• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archer Stronghold v2.2 B

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Created by me. Save/Load system by MrMaestro. This is a hero defense map where you try to stop attackers from reaching a point. If they reach it you lose a life.

This map is unique from other hero defense maps because your hero has very low health, has a long range, and kills quickly, which means you have to use actual skill to avoid death and win. Many complain it is too hard or whatever but others and myself have beat it many times and do not find it too hard. Try harder and bring more people if you can't beat it the first time.

There is a solo mode that balances the monsters to be able to win alone, but it is not nearly as fun as having a full house.

The save/load system in this map only saves your kill count. Loading your code does not give you more gold, experience, or save your hero. When your kill count gets high enough you will have access to secret heroes.

Keywords:
Hero Defense, Defense, Defend, Archer, Archer Stronghold, Siege
Contents

Archer Stronghold v2.2 B (Map)

Level 4
Hello and welcome to Archer Stronghold 2.1 B. This version features ashenvale terrain and is more eye candy than 2.1 A but maybe not as tactical. Both are mostly equily balanced and I hope you will play both. Archer Stronghold is designed to be played on Bnet and should not be attempted on 1 player. Has Save/Load feature to load kills, which will in time earn you secret heroes.

EDIT: Updated the map and fixed a bug where it just didn't show any of the players.

EDIT 2: Archer Stronghold 2.1 A was a variation and had completely different terrain and some different heroes... should I not upload it anyway?

Level 3
Overall it seemed like a fun and well done game, but the creeps are damn annoying, they're set to run passed you and not think a damn thing of your hero & troops. Aka this is more like a TD with Heros and Mercs. :mad:

Level 22
Im awarding this map the Director's Choice Award for it overall fun factor and variety. Plenty of otions to choose from, including different playing fields, offense/defense option, difficulty levels for all levels of experienced gamers or numbers of players, suburb terrain, fairly well balanced, fun gameplay, good triggering, and forces players to use unique strategies. All the while with reasonbable file size, easy for obtaining a full-house on b.net. Overall great work.
-VGsatomi

Regarding the other map: if it really is a completely different map, unsimilar to this, I'd suggest doing more then simply giving it a different version number. Otherwise there's no wey to tell thats its a different map then this one, and would make it only appear to be an obsolete version of this map to people browsing.

Only bug I found so far: Seems like the (short range)archer and hippogryph rider's sounds sets have been mixed up.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
I think it's alittle too hard, even in easy difficulty, and especially when playing on the left side.
Also it would be nice with more space on the right side, because we had to kill eachothers spawned archers to get to the frontline.
It's a fun map though, I'll give it a 4

Level 1
Another "TheWarCenter.com" map that is awarded with Director's Choice, this makes 5 I believe.

TheWarCenter.com maps that you may have played:

- Defense of the Ancients (original by Eul)
- Battle of the Gods (original by Digimajik)
- Megalith (original by Archael)
- FFDX (original by Squallish)

Expect to see many more quality maps from TheWarCenter.com!

Level 4
Update: Version 2.2 B

Changes:

Solo Mode: Automatically turns on when only one player is playing, making it beatable with one person. (Right side is easier, try it first)

New Secret Hero: At 2000 kills you can earn the final secret hero, Elune's Advisor, a very fun hero to play in my opinion.

Balances: Health adjustments for some waves, made elementalist (secret hero) have much stronger skills,and added mana and health potions.

Have Fun

Level 8
Another "TheWarCenter.com" map that is awarded with Director's Choice, this makes 5 I believe.

TheWarCenter.com maps that you may have played:

- Defense of the Ancients (original by Eul)
- Battle of the Gods (original by Digimajik)
- Megalith (original by Archael)
- FFDX (original by Squallish)

Expect to see many more quality maps from TheWarCenter.com!

Wow this is a bit stupid i mean Darky hosts EVERYTHING we want and we write TWC.com on maps :?
However. i like this map a lot is preety cool! but make the attributes give sthing hp mana or whatever not only attack damage!

Level 1
i'm having difficulty downloading this map... it has errors when i download it... that's why i can't even open it... waaaa... help me guys... i want to play this map!

Level 6
Please explain your problems in more detailed manners.

An example would be;

I'm having a difficulty downloading this map. I really want to play it, but I can't download it. The problem seems to occur at #%...

or something like that. ^_^

Level 4
The Save/Load code was made by MrMaestro (sorry if I forgot you in the credits!) and has a few bugs in loading sometimes. Repeat your code a couple times if the first time doesn't work, that's what I do anyway. I've only had one code out of 10+ codes that hasn't worked.

@tjohnbridge - As for downloading error sounds like a wc3sear.ch problem with your computer or something, give me your email address and I'll mail it to you.

Level 2
I just have one complaint.

The minimap image. The elf on it. Is shemale.
Please make her female. :wink:

her face is male, her hips are male, and she has a P-nus :? =/

Level 1
This map is incredibly fun, and the unlockable archers give you a reason to keep playing.
To anyone who thinks the single-player is too hard: I've managed to beat it several times, on the hardest difficulty I think, using the Rogue. Who is kind of imba btw.

Level 4
The actuall combination list is not needed to complete the combo, double check your items and make sure you have all the necesary requirements.

@Tigris - Hmm intresting most people think the ranger is overpowered. However both the Ranger and Rogue are getting a nerf in the upcoming version, whereas the Naturalist will be given many more levels of her spells to make the archer actually useful in later levels.