1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arcane Ritual - Multiplayer map

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Unelith, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah that hero is nice. But i first need to finish the terrain and items and then i will focus on making more heroes. And you're right - i'm from Poland. But fire spell that freezes is something unique. You will not see spell like this anywhere else.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  2. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now only translation left to releasing Alpha 0.1 version.

3. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Totally subscribing to this. If you ever need idea help, visit my workshop.
    Also suggestion - hide all heroes in a bigger hidden tag.

4. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I would like to know the model of the Blood mage where you GameShark?:?? and if it has available for download???????

5. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats a skin, I think.

6. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, noticed. This is getting popular. Maybe because of the Project Spotligh

EDIT: WISH MY PROJECT MAP IS IN PROJECT SPOTLIGHT...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  7. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup. Spotlights really help.
    If you need hero ideas though, gladly help. Really wanna spew it out here.

8. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alpha 0.1 will be released tomorrow, or maybe even later today if i will do the translations quick.
    And sorry for my absence. I had no internet connection.

Thanks for support. At the moment i have a lot of ideas but when i will need help - i will ask.

This is just Blood Mage with changed texture. I made the texture by myself.

9. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry Unelith. Cant continue the terrain yet busy on handling my game. Many features to add on my Infinite Blade

10. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually made a lot of terrain. And i will finish it myself, i no longer need terraining help. But thanks anyway.

11. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you can send me the Blood mage I thank you very much

you could send me?

12. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. I added first Alpha version. To the first post.
    Click to download
    But before you start to say a lot of bad things about it, here is something you should know.
    - As you see in the progress, the map terrain IS NOT COMPLETE. So what you see in this map isn't the terrain you will see in final version
    - The map has no AI yet. If you want to play singleplayer so badly - type in "-debug_ai" command. It will force player 2 and player 3 to pick a debug hero. But this heroes will not do anything. They will just stand and autoattack when someone comes closer. I just recommend playing multiplayer 1vs1vs1.
    - The troops that you can recruit in the towers will not be only troops available. There will be 9 troops for each hero and one caravan unit
    - There still may be few sentences that weren't translated - i don't know if i didn't miss something. If you will find some - tell me about it
    - Most importantly - this IS NOT FINAL VERSION. If someone isn't happy because a lot of features are missing - don't worry, i will add a lot of things. Just check out the thread for news.
    - Yes, the map is protected. You cannot open it in the world editor - if you want to know some triggers i used or something like that - ask me for it.

Also i have few things that some of you should know:
    - AoS 5vs5 Dota-Like version isn't ready to upload yet. I will upload it in 2-3 days.
    - In this version there are two mystery heroes i didn't announce and i didn't mention them in first post. I will make their cards in first post later.
    - Items information will be uploaded in first post too. But just not at this moment. Still have a lot of very important things to do.

And now some things you will see in Alpha 0.2:
    - New UI but i will not tell what it will look alike
    - Five new heroes - one is Morgen The Gunslinger, credits to Da Fist for the character, another one is very very special character. It will be female character - there will not be a lot of females in the map, i don't know if there even be more than one. But i just had to add this one. Three other heroes - TBA (To Be Announced).
    - Obviously a lot of new items.

At the moment i cannot tell more. Check the thread frequently for more updates and news.

13. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I found a problem right off the bat when you choose a hero he is locking right there at the beginning. O.O

the arcane vault cage the hero

14. Maldruzard

Maldruzard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Didn't have much time to test, but straight away: Instant mode in fact did not give me a level 20 nor 6000 gold, and when my hero spawned in 'instant mode', it was in a base full of buildings belonging to another player, while my buildings were at the other side of the map D:

Terrain looks decent as it is so far, maybe a bit more work needed (I read what you said, I am taking into consideration its super early). To be honest, I wouldn't over complicate the terrain in a map like this, super complex and beautiful terrain with thousands of doodads is a good thing in ORPGs and other single player or slow paced games, but in a fast paced action packed game like this is intended to be, too much detail in the terrain could distract from the gameplay itself, which should always be the main focus.

Spells and heroes look good, game concept overall also looks good. Good luck :)

15. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ummm... some problems in your map. Im stuck in the arcane vault buildings..... I cant even move. Pls fix it do not worry Ill still support you!

16. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uploaded new release (Alpha 0.1.1EN). Now the item shops are further from the tower and i fixed the bad hero spawn thing.

And instant mode gives 20 level and 6000 gold when all 3 players pick a hero or game host types in -debug_start command. Try it and you will get 20 level. It will be changed later but i think it's a minor thing.

17. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    ARCANE RITUAL 0.1.1 REVIEW
    I must say Unelith that this game is very promising and made it into the Spotlight but I must say that the terrain looks bad to me.... Its just like a maze maybe add trees and doodads (I cant even see a tree in the game. Just cliffs), it will add some cool touch in your map but dont worry when Im done with the terrain....Ill send it to you! And one more thing... a bug! When I choosed my hero, I was spawned at my base but the Arcane Vault belongs to my enemy and when I saw the enemy's base the Arcane Vault belongs to me.... Thats a bug. I know this is only the first APLHA version but maybe improve the terrain. Terrain is the main thing you should improve! For the heroes, they are cool! Well-made skills and even the models of the heroes fits them.

This will improve the game if you do this on your map!

REVIEW:

Game Creativity: 27/40

Triggers: 15/20

Terrain: 5/20

Heroes: 18/20

TOTAL: 65/100

SCORE SCREEN:
    If...
    you got 0 points = 0/5 rating and no REP!
    you got 1-20 points = 1/5 rating and no REP!
    you got 21-40 points = 2/5 rating and no REP!
    you got 41-60 points = 3/5 rating and +1 REP!
    you got 61-80 points = 4/5 rating and +1 REP!
    you got 81-100 points = 5/5 rating and either +1 or 2 REP....LOL!

So you have a 65 points out of 100 points... 4/5 and a +REP! Improve the game more.

(P.S: Sorry if my review sucks...lol Im a sucker!)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  18. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems Warcraft just doesn't recognize players' start locations and spawns the base randomly. Don't worry i will fix it too. Yeah the terrain isn't the best, but there are few trees (near earth altar). I thought i don't need to place the trees because this is supposed to be a completely dead terrain. That's why i added undead at the way to the temple. Yeah but i will add some other doodads. And i think 4/5 rating for this Alpha version is more than enough. This is very very early version. I should release the map later, but i decided to post it now, to let people to atleast see the heroes in-game. This isn't even fully playable as you see (arcane vault problems).

BTW. Thanks for reporting about the bugs. It helps me a lot because i'm so busy i sometimes miss some bugs.

EDIT: Fixed the arcane vault bugs in 0.1.2

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  19. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I know it is too early to give 4/5 ratings but Its true.... its worth it. Just need to improve the terrain and your map is good to go!:thumbs_up:

Oh and even dead terrain have trees too... its just a tree like northrend tree... the black one! with no leaves in it...completely dead.

20. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah but i just don't have an idea where to place them. When i tried to do it - they just didn't fit where i placed them. So i decided to save it for later