• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Ritual - Multiplayer map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5

Hey, no fair! It's probably Lich ( Kel'thuzad )

Sin'dorei was first and correct! But Da Fist also was right - it is also Kel'Thuzad model. So why do not give you both REP+? (Da Fist - i will give you later because now i need to spread some points before giving it to you again after i gave you rep for Morgen)

So you will have your own items:
Sin'dorei's Veil - it will give an Armor/HP boost and also you will be able to activate it to gain temporary magic immunity
Da Fist - it will be a glove that will give large critical strike chance, attack speed and life steal bonuses, it also will have active ability that makes the target bleed

Maybe one more time?
He is a naga and he is a melee fighter.

Level 5
Yes it's a Royal Guard! REP+ to both of you.

Items will be:
Allain's Hammer - Damage/HP bonus and passive chance to stun enemy
Maldzuhard's Scepter - Mana/Mana Regen/Spell Power (will add it later) bonuses and passive chance to cast chain lightning

Level 4
Yes it's a Royal Guard! REP+ to both of you.

Items will be:
Allain's Hammer - Damage/HP bonus and passive chance to stun enemy
Maldzuhard's Scepter - Mana/Mana Regen/Spell Power (will add it later) bonuses and passive chance to cast chain lightning

How about X-Hammer? cuz for me Allain sucks.... to be serious I dont like my name cuz Im a boy and my name sounds like a girlish....

Level 5
Maldruzard* ;L Hehe, glad to hear you are making fast hero and item progress on your map, I wouldn't worry too much about the terrain in a map like this to be honest!

Good luck

Level 4
Maldruzard* ;L Hehe, glad to hear you are making fast hero and item progress on your map, I wouldn't worry too much about the terrain in a map like this to be honest!

Good luck

For me he should make the terrain good cuz to me it looks bad... This is the only factor that makes the game ruined..... Not to be offending the game or Unelith but its true. Well, Im making the terrain for him.... and I do IT FREE OF CHARGE NO CREDITS NEEDED! I HELP ANYONE!

Level 5
For me he should make the terrain good cuz to me it looks bad... This is the only factor that makes the game ruined..... Not to be offending the game or Unelith but its true. Well, Im making the terrain for him.... and I do IT FREE OF CHARGE NO CREDITS NEEDED! I HELP ANYONE!

Yup speaking about terrain, could you please send it to me soon? I finished most of things i wanted to do in Alpha 0.2 so i need a terrain to put the units there.

Level 5
Ok, now only few things left to Alpha 0.2 release. I think i will upload this version at next Monday but i'm not sure. Maybe earlier, maybe later.

I would upload it earlier but encountered some annoying bugs with triggers and realized my map weights 10MB so i had to compress and re-import a lot of custom textures. Now it weights 7.9MB unprotected so it will be playable in multiplayer - don't worry about it.

Level 4
Ok, now only few things left to Alpha 0.2 release. I think i will upload this version at next Monday but i'm not sure. Maybe earlier, maybe later.

I would upload it earlier but encountered some annoying bugs with triggers and realized my map weights 10MB so i had to compress and re-import a lot of custom textures. Now it weights 7.9MB unprotected so it will be playable in multiplayer - don't worry about it.

WoW..... Your map looks in trouble! Only few KB and your finish..... I mean is only few KB then its 8MB! You should avoid using many imports and BTW I know of an program that reduces MDX file sizes. Its MDXSquisher but I dont know if it affects the quality of the model when you reduce the size.

Level 5
My map will weight 7.4 after i will protect it. Protecting removes useless data so it reduces map's size. And this i think the only time that size got so large because i added new ui that weights around 1.5MB. But i wouldn't like to compress it. Compressing units' textures doesn't affect the quality that much but compressing the UI or icons makes them look bad.

Level 9
Hey a girl hero! Only 1? Let me contribute another.
BTNHeroWarden.png

Morhsa - Night's Shadow

warden.gif

Character Classification: Melee, Ganker
Main Attribute: Agility

Attributes:

28001au.jpg
-------

24o6nm8.jpg
----------

34no26c.jpg
-----

Abilities:

Moonlight Sonata [ T ]

She will dance and spin out her attacks and deal splash damage per second. Deals 10/20/30/40/50 in 5 seconds. Deals extra 100 damage if casted on nighttime.

Star Sparkle [ L ]

Showers sparkles of light to enemies. Deals 20/30/40/50/60 damage per light. 500 AoE. 3 waves, 2 lights. Channeling. If casted on night, release 3 lights.

Midnight Pulse
Creates a beam of green light, dealing damage and knockback to enemies. 5% chance on the morning, 5/10/15/20/25% in nighttime. Deals 25/50/75/100/125, deals 400 unit knockback on nighttime.

spiritofvengeance.gif

Vengance of the Moon [ M ]

Turns the time midnight, and 1st skill will amplify 50/65/80 more damage. 2nd Skill will add 1/2/3 more waves. 3rd Skill +25%/30%/35% chance to activate Midnight pulse. Morsha will turn into this unit, dealing extra 20/30/40 damage and 3/4/5 armor.

-Da Fist-

P.S. Alhpa review below. Add to Warcraft III/Replays

Attachments

• Arcane Ritual - Da Fist's Review.w3g
    122.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 5
Hey a girl hero! Only 1? Let me contribute another.
BTNHeroWarden.png

Morhsa - Night's Shadow

warden.gif

Character Classification: Melee, Ganker
Main Attribute: Agility

Attributes:

28001au.jpg
-------

24o6nm8.jpg
----------

34no26c.jpg
-----

Abilities:

Moonlight Sonata [ T ]

She will dance and spin out her attacks and deal splash damage per second. Deals 10/20/30/40/50 in 5 seconds. Deals extra 100 damage if casted on nighttime.

Star Sparkle [ L ]

Showers sparkles of light to enemies. Deals 20/30/40/50/60 damage per light. 500 AoE. 3 waves, 2 lights. Channeling. If casted on night, release 3 lights.

Midnight Pulse
Creates a beam of green light, dealing damage and knockback to enemies. 5% chance on the morning, 5/10/15/20/25% in nighttime. Deals 25/50/75/100/125, deals 400 unit knockback on nighttime.

spiritofvengeance.gif

Vengance of the Moon [ M ]

Turns the time midnight, and 1st skill will amplify 50/65/80 more damage. 2nd Skill will add 1/2/3 more waves. 3rd Skill +25%/30%/35% chance to activate Midnight pulse. Morsha will turn into this unit, dealing extra 20/30/40 damage and 3/4/5 armor.

-Da Fist-

P.S. Alhpa review below. Add to Warcraft III/Replays

That hero idea is pretty good but i think she has too much damage skills. And i wanted to give turning time into night to another hero. Well i will think about it - i have time because i think the hero i'm talking about will appear first on Alpha 0.4 (i'm adding 5 heroes per update and for Alpha 0.3 i already have all ideas expect support hero) probably along with your hero.

So if you have some ideas for hero that supports his allies by adding bufs, healing, restoring/sharing mana etc. you can post it.

PS. I cannot open the replay, my Warcraft III is 1.24a because i'm often playing online with my friend who has 1.24a and when he tries to update to 1.26 - he cannot - so i'm not updating to 1.26. I know there is a version changer for Warcraft 3 but all of Version Changer patches i found are changing WC3 language to English when i want my Warcraft to be in Polish language.

Level 5
Okay, the Alpha 0.2 version is released!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=bzrmuy
I uploaded both English and Polish versions.
Please review!

And now some words about what will be in Alpha 0.3
- Five new heroes
- Advanced diplomacy system between players
- AI-controled tower guardians
- AoS version of the map (I know it's a bit late, but i prefer releasing it later and better than earlier and worse)

If i will be planning to add something more - of course i will announce it.
Stay connected - check the thread and the first post recently to get all news about Arcane Ritual map.

AND FINALLY, after struggling with version switchers - i finally have open Da Fist's review. I watched it closely and here is my response to bugs you found:
- You had "Balta" because i think you choosen Baltazar as your hero and then restarted the map.
- Emanuel spawned at your base because of Warcraft randomly choosing between the player start locations. This is fixed now.
- Undroppable items, well i will change this
- Units can no longer carry items
- Well Zuben can blink through river and i will not fix it because i would then had to remove the bridge hidden under an illusion (in newer versions there will be a cinematic that gives a hint how to dispell the illusion)
- The Fire Altar is now seperated from the road by a high mountain so you cannot channel or blink through it
- You can no longer start channeling at Earth Altar when it is protected, but when shield suddenly appears, it doesn't interrupt the channeling. When i tried to fix it - the player was unable to get any altar, so i decided to leave it that way until i will find a perfect solution
- I saw you couldn't perform the Arcane Ritual. That's just weird because i tried it by myself a lot of times with different characters and it worked every time. I think it may be because you have to type commands such as "-debug_ai" or "-debug_start" at the beginning of the game, not in the middle

Last edited:
Level 5
Interesting! Much less bugs than when I last played, for which I am very grateful ;) Starting in the wrong base was very inconvenient!

A few quick suggestions:

- Channelling should have some sort of visual indicator to make it more impressive/noticeable: create some sort of fire effect on the channeller when they begin to capture the fire altar, frost on the ice one, etc... just a nice little addition to make the process look a lot nicer!

- A small amount of doodads wouldn't go amiss! I understand the reasons for lack of trees, but some skulls, dead bushes, impaled corpses, etc, would liven the place up a bit and make the map a little less bland! How about some tile variation too, not just the plain ol' dusty earth? :)

- The spells are good on most heroes that I tried, one problem I can remember is that the whirlwind ability on the blademasterey-person was far too flashy, the effect needs to be toned down a lot, perhaps even change the model to something a little less dramatic? I would understand if it was his ultimate spell, but being as it is quite spammable, go for something less flashy if you want to stray from the default whirlwind model.

- Troop upgrading and variation? Due to lack of people to play this with, I didn't play it for too long on my own, but I did not see many different unit types to train, though I'm not advising hundreds per person!

- Why is there so many shops? Some only sell one item, surely it would be more space efficient and nicer looking to simply bundle all the items into only a few shops, weapons, armour, potions, etc? Searching through the shops one by one got irritating!

Other than that, good work, if you polish this right and keep improving it, it may well become a game that quite a few people play!

Good luck :)

Level 5
Interesting! Much less bugs than when I last played, for which I am very grateful ;) Starting in the wrong base was very inconvenient!

A few quick suggestions:

- Channelling should have some sort of visual indicator to make it more impressive/noticeable: create some sort of fire effect on the channeller when they begin to capture the fire altar, frost on the ice one, etc... just a nice little addition to make the process look a lot nicer!

- A small amount of doodads wouldn't go amiss! I understand the reasons for lack of trees, but some skulls, dead bushes, impaled corpses, etc, would liven the place up a bit and make the map a little less bland! How about some tile variation too, not just the plain ol' dusty earth? :)

- The spells are good on most heroes that I tried, one problem I can remember is that the whirlwind ability on the blademasterey-person was far too flashy, the effect needs to be toned down a lot, perhaps even change the model to something a little less dramatic? I would understand if it was his ultimate spell, but being as it is quite spammable, go for something less flashy if you want to stray from the default whirlwind model.

- Troop upgrading and variation? Due to lack of people to play this with, I didn't play it for too long on my own, but I did not see many different unit types to train, though I'm not advising hundreds per person!

- Why is there so many shops? Some only sell one item, surely it would be more space efficient and nicer looking to simply bundle all the items into only a few shops, weapons, armour, potions, etc? Searching through the shops one by one got irritating!

Other than that, good work, if you polish this right and keep improving it, it may well become a game that quite a few people play!

Good luck :)
First of all, thanks for playing and supporting my map. Now here are my responses to things you pointed out.

- I will be adding the channeling progress bar that will appear over hero's head. And additional effects sounds good, will try it

Yeah i will add some doodads, but first i need to complete entire terrain. And there aren't really many choices for the terrain, the cliffs can only have two textures in this tileset so this will be one-dimensional terrain. But i will make the roads look different, and i can also experiment with JNGP features that i think allow merging the tilesets.

Well, when i will add the background story for each single character, you will see why Bagrag has such an effect. He is strongly connected with lightnings so he uses it in combat.

Now the troops are very schematic. There are only melee troops, three levels of them for each hero and they are mostly the same. Some just have different weapon and armor types. This will be changed too. There will be three types of units for each hero. First are the melee units that already are there. Second are the ranged units, and third are the spellcasters. Of course each faction will have different abilities that will also depend on unit's upgrade. And talking about upgrades - the units will be able to level up, but this will be different than for heroes. Each unit will have four experience levels: Recruit, Regular, Experienced and Veteran. When they reach Veteran level, they can be upgraded to next unit type, even if the tower or village doesn't have the required level. Also each level will give them a stat bonuses.

There are so many shops because i wanted to make it better than in DotA. I mean, there are only few shops but they are not-clearly described. Here i named the shops - "Damage", "Mana" etc. And you don't need to search for a set reagent. If you don't have all the reagents, but you have enough gold to buy the missing ones, and then the set - you can just try to buy the set. The gold will be automaticly spended to buy the reagents and then it will automaticly buy the set. But if you really want to find it - just look at set's description (for example - Edge of Endlessness gives damage and critical strike bonus, that means that it's reagents are giving damage and/or critical strike bonus too - so you can find it pretty easily). But the shops are taking too much space and are hard to customize (couldn't get the shops to sort the items by it's stats or even price in gold), so in future i will add the new shop system. It will work that way:
There is an one shop that sells all the items. If you are near it and you select it - the camera will lock to the shop and you will see a multiboard that is controlled by arrow keys. This will make the item shopping very much easier i think.

And again - thanks for playing and commenting. Stay connected and check the thread and first post recently. I will be posting another hero character card soon, so be ready for it. If you, or someone else has some questions about Arcane Ritual - just ask i will answer to it.

Level 5
Ok, i have important announcment. Because of not only school, but also a lot of private obligations, i have to pause work on this project. But if you wanted this map quickly - don't worry, this is not forever, i'm just pausing it, not abadoning. I think most people would not even notice this short break. It will be around few days. But still stay connected to the thread - this break might be even shorter, i will post here when the break will end.

Actually, nevermind, i have now time to continue the map.

Last edited:
Level 4
Those are all cool! Can't make a decision. Why? Because I love dragons so I might vote Naberius and I love Fire monsters so I might vote Vargol too. But I choose Vargol. Love it!

Off-topic: The Ui looks cool can I have it in my game too? Will put you on credits list!

Level 5
I see many votes for Vargol. So he will be in Alpha 0.3 release.
16746552d77646586f51b017fe62969278805b15.png

Vargol - Burning Giant
1674655198d3c0ed4a8b0eb7ee65bcc22b75823a.png

Character classification: Tank, Warrior, Melee
Main attribute: Strength

Attributes:
28001au.jpg
----------------
24o6nm8.jpg
----

Abilities:
icons_8434_btn.jpg

Crushing Charge
Jumps at the target, dealing 50/100/150/200/250 chaos damage to him, stunning him for 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 and knocking back the nearby enemies.

icons_6377_btn.jpg

Shattering Stomp
Stomps at the ground, knocking the target into Vargol and dealing him 20/40/60/80/100 damage.

icons_13958_btn.jpg

Fierce Roar
Scares all opponents in range for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

icons_13974_btn.jpg

!Ulitimate! Frightnening Warcry
Causes an earthquake on entire map and slowes down all enemies by 50/70/90% for 5 seconds.

Level 4
I see many votes for Vargol. So he will be in Alpha 0.3 release.
16746552d77646586f51b017fe62969278805b15.png

Vargol - Burning Giant
1674655198d3c0ed4a8b0eb7ee65bcc22b75823a.png

Character classification: Tank, Warrior, Melee
Main attribute: Strength

Attributes:
28001au.jpg
----------------
24o6nm8.jpg
----

Abilities:
icons_8434_btn.jpg

Crushing Charge
Jumps at the target, dealing 50/100/150/200/250 chaos damage to him, stunning him for 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 and knocking back the nearby enemies.

icons_6377_btn.jpg

Shattering Stomp
Stomps at the ground, knocking the target into Vargol and dealing him 20/40/60/80/100 damage.

icons_13958_btn.jpg

Fierce Roar
Scares all opponents in range for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

icons_13974_btn.jpg

!Ulitimate! Frightnening Warcry
Causes an earthquake on entire map and slowes down all enemies by 50/70/90% for 5 seconds.

You really do make cool models and skins. Are you a good skinner and modeller?

Level 19
Since he seems like a tank, you should change maybe his 3rd (?) skill into a self heal spell or something that reduces damage intake. If you dont want, instead of reducing his damage, make an ability which maxes it out so he can easily remove threats. Tanks dont last forever, you know. he needs a fall back ability to either remove threats or support himself.

Last skill is too overpowered. Honestly, I dont see any Fire aspect in this hero. You should utilize his eyes too for an ability. They're too bad ass to be left out. Add something unique to this hero.
It could be that he runs on kills not mana.

Level 4
Since he seems like a tank, you should change maybe his 3rd (?) skill into a self heal spell or something that reduces damage intake. If you dont want, instead of reducing his damage, make an ability which maxes it out so he can easily remove threats. Tanks dont last forever, you know. he needs a fall back ability to either remove threats or support himself.

Last skill is too overpowered. Honestly, I dont see any Fire aspect in this hero. You should utilize his eyes too for an ability. They're too bad ass to be left out. Add something unique to this hero.
It could be that he runs on kills not mana.

That was a good idea of making his 3rd skill that will support him but I think Vargol is really a full fledged tanker and needs support on other teammates for healing.

Level 19
Well he wont last forever you know. Its not good to make a tank have 0 self-support spells.
Having a support help you all the time is also not good. There is really no full supports ingame, since they need to kill once in a while.

Trust me on this one. Maybe instead of a sort of stat increase, a Backfire spell would do. Nobody would smack him if you would also get hurt by it. Could be an On/Off one where he has a flame cloak and it burns attackers.

Level 5
Yeah maybe that model is good but it weight freaking 1MB so i have a big big trouble.

And he actually has 40 Strength at beginning, so he has a lot of hp. If i would give him a heal spell - he would be overpowered. I mean - scary amount of hp, you cannot run away from him (2nd skill), he can stun you (1st skill) and he can slow you down a lot (Ultimate). And if he would be able to heal - it would be just too much. No-one would be able to kill him. No self-support abilities is his con - i want everybody to have some cons.

Level 4
Yeah maybe that model is good but it weight freaking 1MB so i have a big big trouble.

And he actually has 40 Strength at beginning, so he has a lot of hp. If i would give him a heal spell - he would be overpowered. I mean - scary amount of hp, you cannot run away from him (2nd skill), he can stun you (1st skill) and he can slow you down a lot (Ultimate). And if he would be able to heal - it would be just too much. No-one would be able to kill him. No self-support abilities is his con - i want everybody to have some cons.

Maybe use the mdx. squisher. It will reduce file size but I know there will be some side effects on the quality.

And did you just say 40 STRENGTH!? That's a big one, it doesnt need any healing skill because it will be Imba (Imbalanace)!

OFF-TOPIC: Hey, can I use your UI in your game? I love it. Fits on my Rise of the Lich KIng. You will be written in the credits!

Level 5
I just noticed something...

629619.jpg

Nothing appeared when i clicked "Reveal"

Maybe use the mdx. squisher. It will reduce file size but I know there will be some side effects on the quality.

And did you just say 40 STRENGTH!? That's a big one, it doesnt need any healing skill because it will be Imba (Imbalanace)!

OFF-TOPIC: Hey, can I use your UI in your game? I love it. Fits on my Rise of the Lich KIng. You will be written in the credits!

I tried. The model didn't lose even a single byte of size after squishing. It worked with other models, but not this one. And yes you can use my UI, will upload it later to pastebin.
And about the strength - yes, that's why i didn't give him any heal. Plus he has no mana. He only has 400 stamina - and he cannot increase it with any items.

Level 12
Unelith said:
And in the other version of the map - there are three players. They are enemies of each other - so this is 1vs1vs1. But if they want - they can make (and then broke up) alliances. The main goal is to destroy the enemies' towers. Each player has his own tower - it's his only building where he can hire troops. But the towers are indestructible - the player needs to perform the Arcane Ritual. He does it by taking control of three altars: Fire Altar, Lightning Altar and Earth Altar and then performing the ritual at the Arcane Temple. When he finally does it - the enemies' towers become vunreable and the player that performed the ritual gets control of few powerful magic creatures. Of course there are a lot of secondary goals - you can conquer villages to get gold, improve your tower so you can create more powerful troops and take control of Elemental Crypts that makes taking control of altars more quicker. The type of players' units and the units summned by ritual depends on which hero the player chooses. For example if he chooses a necromancer - he will control undead. Taking control of the altars is the hero channeling for specified amount of time. When someone tries to take control of altar - the other players are warned so they can react quickly and interupt the whole process. Of course getting to the altars isn't so easy - there are few obstacles you need to pass through. The players units ale classified as heroes - they can level up and when they reach maximum level - they can be upgraded. For example a peasant can be upgraded into a swordsman. If the player doesn't like controlling all units by himself - he can write the chat command and make his units ai-controlled - they will follow the hero and help him during battle, so the player doesn't need to care about units and can focus about the hero. I think this map would be a lot of fun and it will be interesting.

awww, my eyes hurt when reading this, separate it with paragraph, please. and on the credit list, it's all white, hard to read! but at least you did create a good credit list.

Alpha 0.2EN Version
Alpha 0.2PL Version

describe what is EN and what is PL in the map description,

and why Vargol cannot recover his stamina with items ? will his stamina's recover rate sufficient ?

this project sounds great !

Status
Not open for further replies.