• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Archeitectural Accurate Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So, I was thinking the other day, "Why can arrows pierce three foot-thick stone walls?", and it hit me; a map where certain structures only took damage from certain units, such as siege weaponry, and some structures took reduced damage from everything except siege, etc.

For example, the human Castle would only take damage from Demolishers, Siege Tanks, Mortar Teams, Tauren, and other hard-hitting stone-breaking units (HHSBing units), yet the Tree of Life would take reduced damage from everything (especially Archers) except HHSBing units.

Is this a good idea? It's entirely possible, as far as I know. I would use a 6/4 player melee map such as Lost Temple and modify it, keeping the races in-tact except for the structures. And by Hard-Hitting, I don't mean Siege damage dealing units (although most if not all of them would be included in that field), I mean units that could theoretically break the armor/fortifications of individual buildings.

Level 10
It's a perfect idea and I am sure I will like it when complete. But, why don't you make the map more realistic if you do so? For example add some units to other races as well? Humans have no normal Archer except from the Rifleman that is Dwarf. Orcs too! Undead and Night Elves need some allies, because Humans and Orcs have Elves/Dwarves and Trolls/Taurens! If you make a map like you said try balancing some more things. And you can also make a new Hero Unit for each race or a Champion Unit for each race costing more food and being stronger than normal units. And a rank system as well.
I hope I am not pressuring you. Anyway all of the above are some ideas that I hope that will help. If you like them you add them:)

Level 9
the normal game wouldnt need to be balanced, its the best balanced game ive ever seen on exept the fact that frost wyrms might just be a little to strong.

what would be cool is to make every unit a hero (without the dots on the map and the icon) to they get stronger when they kill more

Status
Not open for further replies.