and hind legs to the side as it sways its head to the side. Shouldn't be that difficult of a fix. ;D

11:30, 12th Sep 2015
MiniMage: Setting to needs fix as requested.

Level 10
This is unique, Night Elves don't ride enough stags I say.

I like it! Keep up the good work!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is... Good and bad.

A NE riding a Stag makes total sense... But I'm afraid her bow clips incredibly during almost every animation. :< Also, "I find her lack of legs... disturbing". :p

What program are you using to combine models like this?

I would prefer to see a more literal interpretation, with a stag riding an archer.

Still, this is good, too, I guess. It's not very original at all, but it's theme makes sense and can serve to be useful.

Has some issues, though, like the clipping of the bow through the stag. It looks like you just stuck the archer onto the stag and called it a day.

2/5.

Well, the clipping situation is better, the bent legs also look much better. One thing that bothers me though is the stand animation. Some good advice when making animations is that you do not let all movement change at the same keyframe. Like in your case, the stag and the archer hunkers in complete synchronization. That does not look natural. Instead, imagine that the stag is the one hunkering, while the archer is just being affected of the motion. In that case, the motion of the archer would be delayed relative to the stag. Overall, the motion of the waist comes first, then the motion of the torso, then the motion of the arms and head. Make sure the motion in the "backswing" is also delayed.

Also, look at the aimations for the human knight to see how you can add some sideways motion to the model in the stand animation, like it kinda swaying its butt back and forth. Because right now, when you look at the model directly from the top, there is no motion at all for the stag. You also have the problem of feet kinda floating around back and forth, which can be easily dealt with.

Right now i am only judging this based on the hive viewer, so pardon me if some of those issues do not actually appear ingame. Models in the hive viewer always look 200% worse.

Great update, I'm glad that you take feedback and make a progress out of it. The animations are a little better, some need major tweaking still. +rep

checked the model now, and you've done a good progress with the walk anim, it looks really fluid.

oh, and i must say it's nice how you take feedback into account and always polish your models the most you can. this is kinda rare to see around :p

Well.. i have OCD, so to avoid myself OCD, First i have to make people not OCD :p

it's the Only for me to Improve :p

I will Improve the Stand Animation once I've done my exam
(FIX ALL DA MODEL!!!1)

The attack animation looks fantastic. It could use some minor tweaks though, it's probably the one that needs the least love. Excellent attention to detail on that one.

You should really focus on revamping the walk animation to make it look more fluid. An animal's legs don't jet forward like that, and likewise both hind legs don't close in at exactly the same time. I'd take the advice that was given earlier and watch some videos of stags/elk or deer to get a really good feel for it. Also think of how the action of walking is made possible, by propelling yourself with each motion. Overall it needs fluidity which is what it severely lacks. The core concept is great, however. It makes sense and surprisingly isn't something I've seen before on the hive or anywhere else for that matter.

The spell channel animation is really weird looking though. I'll have to test it out in game, but it doesn't feel right for her to be floating in mid-air like that.

Clean this up and I'd say it's worth a good 4/5

Edit: Really what happy cockroach said too. You're awesome for taking the time to go back and go over the model and make it something special. It's things like that which matter and stand out here.

The attack animation looks fantastic. It could use some minor tweaks though, it's probably the one that needs the least love. Excellent attention to detail on that one.

You should really focus on revamping the walk animation to make it look more fluid. An animal's legs don't jet forward like that, and likewise both hind legs don't close in at exactly the same time. I'd take the advice that was given earlier and watch some videos of stags/elk or deer to get a really good feel for it. Also think of how the action of walking is made possible, by propelling yourself with each motion. Overall it needs fluidity which is what it severely lacks. The core concept is great, however. It makes sense and surprisingly isn't something I've seen before on the hive or anywhere else for that matter.

The spell channel animation is really weird looking though. I'll have to test it out in game, but it doesn't feel right for her to be floating in mid-air like that.

Clean this up and I'd say it's worth a good 4/5

Edit: Really what happy cockroach said too. You're awesome for taking the time to go back and go over the model and make it something special. It's things like that which matter and stand out here.

Walk Animation (For A Horse-like Animal) is not the Easiest thing in the World, though, that is not the Reason for me to stop xd, Will Do more tweak bout that, (Or More like Reanimate it). thx for the Feedback,

The Stand Channel is Meant for some spell like Leap or something
Maybe I will just Make a real Stand Channel for spell like Starfall or something? O.O

The Stand Channel is Meant for some spell like Leap or something
Maybe I will just Make a real Stand Channel for spell like Starfall or something? O.O

Oooh, cool. I actually really like that. I think it'd be cool to have a regular stand channel animation. I'll have to make a test map to integrate a leap spell before I can say anything more though. I'm interested to see how it will look in game. Keep up the good work on what's quickly becoming my new favorite model. xD

Level 3
Hi, Hayate, deer rider archer is a wonderful and natural idea and I like it.
But could u spend some time to add refs (head, chest, origin ...) for this model? Otherwise, it cannot be used in an actual game.
Thank u so much.