• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Battle for Mount Hyjal Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is my first project ever, and I hope it will be a successful one! Without further ado, I present...

Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal

This shall be a 5-player version, where each player controls a single unit based on World of Warcraft's classes (Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Mage, Warlock and Priest). These players have to work together to fight off the Legion's forces from reaching the World Tree, battling waves of increasingly difficult enemies and bosses according to the CoT bosses (Rage Winterchill, Anetheron for Jaina's Base, Kaz'rogal and Azgalor for Thrall's Base and Archimonde for the Night Elves' Base).

I am planning long-term for more WoW 5-man raid maps in the future, where loot obtained from any of the maps (including this one!) can be loaded into the heroes you control. Of course, I will have to see the feedback from this one first.

The terrain is based loosely on WoW - CoT's Battle for Mount Hyjal.

l2Bpdoi.jpg

The heroes the player controls are normal units, meaning they do not have Str/Agi/Int stats, as well as levels. This is an attempt to capture the World of Warcraft best-geared (at the level to do this raid, anyway) idea. Heroes have their 'mana' adjusted based on their WoW counterparts (e.g. Warrior has 100 max rage (mana), with a -1 mps rate, and gains mana based on stance).

Note: Unit 'spam' is justified. A single wave of 6 Ghouls, 4 Crypt Fiends and 2 Necromancers (based on the wave before Rage Winterchill) was able to destroy the entire front defense and half of the second group of Jaina's Defenders, if the players do not aid the defenders.

Current stage of development: It's time to release! Check it out on the Maps section: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/battle-mount-hyjal-239853/?prev=status%3Dp

Note: Damage against armor type is as follows:
Hero - Full damage against all armor types. Used by heroes.
Normal - 2x damage against Light, 1.5x damage against Medium, 0.7x against Large. Used by normal enemies.
Chaos - 3x damage against Light, 2x damage against Medium, 1x damage against Large. Used by bosses.

Warrior
kT4kALt.jpg

Most durable of all heroes, excellent tank. Has Berserker and Defender stances, which have different abilities. Uses Rage for abilities, which drains at a rate of 1 Rage per second.

Health - 60000 (1000/s)
Rage - 100 (-1/s)
Damage - 1500 (50d10s, 1s cd on Berserker, 2s cd on Defender)
Defense - 90 (Large)
Movement Speed - 340

Stance Dance - Switches between stances. [D]

Berserker Stance - Generates 3 Rage every time the Warrior attacks an enemy.
Sunder Armor - Reduces enemy armor by 25 on attack, lasts for 5 seconds. [Passive]
Focused Anger - 25% chance to deal 3x damage with every attack, and a separate 25% chance to generate 5 rage. [Passive]
Thunder Clap - Deals 5000 damage in a 300 AoE radius and slows enemy attack and movement speeds by 50% for 5 seconds. Drains 25 Rage.[Q]
Execute - Deals (300*Rage) damage to a single target. Drains all Rage. [W]
Whirlwind - Deals 2500 damage per second for 8 seconds in a 200 AoE radius around the Warrior. While casting Whirlwind, the Warrior cannot use spells but becomes immune to spells. Drains 60 Rage. [E]
Heroism - Increases the attack damage of all nearby allies by 150% for 30 seconds. Drains 95 Rage. [R]

Defender Stance - Generates 2 Rage every time an enemy attacks the Warrior.
Taunt - Taunts nearby enemies in a 500 AoE Radius to attack the Warrior. Heals 20% of the Warrior's maximum health. [F]
Deflection Armor - Reduces damage taken by 5000, to a minimum of 3000. [Passive]
Shield Slam - Deals 5000 damage to a single target and forces it to attack the Warrior. Drains 15 Rage. [Q]
Shield Wall - Takes 40% less damage for 5 seconds, but also attacks and moves slower by 50%. Drains 40 Rage. W]
Avatar - Gains magic immunity, 10000 maximum health and 50 armor for 10 seconds. Drains 75 Rage. [E]
Heroism - Gives all nearby allies in a 900 AoE radius 50 armor and 1000 health regeneration for 30 seconds. Drains 95 Rage. [R]

Note: Heroism in both forms do not share cooldowns. This is rationalized by the difficulty of building up so much rage. Yes, I know Heroism is a Shaman buff in WoW, but I've always felt it more appropriate for the Warrior to have it.

Death Knight
VwjyX92.jpg

Tank hero with damage dealing capabilities. Utilizes Rune Power, which can be gained by abilities.

Health - 55000 (1000/s)
Rune Power - 5 (0/s)
Damage - 1700 (30d10s, 1.4s cd)
Defense - 70 (Large)
Movement Speed - 320

Death Grip - Pulls a target enemy towards the Death Knight, dealing 10*Distance as damage. Generates 2 Rune Power. [D]
Unholy Frenzy - Doubles the Death Knight's attack speed for 10 seconds. [F]
Shadowstrike - Each attack has a 30% chance to deal 2x damage and a 40% chance to generate 1 Rune Power. [Passive]
Death Coil - Deals 8000 damage and bounces to a maximum of 5 targets. Heals the Death Knight by 1000*Rune Power after the cast. Costs 1 Rune Power. [Q]
Plague Strike - Deals 5000 damage to a single target, and an additional 2500 damage per 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The target's movement speed is slowed for the duration. Costs 2 Rune Power. [W]
Icebound Fortitude - Increases armor by 50 for 30 seconds, and causes melee attacks dealt to the Death Knight to slow the attacker's attack and movement speed. Costs 2 Rune Power. [E]
Vampirism - Gains 2000 damage and 300% lifesteal for 10 seconds. Costs 5 Rune Power. [R]

Paladin
AZcADcL.jpg

Tank hero with healing capabilities. Utilizes Mana.

Health - 50000 (1000/s)
Mana - 5000 (100/s)
Damage - 1300 (100d5s, 2s cd)
Defense - 80 (Large)
Movement Speed - 320

Ardent Defender - Reduces damage taken by 40% for 5 seconds. Costs 700 mana. [D]
Divine Guard - Channels an invulnerable shield around nearby allies for 5 seconds. Does not affect the Paladin. Costs 1000 mana. [F]
Devotion Aura - Increases nearby allies' armor by 25. [Passive]
Reckoning - Deals 3000 damage and forces the target to attack the Paladin. Costs 500 mana. [Q]
Blinding Light - Makes a target enemy and enemies around the target in a 300 AoE radius miss all attacks for 2 seconds. Costs 350 mana. [W]
Lay on Hands - Heals a target by 5000 and bounces to a maximum of 4 targets. Also heals the main target by 20% of the Paladin's maximum health. Costs 600 mana. [E]
Divine Shield - Gives the Paladin 1000 health regeneration and invincibility to physical attacks for 10 seconds. Costs 1000 mana. [R]

Rogue
0NfrvcQ.jpg

Deadly single-target damage dealer. Uses Combo points, which can be gained by attacking the same target repeatedly. If the Rogue switches attack targets, his combo points are reset to 0.

Health - 35000 (700/s)
Combo Points - 10 (0/s)
Damage - 2500 (30d10s, 1s cd)
Defense - 50 (Medium)
Movement Speed - 400

Stealth - The Rogue goes invisible for 20 seconds, and deals 5000 damage if breaking invisibility by attacking. [D]
Adrenaline - Increases the Rogue's attack and movement speeds by 50% for 10 seconds. [F]
Agile Fighter - The Rogue has a 20% chance to deal 4x damage and a 50% chance to evade enemy attacks. [Passive]
Revealing Strike - Deals 3500 damage and reduces armor by 25 for 5 seconds. Costs 3 Combo points. [Q]
Fan of Knives - Deals 4000 damage in a 400 AoE area. Costs 5 Combo points. [W]
Redirect - Switches the Rogue's current target, retaining Combo points. If his current target dies, he gains 20% max health and 2 Combo points. [E]
Killing Spree - Deals 3000 damage 10 times to enemies in a small area. Costs 10 Combo points. [R]

Hunter
plpihK0.jpg

Damage dealer with a pet that can deal damage and offtank. Uses Focus, which is gained by attacking.

Health - 30000 (700/s)
Focus - 100 (0/s)
Damage - 2000 (20d50s, 0.8s cd)
Defense - 60 (Medium)
Movement Speed - 370

Summon Dire Wolf - Summons a Dire Wolf that also utilizes Focus to aid the Hunter in battle. Costs 30 Focus.[D]
Wolf abilities
Howl of Terror - Reduces enemy attack by 30% in a 600 AoE area. Costs 20 Focus. [Q]
Prowl - The Dire Wolf becomes invisible, moving 30% slower. Deals 5000 damage on breaking invisibility, lasts 20 seconds. Costs 20 Focus. [W]
Critical Strike - The Dire Wolf's attacks have a 30% chance to deal 3x damage. [Passive]

Trueshot Aura - Increases allies' damage by 20% in a 600 AoE radius. [Passive]
Split Shot - The Hunter fires a 2000 damage arrow at up to 4 other targets when she attacks. [Passive]
Burning Arrows - The Hunter's main attacks deal an extra 2500 spell damage. Costs 2 Focus. [Q]
Glaive Toss - The Hunter hurls 5 glaives, each homing to a nearby enemy and dealing 4000 damage. Costs 25 focus. [W]
Shoot to Kill - The Hunter fires a shot that deals 5000 damage. If the target's life is lower than 30%, it deals an extra 25000 damage. Costs 40 Focus. [E]
Aspect of the Hawk - Gains 50% movement speed and maximum attack speed for 5 seconds. Costs 90 Focus. [R]

Mage
FfGfeQI.jpg

Damage dealer adept at dealing area of effect damage. Utilizes mana.

Health - 27000 (500/s)
Mana - 10000 (200/s)
Damage - 1100 (25d50s, 2.6s cd)
Defense - 70 (Small)
Movement Speed - 330

Arcane Explosion - Deals 5000 damage in a 300 AoE area around the Mage. Costs 700 Mana. [D]
Arcane Flash - Causes a target enemy and enemies around the target in a 300 AoE area to miss 30% of attacks and attack 25% slower for 5 seconds. Costs 500 Mana. [F]
Time Warp - Increases the attack and movement speed of allies in a 600 AoE area by 25%. [Passive]
Frost Nova - Deals 5000 damage to a target enemy and 3500 damage to enemies around the target in a 300 AoE area. Costs 500 mana. [Q]
Blizzard - Channels 10 waves of ice shards to fall over a 500 AoE area, dealing 1000 damage per wave. Channeling. Costs 800 Mana. [W]
Pyroblast - Deals 5000 damage to a target enemy. Costs 500 mana. [E]
Dragon's Breath - Deals 5000 damage in a cone. If an affected target is blinded by Arcane Flash, it deals an additional 500 damage per second for 10 seconds. Costs 1000 mana. [R]

Warlock
M0h2yrf.jpg

Damage dealer that uses demonic slaves and destructive fire magics. Utilizes mana.

Health - 25000 (500/s)
Mana - 10000 (100/s)
Damage - 1000 (30d50s, 3s cd)
Defense - 80 (Small)
Movement Speed - 330

Life Tap - Sacrifices health to restore mana to the maximum at a 1:1 ratio. 10 second cooldown. [D]
Banish - Banishes a target, causing it to be immune to physical attacks but cannot attack and take 40% more damage and healing from spells for 5 seconds. Costs 700 mana. [F]
Unholy Aura - Increases nearby allies' movement speed by 30% and life regeneration by 100%. [Passive]
Summon Felguard - Summons a Fel Guard with 20000 health, 60 Plate armor and 3000-4000 Hero damage. The Fel Guard has Cleaving Attack and Critical Strikes. The Fel Guard lasts permanently. Costs 1000 mana. [Q]
Rain of Fire - Deals 1500 damage per wave for 5 waves over a 400 AoE area. Affected enemies take 300 damage per second for 10 seconds. Costs 900 mana. [W]
Immolation - Deals 800 damage per second to enemies around the Warlock in a 600 AoE radius. Costs 300 mana per second. [E]
Summon Infernal - Summons an infernal with 40000 health, 50 Plate armor and 10000 damage for 60 seconds. Costs 1000 mana + 50% of current mana. [R]

Shaman
b9X6bns.jpg

Healer with some damage dealing abilities. Utilizes mana.

Health - 23000 (500/s)
Mana - 10000 (150/s)
Damage - 1000 (20d30s, 2.3s cd)
Defense - 40 (Medium)
Movement Speed - 320

Chain Lightning - Deals 2000 damage and bounces to 5 targets. Each bounce reduces the damage dealt by 30%. Costs 500 mana. [D]
Searing Totem - Summons a Searing Totem for 10 seconds that deals 2000 Hero damage every 0.25 seconds. Costs 1000 mana. [F]
Reincarnation - Revives the Shaman if he dies after 3 seconds. Has a very long cooldown. [Passive]
Greater Healing Wave - Heals a target by 15000 health and bounces to 4 more targets, healing 20% less per bounce. Costs 500 mana. [Q]
Spirit Link - Links up to 10 allied units together, causing 50% of damage taken to be dispersed amongst the linked units. Costs 1000 mana. [W]
Healing Ward - Summons a healing ward that heals allies in a 600 AoE radius by 5% maximum health for 10 seconds. Costs 800 mana. [E]
Purge - Removes ALL buffs and debuffs from a target ally. Costs 600 mana. [R]

Druid
v4NIjhY.jpg

Damage dealer with some healing capabilities. Utilizes mana.

Health - 30000 (800/s)
Mana - 10000 (100/s)
Damage - 1700 (25d50s, 2s cd)
Defense - 50 (Medium)
Movement Speed - 350

Rejuvenation - Heals a target ally by 20000 over 10 seconds. Costs 500 mana. [D]
Tranquility - Heals 4000 health per second in a 900 AoE radius for 20 seconds. Costs 1000 mana. Channeling. [F]
Thorns Aura - Returns 15% melee damage to enemy attackers, 600 AoE radius. [Passive]
Moonfire - Each attack is increased in damage by 3000 spell damage. Costs 200 mana. [Q]
Moonbeam Eclipse - Deals 3000 damage in a 400 AoE area. Affected enemies take 1000 damage per second for 10 seconds. Costs 1000 mana. [W]
Force of Nature - Summons 4 Treants with 5000 health, 20 Plate armor and 1000 Hero damage. Lasts 45 seconds. Costs 500 Mana. [E]
Starfall - Channels 2000 damage per second in a 800 AoE area for 15 seconds. Costs 1000 mana. [R]

Priest
ai8mrma.jpg

Excellent Healer that can change forms to become a damage dealer. Utilizes mana.

Health - 20000 (700/s)
Mana - 10000 (200/s)
Damage - 1300 (20d50s, 2.2s cd)
Defense - 30 (Small)
Movement Speed - 320

Shadow Form/Holy Form - Shifts between Shadow and Holy forms. Costs 1000 mana. [D]

Holy Form
Holy Shackles - Slows a target enemy's attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds. Costs 500 mana. [F]
Meditation - Increases mana regeneration by 100% while in Holy Form. [Passive]
Heal - Heals a target ally by 2000 health, autocast-able. Costs 300 mana. [Q]
Greater Heal - Heals a target ally by 10000 health. Costs 600 mana. [W]
Inner Fire - Increases a target ally's damage by 30% and armor by 30. Lasts 30 seconds. Costs 300 mana. [E]
Prayer of Healing - Heals 5000 per second in a 1000 AoE area for 10 seconds. Channeling. After the channel, the Priest loses all mana. Costs 1000 mana. [R]

Shadow Form
Mana Drain - Drains 1000 mana per second from a target enemy. Lasts 10 seconds. [F]
Mana Disruption - Each attack destroys 500 mana, dealing the same damage to the target. [Passive]
Mind Sear - Deals 3000 damage to a target enemy and enemies around the target in a 200 AoE area. Costs 400 mana. [Q]
Mind Blast - Deals 4000 damage to up to 10 targets. Costs 500 mana. [W]
Psychic Scream - Deals 3000 damage in a 500 AoE area. Costs 500 mana. [E]
Insanity's Climax - Consumes all current Mana to deal (Mana*3) damage to a target enemy unit. [R]

Overview of gameplay area.
wwOTmlJ.jpg

Heroes.
tKgoCJw.jpg

Here is the first part of the terraining, Jaina's Base.
iH4R6LT.jpg

Note that the Green Boxes of Death are model-less units that provide vision for the players, because regions are square :vw_unimpressed:

Chokepoint at Jaina's Base entrance, with 3 Ironforge Bombsquads [Note: NERFED TO 1 BOMBSQUAD] on an overlooking hill.
45QE1cv.jpg

Thrall's Base, with the Warchief himself gazing on his forces.
FCCDs93.jpg

Entrance to Thrall's Base, heavily guarded.
QAxIsWb.jpg

Overview of Thrall's Base.
R4OCZVE.jpg

Ashenvale's Base entrance. I imagine those ancients to be like those wizened grandpas who yell 'Get off mah lawn!'.
dSdug7P.jpg

More Ashenvale Base.
Byd71UJ.jpg

High Priestess Tyrande and the final defenses against Archimonde. We're all doomed.
zftwT7M.jpg

Ashenvale's Base Overview.
Qe4ayq4.jpg

Note: A lot of the materials I have used were downloaded nearly 2 years ago, I have forgotten where I acquired them, if you see your materials used, please inform me and I shall add you into the credits!

Models
Battle Priest.mdx (Paladin) - Tranquil
GeneralHeroGlow.mdx (Hero Glow effect) - Unknown
Sword_2H_Frostmourne.mdx (Death Knight attachment) - Unknown
ScourgeMaleRogue.mdx (Rogue) - Spasmaster
Death Knight on foot (Death Knight) - kuhneghetz
Talgath.mdx (Archimonde) - Unknown
Bladestorm.mdx (Warrior's Whirlwind effect) - JetFangInferno
TimeAura.mdx (Mage Time Warp Aura) - Unknown
Skins
Icons
BTNSpellHolyLayOnHands.blp (Paladin Lay on Hands) - Blizzard Entertainment
BTNSpellHolyPowerWordShield.blp (Paladin Ardent Defender *YES I KNOW I'M NOT USING THE RIGHT ICON*) - Blizzard Entertainment
BTNAbilityRogueSprint.blp (Rogue Adrenaline) - Blizzard Entertainment
BTNAbilityRogueStealth.blp (Rogue Stealth) - Blizzard Entertainment
BTNAbilityRogueSliceAndDice.blp (Rogue Killing Spree) - Blizzard Entertainment
BTNAbilityRogueShiv.blp (Rogue Revealing Strike) - Blizzard Entertainment
PASSupremeAgility.blp (Rogue Agile Fighter) - CRAZYRUSSIAN
PASMultipleShot.blp (Hunter Split Shot) - Mr.Goblin
PASAstralCalendar.blp (Mage Time Warp) - 67chrome
BTNHolyAngel.blp (Priest Prayer of Healing) - Blizzard Entertainment
Spells/Systems
Death Grip (Death Knight's Death Grip) - Bluebay
Omnislash (Rogue's Killing Spree) - f0rsak3n
Fury Darts (Hunter's Glaive Toss) - Beast
Telekinesis[GUI] (Archimonde's Air Burst) - Paladon
Clear Command (-clear) - bowser499 a.k.a. DUOS
Miscellanous
First reply to thread, Alpha Tester - Hell Master
Teaching me about the importance of removing leaks, and how to do so - Spasmaster
Alpha Tester - Kaney

Last edited:
Level 30
Death Knight included in units you control? Dude, it is an undead therefore with the Legion. BTW, the project looks good though I suggest give us more information and possible not wall of texts but make it quite formal to look at. Add BB Codes to make it quite decent and also add some more screenshot to support your infos. SO we could know if you are really working in it.

That is all and good luck! +4 REP to start off.

Level 30
Ok, Saw the screenies and they are quite good though if I will be more strict in jugding it in terrain, still looks good though I suggest is add some doodads or decors to remove the emptiness of the terrain and also be unit wise, dont spam them too much. Gives unwanted results. Thats all! =)

Level 3
Ok, Saw the screenies and they are quite good though if I will be more strict in jugding it in terrain, still looks good though I suggest is add some doodads or decors to remove the emptiness of the terrain and also be unit wise, dont spam them too much. Gives unwanted results. Thats all! =)

I just started this noon (current time is 9 P.M.) :p These are just first drafts, and I haven't really balanced the units yet. Thanks for yet another awesome response!

@Hell_Master: There are a few death knights that broke off the Lich King's will:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Knights_of_the_Ebon_Blade

@Gx_Requiem: Looks pretty neat. However, the damage seems immensely high. 3k and 5k attacks? The enemies must have quite a bit of health! It is not really much of an issue though, except when the health becomes too high to be visible.

In accordance to that^, I have a question: how much hp and mana will an average hero have? :) You listed the costs of things but I can't get a proper perspective without knowing how much the norm is.

The classes are pretty cool. I'd probably have the most fun with the dk, I like the idea behind damage/healing abilities.

I look forward to seeing the other class abilities. Good luck on your project!

Level 7
Hmm, im making similar map, but it looks good, i might try it out later :D
But also: Shaman = AoE dealer? I played shammy only on Vanilla, but he was as AoE as Rogue :D (i guess they changed it? :D)

And i guess i should leave answering to PurgeAndFire to you, but ill just say, that my Hunter in WoW TBC had 8-10k HP (warrior might have.. 15k? Not more than 20k for sure), but he was still far from Hyjal, and Archimonde has apparently 4,5 million HP :D (and itwas meant for.. 10 people? now old wowhead says 25. i thought it was 10.)

Level 3
@Gx_Requiem: Looks pretty neat. However, the damage seems immensely high. 3k and 5k attacks? The enemies must have quite a bit of health! It is not really much of an issue though, except when the health becomes too high to be visible.

In accordance to that^, I have a question: how much hp and mana will an average hero have? :) You listed the costs of things but I can't get a proper perspective without knowing how much the norm is.

The classes are pretty cool. I'd probably have the most fun with the dk, I like the idea behind damage/healing abilities.

I look forward to seeing the other class abilities. Good luck on your project!

Thanks for your reply, +REP! I'm not going for WoW scaling, because world editor can go up to 500k only. FYI, Archimonde has 300k HP. I have updated the Heroes section with detailed numbers. Also,

Hmm, im making similar map, but it looks good, i might try it out later :D
But also: Shaman = AoE dealer? I played shammy only on Vanilla, but he was as AoE as Rogue :D (i guess they changed it? :D)

The text about heroes without 'hidden' tags are just placeholders, they will probably change when I actually start creating those Heroes. Thanks for reply, +REP!

Note: I am weird. I have never played WoW, yet I know most important lore up to MoP. Go figure.

Last edited:
Level 30
It has been long time I did not see through this thread and I have just read through the thread descriptions and I like the hero descriptions you posted and their skills best fits them. I like how you made priest have its counterpart, the sin itself, darkness form.

Though even the heroes looks epic and such, I dont like how you raised the overall stats having a start of 10k plus. I suggest stick with 1-150 stats points. But I do think its based on how you design your game so its overall up to you. BTW, +4 REP!

Level 30
HI there, GX. Thanks for letting me test with you your ALPHA map and Im satisfied with the map. It might be simple but it is enjoyable. So here will be my review for this one:

Concept/Idea:
The map looks great and I see you based it on some wc3 lore is it and for me you perfectly conveyed it and I did notice this has the exact story of the map Twilight of the Gods map though in a form of a defense-like map.

Terrain:
The terrain looks decent though it could use some more decors and such. I know you fear of putting some decors because you think it is quite wrong but do not worry, you can always try experimenting and when your not satisfied, just click the "Undo" Button at WE. That's the only bad thing I noticed. The emptiness of the map.

Gameplay:
The game has a great and interesting thing in it. The heroes are nicely done for me. Even they have quite wc3-like abilities that is just a little bit modifed and yet you showed that even how simple a thing is that it can still be useful. You made that through the damage formula each skills dealt. It can be based on different stats. Also, I like how you transfer bases each period at game. It really feels like a full fledge war.

Though the bad points are, the game can be beaten even not in 3 players as what you said. I suggest making it hard a little though not too much. The boss has high HP and mana which makes them quite intimidating and hard though if we will actually imagine its not. They dont use much skills to make them a harder and interesting boss but they rely on just spam attacking and cast spell not that often. Also is quite a disadvantage fighting air units for they come through mountains and units cannot go there due to the pathing blockers which makes it quite a disadvantage for melee attackers.

Concept/Idea: 4/5
Terrain: 3/5
Gameplay: 3/5

Total: 10/15 = 4/5
Additional: +4 REP

Review template originally by Remixer. Thanks!

Level 3
Thank you, THANK YOU for the review! I will address your issues one by one now.
Concept/Idea:
The map looks great and I see you based it on some wc3 lore is it and for me you perfectly conveyed it and I did notice this has the exact story of the map Twilight of the Gods map though in a form of a defense-like map.
Yes, this map is based on the Battle for Mount Hyjal in World of Warcraft, or the WC3 version Twilight of the Gods. http://wowpedia.org/Battle_for_Mount_Hyjal

Terrain:
The terrain looks decent though it could use some more decors and such. I know you fear of putting some decors because you think it is quite wrong but do not worry, you can always try experimenting and when your not satisfied, just click the "Undo" Button at WE. That's the only bad thing I noticed. The emptiness of the map.
I shall endeavour to add doodads and decorations to spice up the terrain. Will post terrain when I am satisfied with it.

Though the bad points are, the game can be beaten even not in 3 players as what you said. I suggest making it hard a little though not too much. The boss has high HP and mana which makes them quite intimidating and hard though if we will actually imagine its not. They dont use much skills to make them a harder and interesting boss but they rely on just spam attacking and cast spell not that often. Also is quite a disadvantage fighting air units for they come through mountains and units cannot go there due to the pathing blockers which makes it quite a disadvantage for melee attackers.[/COLOR]
This is a quote taken verbatim from the Wowpedia page of Battle for Mount Hyjal (see above link):

"The following table shows the individual wave compositions. Note that during waves 2 and 4 before Kaz'rogal, the gargoyles spawn towards the back of the Horde camp and must be dragged to the front by ranged DPS. "

The flying units are supposed to attack from the mountains, as an ambush. Though I suppose making their attack range shorter to help melee would be fine and dandy.

All in all, I thank you for taking your time to help me test the map and for the awesome review (HOW did you type all that in so short a time? We just finished testing :goblin_jawdrop:), +REP!

Status
Not open for further replies.