• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane War Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Arcane war prealpha

Hallo guys, i try to make a map, who make a lot of fun for people, who like innovative Gameplays. My old work "Elementarcraft" is to hard for me to finished and its to laggy. Well i try to make a simpler map. My aim is to create a game, what is easy to learn and easy to play. Skilled players should of course win ofters than newbies, but it will be harder for them as games like starcraft or warcraft 3.

With this map i dont invent the wheel once again. Its like the custom map "battlefield" but its not typical one and just for two players now(I will make one for four Players later). You have just one building for spawn units. The units you spawn dont need resource, just time and everyone have specific abilitys.

The Map have three races for now(You can choose anyone); the empire(humanlike), the necromancers(undeadlike) and the beasts(Mythology). Each with nine unittypes(Beasts currently 8).

Latest Update:

Legend:
Simple ability
Costum ability
Not final Ability

Empire
Knight: hard defense against melee
Spearthrougher: hard defense against range
Berserker: infantery with explosive axe against ground and air
Caverlerist: first Strike deals critical damage
Priest: increase damage by level of target
Catapult: deals critical areadamage to enemys and allies
Ram: attack buildings only
Skyhunter: medium airunit with deadly damage against ground and air
Shotgunbomber: shock enemy groundunits under him after his death

Undeads
Canbibale: Eat corpses for fast regeneration,Spawn two ghuls when summon
Zombie: Slow movement but deal much damage
Undertaker: Summon meleewarriors from corpses, Reduce Damage of Towers
Funery Summoner: Summon ranged warriors from corpses
Creeper: Slow targets
Body Butcher: loos hitpoint when attacks, leave corpses, ghules or zombies when died(its not random, its like your playstyle)
Disease Convoi: damage orcanic enemy units in area over time
Skulldragon: Frooz mechanical units(no buildings) in the attacking area for some seconds
Sermonizer: Increase Mana of allied and enemy units, Stun his killer, change into Herald, when mana is full

Beasts
Ogre: change in a blue fasting attacking ogre when a other ogre die in closed position
Centaur: fast medium ranged unit
Spikepig: use spikes, wich explode after ten seconds, when they hit their target
Stomper: slam the ground, when he attacking(chance increased by higher number of enemy units in closed position)
Burner: use a poison, which increased the speed of enemy units
Golem: stun enemy units by hitting,summon two stonelings after his death
Wildking: increased attack-and movementspeed of nearly allied airunits, scream to the sky above him and reduce the damage of enemy airunits
Harphy: light ranged airunit with piercing damage

Also its exist eight types of towers and three types of obelisks; obelisk of water, obelisk of fire and obelisk of air. Each with nine mighty spells.

Legend:
Simple ability
Costum ability

Water
Shelter: Protect all units in the target area for physical damage. The affected units cant attack in this phase and go forward.
Illsuion: Make illusions of the target unit. This illusion does the same damage.
Rust: All enemy mechanical units and buildings in the target area take more damage for long time.
Proselytize: Take the controll of one enemy unit.
Deep Silence: Enemy Obelisks and Units cant cast spells for some seconds.
Flood: Summon two waves of water from the flanks of the battlefield. Each wave deals damage to enemy units in the line. In the target position the waves deals critical damage.
Plasticize: The target unit can attack faster and heals hitpoints for long time.

Fire
Blaze: Like Flamestrike, just longer duration and casttime.
Fury: Allied units deals more damage for some seconds.
Charge: Increase Speed of your next spawned units.
Spewsnake: Summon a immortal tower in the battlefield for long time. The tower have no sight.
Burning Sky: Damage airunits in the target area for some seconds.
Sunshining: Let show you the target area. Good in combination with spewsnakes.
Firestorm: Summon a uncontrable firestorm, which heal allied units and damage enemy units.

Air
Cloud: Its imposible for units and towers to attack in the cloud.
Tornado: Call a tornado, which get enemy units in the air and make them unusable and immortal for some seconds.
Eye of storm: Damage all unit in closed position out of the target area.
Airstrike: Stun groundunits in the target area. Increased stuntime per level of the affected units.
Chain of healing: Heals till six allied units.
Scatter: Decreased Damage of all units on the battlefield by 90%.
Frazzle: Destroy a allied unit to gain mana back. Increased the effect by higher level.

This map have a costum damagesystem(Names are not changed in the map yet).

DEADLY DAMAGE(Chaos)
UNARMORED take 100%
LIGHT ARMORED take 100%
MEDIUM ARMORED take 100%
HEAVY ARMORED take 100%
PIERCING DAMAGE(Normal)
UNARMORED take 75%
LIGHT ARMORED take 100%
MEDIUM ARMORED take 100%
HEAVY ARMORED take 75%
EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE(Siege)
UNARMORED take 75%
LIGHT ARMORED take 50%
MEDIUM ARMORED take 75%
HEAVY ARMORED take 100%
BLAZING DAMAGE(Piercing)
UNARMORED take 100%
LIGHT ARMORED take 100%
MEDIUM ARMORED take 75%
HEAVY ARMORED take 50%
In the final version, it will exist 4 Races each with 10 unittypes. Also it will come 2 more obelisks with special abilitys.

AI for Computerplayers are inclused. And let me say, they can conter the units, which you spawn. But they have a bad sense for using the spells of there obelisk.

Credits for models are listen in the quests.

Write what you think about the map and hints, ideas, bugreports or whatever are welcome. :)

Have fun with this Prealpha and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• Arcane War 0.51.w3x
    140.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Arcane War 0.55.w3x
    141.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Arcane War 0.7.w3x
    155.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 9
Dude, I think you would like this:

For the EMPIRE :

Shoveler - Removes corpses, low health, low MS.
-
Cleanser - Breaks down summoned (undead) units and turns them into a new soldier.( look at next unit )
-
Renewed Soldier - Weak unit, came from Cleanser , low damage , High MS
-
General - Very powerful unit, gives away big boost of damage and armor but when it dies it leaves permanent negative boost on surrounding allies

For the UNDEAD:

Ancient Vampire - Can Resurrect from the dead , gives an life stealing aura. but when it dies it gives a boost to the nearby enemies.

Tainted Murloc - Can jump high in the air to bring down air units

-------------------
P.S. I think you got wrong spelling on some, or is it just style?

P.P.S The wrong things are :

[Canibalale] -> [Cannibal?]
[Disease Convoi] -> [Disease Convoy?]
-------------------

Level 7
@Da Fist: Thank you for your reviewing. I find the Ideas of the Shoveler(But as ability for the priest) and the Tainted Murloc(But i dont know the trigger for this) rlly good. BTW it dont must be units for the existet races. You can just write all your ideas.

Cleanser - Breaks down summoned (undead) units and turns them into a new soldier.( look at next unit )

I dont want use spells speciality against Undeads

And thank you for the information about my wrong spelling.

Edit: Specially i need ideas for the berserker and for the death of the creeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.