• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Ritual - Multiplayer map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Nothing appeared when i clicked "Reveal"

I tried. The model didn't lose even a single byte of size after squishing. It worked with other models, but not this one. And yes you can use my UI, will upload it later to pastebin.
And about the strength - yes, that's why i didn't give him any heal. Plus he has no mana. He only has 400 stamina - and he cannot increase it with any items.

Thanks for letting me use your UI and BTW, good luck with your game.:grin: +REP!

Level 5

awww, my eyes hurt when reading this, separate it with paragraph, please. and on the credit list, it's all white, hard to read! but at least you did create a good credit list.

describe what is EN and what is PL in the map description,

and why Vargol cannot recover his stamina with items ? will his stamina's recover rate sufficient ?

this project sounds great !
About the description - i don't have an idea how would i seperate the gameplay description.

EN and PL are languages. But i will be uploading only EN versions soon. Only the final release will be translated to other languages.

Vargol cannot boost his stamina with items because he actually is very strong and if he would have a lot of mana & hp items he would be unstoppable - 40 strength at the beginning is a high amount. And yes his stamina will regenerate pretty quickly. Especially when out of combat for longer time.

I just noticed something...

630722_zpscd948b65.jpg

Lol

Level 5
Well, i tried but it didn't work. But nevermind, reyzu decreased this model's size for me and now it weights around 600KB. So i saved 400KB. Well this isn't too much but this is always some progress. I will compress a lot of textures, so maybe i will fit in 8MB's, but i'm afraid about the next releases. There will be 10 more heroes, so i will have a serious problem.

And i have some news about the Alpha 0.3:
- The release may delay, because it requires a lot of work
- There will be a new item shop system i mentioned before
- Except Rembrandt, Vargol and Garthog there will be two more new heroes - Endurion - Great Enchanter and Xeyorth - Arcane Elemental. Will introduce their character cards soon - maybe even today.
- Of course there will be new items
That's all at this moment. Stay connected like always to be sure that you will not miss any news!

Level 1
Wow, I see a promising map right here! Cool hero ideas your having, huh? Keep it up! You have my support. Here's a +REP!

BTW, If you need some terraining help, you can ask me for help! I am free.

Level 5
Wow, I see a promising map right here! Cool hero ideas your having, huh? Keep it up! You have my support. Here's a +REP!

BTW, If you need some terraining help, you can ask me for help! I am free.

Thank's for support! Terrain will be one of last things to do because of this map's type. This isn't a rpg, first i need to focus on heroes and fixing bugs.

Endurion's character card is now up.

Level 1
Thank's for support! Terrain will be one of last things to do because of this map's type. This isn't a rpg, first i need to focus on heroes and fixing bugs.

Endurion's character card is now up.

Wow, I see more heroes at the "Heroes Section"! Keep it up. Im really interested to see more heroes! Here's a +REP.

Level 5
I haven't post any news from around two weeks. For those who are waiting for it, i can say that the hardest part is almost done. A lot of triggering but i think it will pay off, item shop system is almost ready, just some boring copy paste replace job left. Also i'm planning to revamp one of heroes, but i still don't have the model. I'm waiting till someone will accept my request. So here's the current ToDo:
- Make new skills for that hero
- Fix some bugs with triggering spells
- Finish item shop system
- Do some AoS triggers

And BTW. i have a request. Big request. I need a good AoS terrain. Tried to make one by myself but i'm not very good at it so i will need some help. I need it for next week. I cannot really give a decent reward, so it will be just a +REP and the strongest creep will be named after the terrainer.
For more information, PM me.

You can expect the release near the end of November/early December. I know, a lot of time but that really isn't easy to create a good map quickly when you have to learn a lot.

Level 5
It seems this thread is dead. No responses, anything. This project actually looks abandoned now and while i'm working on the map, no one cares about it. Really if this will get no replies, i will be forced to abandon it.

Level 5
I will not abandon this if people will subscribe to this thread and will reply to my posts sometimes. Right now your post was first post here in this month from other user than me. When the project was around alpha 0.2 state, people were commenting on the heroes, they even picked who will appear in alpha 0.3 and now i'm sure that after i will release a0.3, they will not even download the map to play the hero that they picked.

Level 5
Well i added Xeyorth month ago and he didn't get any comments. And actually i have some news. Jack Caster will get reworked. I will post some more info about it later.
Also i have found out that some characters are really overpowered, and some other underpowered, i will change it too. Here is complete list of skill and attribute changes in heroes:
- Global -
- Attribute gain per level will be decreased by 50%
- Basic attack cooldown will be slightly increased
- Most armor bonuses higher than 15 will be decreased a bit

- Zoragon -
- Fireball will deal more damage at low levels - 70/90/110/130/150
- Searing Chains now last 3 seconds instead of 5
- Fire Storm deals 300/500/700 damage now

- Bagrag -
- Axe Throw will deal 100 damage

- Errdegahr -
- Chaos Power will not deal chaos damage
- Elemental Clash will deal lower damage - 30/50/70/90/110

- Fallaner -
- Accusation's stun will last shorter - 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds

- Trodd Brawny Arm -
- Bash's stun will last shorter - 1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds

- Zuben -
- Blink's distance will not change along the level. Instead, it will give passive lifesteal bonus that changes along with the level - 2/4/6/8/10%
- Assasination now will slow the target by 80%

- Gragash -
- Ensnare will last 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5 seconds
- Stasis Trap's stun will last 0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds
- Explosive Coctail will deal 10/20/30/40/50 dps

- Morgen -
- Laser Beam will deal 800/900/1000 damage

- Ash'Netbek -
- War Stomp's stun will last 0.25/0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25 seconds now

- Pavlo -
- Conuter Attack's stun will last 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds
- Debilitating Blow will last 0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds

Last edited:
Level 5
This is how Jack Caster's skills will look like after rework:
Jack Caster - Rebel Sorceror
29c11xt.jpg

Character classification: Warrior, Melee, Ranged
Main attribute: Strength

Attributes:
28001au.jpg
----------
24o6nm8.jpg
--------

Abilities:
icons_15717_pas.jpg

(Passive, Init) Force of the Will
Every point of Will gives you 0.1 armor bonus and 0.20% spell resistance bonus. Everytime Jack Caster uses a skill, he gets 10 Will points.

icons_13593_btn.jpg

(Melee Stance) Breaking Storm
First use: Instead of next melee attack, Jack Caster will attack three times, dealing 10/20/30/40/50 additional damage per slash and slowing the opponent by 10/20/30/40/50% for 3 seconds.
Second use: Jack Caster will spin around and send three waves that deal 50/75/100/125/150 to every target.
Third use: Jack Caster will slam his swords onto the ground and create three shockwaves in front of him. Each shockwave deals 100/150/200/250/300 damage.
Will bonus: Jack Caster will get additional 30/35/40/45/50 armor and 50/55/60/65/70% magic resistance when using the skill.
Unleash bonus: Jack Caster will strike five times, and create five waves instead of three. Also, first usage will stun the target and second and third will knock the targets airbone.

icons_6313_btn.jpg

(Melee Stance) Whirlwind
Jack Caster will spin to the target area, slashing all units on his way, dealing them 60/70/80/90/100 magic damage and slowing them down by 30/35/40/45/50% for 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds.
Will bonus: The slow will last 1 second longer.
Unleash bonus: Jack Caster will deal additional 30 chaos damage and stun enemies instead of slowing them down.

icons_10874_btn.jpg

(Ranged Stance) Ice Blast
Deals 60/70/80/90/100 magic damage to single target and slows him down by 40/50/60/70/80% for 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds.
Will bonus: The slow will affect enemies surrounding the target.
Unleash bonus: Jack Caster will deal additional 40 chaos damage, stun the target instead of slowing him down.

icons_8411_btn.jpg

(Ranged Stance) Izaac's Missile Storm
Throws a magic missile at every enemy in target AoE. Each missile deals 40/50/60/70/80 damage.
Will bonus: Jack Caster will throw 2 additional missiles.
Unleash bonus: Jack Caster throws 2 additional missiles at every target.

icons_15793_btn.jpg

Sorceror's Experience
Switches between melee and ranged stance. While changing stances, Jack Caster gets additional 30/35/40/45/50 Will points.

icons_13921_btn.jpg

(Melee Stance) !Ulitimate! Rage
Deals 300/400/500 chaos damage to nearby enemies, gets additional 50/75/100 will points, increases armor by 15/20/25, spell resistance by 10/15/20% and gives Jack Caster the Unleash for 10 seconds. When this skill is on cooldown, the Sorceror's Experience cannot be used.

icons_6486_btn.jpg

(Ranged Stance) !Ulitimate! Hellball
Channels for 4 seconds, slowing nearby enemies down by 80%. If used during the channeling, Jack Caster can throw the Hellball at any place at the map, dealing 800/1000/1200 damage to every enemy in AoE and getting the Unleash for 10 seconds. If the Hellball wasn't used, at the end of channeling Jack Caster deals 800/900/1000 damage to nearby enemies and stuns them for 2.0/2.5/3.0 seconds. When this skill is on cooldown, the Sorceror's Experience cannot be used.

Now he will have Force of Will instead of mana. Force of Will doesn't regenerate, he must get it by casting spells. He can have up to 100 Will points. When he gets 100 Will points, his skills have additional effects, but cost 100 Will.
His skills can deal a lot of damage if used properly, but because of their long cooldowns, they cannot be spammed. His basic strategy should be keeping 100 Will points to get a lot of armor and magic resistance, to ensure he will keep his lane (in AoS version) or that he will defend his tower or altar (in Ritual version), and when it will come to a biggest fight, he should start using all of his skills. But if he will miss some of his AoE abilities, he can have no Will points left and can be easily shut down, because his skills will be on cooldown.

I hope you will like this new Jack Caster.

Last edited:
Level 12
have you tried posting on Project Recruitment section ? these might help.

and it's indeed really hard to find a terrainer, i also helping my friend to find terrainer.
just don't give up on this.

and what's 'lot of things don't work' exactly ? maybe i could help you.

Level 5
First of all sorry for late reply but had a lot of studying, that's most important to me. Now i have two weeks free so i can finish the map.

Example of things that don't work were Xeyorth skills. The weapon-switch skill crashed the game - i deleted it and now i'm doing this ability from beginning. This is just an example, there are more bugs, it would take me an hour to describe them all here. But i will try to fix them. But worst thing is that no-one took my terrain and model request. I need new model for Jack Caster but no-one replied to my thread in Requests forum. So i must use standard Demon Hunter model and animations - it will look a bit weird. And of course a thing that makes all Warcraft mappers sick - map size limit. I am still afraid i will exceed it and i don't know what can i compress this time. Last time i compressed most of textures, so now there isn't anything to compress.

Level 5
Just to let you know, even though i didn't post anything, it doesn't mean progress isn't going forward. Just two more heroes to do (re-do actually), and some terraining and it will be there. Expect Alpha 0.3 in two weeks, that's probably the final date.

Last edited:
Level 5
First of all i am happy to see some comments again, that really motivated me.
Right now i am trying to make the AoS map look decent. Then some tests and it should be ready 29th of this month around 9 PM (in Polish time).

And one more thing - i think it's important announcement:
I have tested the multiboard shop system multiplayer, and it's broken. I have tried to find a bug but there are so much triggers that i just lost myself, so i said screw it and instead of it i will just add normal Arcane Vault shops, but with one change - items now will be divided into Tiers instead of Damage, Mana etc.

There will be 4 tiers at the moment (3 tiers - basic, advanced, epic and seperate supplies tier). Basic items are these that don't have any reagents. Advanced items are made from atleast one basic item. Epic items are made from atleast one advanced item. Supplies will be potions, sight wards etc.

I hope that it will be easier to find items in tier shops.

Last edited:
Level 5
Arcane Ritual AoS Alpha 0.3.1EN

Small update:
- Jack Caster's Hellball and Breaking Storm now work properly
- The Arcane Ritual interface now shows up instead of default one
- Icons of Xeyorth's abilities have been fixed (Thunder Form, Inner Fire and Energy Field all had Thunder Form's icon)
- Debug messages are no longer displayed when Jack Caster is using Breaking Storm or Isaac Missile Storm

Please download and report here about the bugs. Post your opinions.

Level 5
Here is the newest hero:

18453872a8b00199df496760cbe97dc6a20ee0a4.jpg

Fuseeno - Demented Deciever
184538711f52318f854b2c4ebcdcd7646c244c08.png

Character classification: Carry, Stealth, Nuker, Melee
Main attribute: Agility

Attributes:
28001au.jpg
--------
24o6nm8.jpg
----------
34no26c.jpg
------

Abilities:
icons_10422_pas.jpg

(Passive, Init) Disappear
After 5 seconds out of fight, Fuseeno goes invisible.

icons_7460_btn.jpg

Telesmash
Fuseeno teleports behind the targeted unit and knocks it into his previous location, dealing 70/80/90/100/110 physical damage. Then he teleports back there.

icons_12129_btn.jpg

Decieve
Creates a clone that follows the targeted enemy for 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 seconds, and then disappears. Immediatly activates Disappear.

icons_9589_btn.jpg

Ice Block
Throws an ice block at the target, dealing 50/55/60/65/70 magic damage, ministunning it and slowing down by 5/10/15/20/25% for 1.5 seconds.

icons_6380_btn.jpg

!Ultimate! One Man Army
Creates clones that quickly dash into all enemy heroes on the map and deal 600/700/800 magic damage to them.

Level 5
Is anyone still interested in this map? I am between versions alpha 0.4 and alpha 0.5 already, i had no internet but i worked on it, so do you want me to post regular updates or just upload the map after i will finish first beta version?

Level 5
Hmm... right now i have a version that is between those two. Wait a second, i will upload it as it is right now. Also thanks for replying, i have to make this thread alive again.

EDIT: Here is the download link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=6mm001
I am not posting it into main post, for this is just a snapshot and it was never supposed to be uploaded.

- In this version i have removed the UI because of 8mb limit that i almost exceed everytime, but i will try to bring it back if there will be free space.
- I also started working on spellbooks. They are near the item shops. One can select two spellbooks and then the rest becomes unavailable. This is similar to summoner's spells in League of Legends, shortcuts are F2 and F3 (i used dummy heroes for this). BUT AS FOR THE VERY MOMENT, ONLY THE WAR SPELLBOOK WORKS!
- I don't recommend using Q'Areb Zareg's (Almighty Titan) ultimate too often, for it will crash the game after some uses. I am working on this issue.
- The fountains don't work. They don't restore neither health nor mana. That's because i removed the abilities from them and i was about to change regeneration system, so it would regenerate % health instead of flat value, and so it wouldn't regenerate mana in case of heroes like Jack Caster or Rodon Reynn, who use other resources, but in code their resource is still recognized as mana.
- Garthog is screwed up, i will be reworking him to a simple necromancer as fast as possible because he is causing too many problems
- When Jack Caster is changing stances, his armor increases permamently. I will have to use different stance changing system. Same with Xeyorth.
- This may be a little annoying, in some spells i have screwed up location variables, so for example when you want to dash to someone, it will send you to center of the map. But it happened to me just once with Rodon Reynn's Impaling Dash.

I think this is it. I will try to fix all these bugs. If you find more - report, so i will be able to fix them too, and maybe then the map will become playable after one or two versions.

Level 5
Alpha 0.5 is coming next week. I have already finished the heroes, added attack damage and spellpower scalings on new abilities. I just need to remake some old abilities so they will scale with sp/ad too and finish the spellbooks. I will not remake Garthog in this version for i don't have a complete idea of his new skills. Jack Caster's stance changing will be redone in 0.6, right now i just fixed the breaking storm bug that didn't let you to use it more often than once in a match (pretty long cooldown, lol).

I will update first post when i will have time, for when i have some time that i can spend on developing my map, the actual map takes priority over that post.

And i have an announcment, i think it will be better if i announce it right now than later, even though it will be done in future...

Final version of Arcane Ritual will include a launcher! Map will weigh much less megabytes. Launcher would check for updates and if Arcane Ritual wasn't up to date, it would ask user if he wants to update right now. This launcher would support LanCraft. But the main point of creating this launcher is to bypass the 8MB limit. It is annoying me since day one. Launcher would change the registry key for Wc3 in order to enable local files. And then it would put Arcane Ritual custom files - models, textures, etc. into main Wc3 directory, disable all the maps and custom campaigns for this run, and enable just Arcane Ritual. After the player exited, launcher would bring back normal Wc3. So simply - launcher would turn Wc3 into dedicated mode just to run Arcane Ritual. With this launcher, there will be a lot more custom models and i will not have to worry about the limits. What do you think about that? Will it work?

Btw. Happy new year! My resolution for this year is to create Arcane Ritual 1.0 - final, stable version without bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.