1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arcane Ritual - Multiplayer map

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Unelith, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm, I'd like to see Hellball in action. :p

2. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can send a screenshot when it will be ready.

3. TwoVenomous

TwoVenomous

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    weird, i didn't notice this thread, it didn't even get bumped o_O

4. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't bump this because i don't have any breaking news right now. Lot of things don't work, and i don't have good terrainer for AoS version, so the progress is slow now.

5. TwoVenomous

TwoVenomous

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    have you tried posting on Project Recruitment section ? these might help.

and it's indeed really hard to find a terrainer, i also helping my friend to find terrainer.
    just don't give up on this.

and what's 'lot of things don't work' exactly ? maybe i could help you.

6. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all sorry for late reply but had a lot of studying, that's most important to me. Now i have two weeks free so i can finish the map.

Example of things that don't work were Xeyorth skills. The weapon-switch skill crashed the game - i deleted it and now i'm doing this ability from beginning. This is just an example, there are more bugs, it would take me an hour to describe them all here. But i will try to fix them. But worst thing is that no-one took my terrain and model request. I need new model for Jack Caster but no-one replied to my thread in Requests forum. So i must use standard Demon Hunter model and animations - it will look a bit weird. And of course a thing that makes all Warcraft mappers sick - map size limit. I am still afraid i will exceed it and i don't know what can i compress this time. Last time i compressed most of textures, so now there isn't anything to compress.

7. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just to let you know, even though i didn't post anything, it doesn't mean progress isn't going forward. Just two more heroes to do (re-do actually), and some terraining and it will be there. Expect Alpha 0.3 in two weeks, that's probably the final date.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  8. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Great to see some progress here! ;)

9. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all i am happy to see some comments again, that really motivated me.
    Right now i am trying to make the AoS map look decent. Then some tests and it should be ready 29th of this month around 9 PM (in Polish time).

And one more thing - i think it's important announcement:
    I have tested the multiboard shop system multiplayer, and it's broken. I have tried to find a bug but there are so much triggers that i just lost myself, so i said screw it and instead of it i will just add normal Arcane Vault shops, but with one change - items now will be divided into Tiers instead of Damage, Mana etc.

There will be 4 tiers at the moment (3 tiers - basic, advanced, epic and seperate supplies tier). Basic items are these that don't have any reagents. Advanced items are made from atleast one basic item. Epic items are made from atleast one advanced item. Supplies will be potions, sight wards etc.

I hope that it will be easier to find items in tier shops.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  10. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arcane Ritual AoS Alpha 0.3EN

Please download and report here about the bugs. Post your opinions.

Disclaimer: This is based on DotA Template by SD_Ryoko, since i am bad terrainer. The terrain will be changed step by step in next updates, so this is nowhere near final version.

11. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arcane Ritual AoS Alpha 0.3.1EN

Small update:
    - Jack Caster's Hellball and Breaking Storm now work properly
    - The Arcane Ritual interface now shows up instead of default one
    - Icons of Xeyorth's abilities have been fixed (Thunder Form, Inner Fire and Energy Field all had Thunder Form's icon)
    - Debug messages are no longer displayed when Jack Caster is using Breaking Storm or Isaac Missile Storm

Please download and report here about the bugs. Post your opinions.

12. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is the newest hero:

[​IMG]
    Fuseeno - Demented Deciever
    Fuseeno - Demented Deciever
    [​IMG]
    Character classification: Carry, Stealth, Nuker, Melee
    Main attribute: Agility

Attributes:
    [​IMG] --------
    [​IMG] ----------
    [​IMG] ------

Abilities:
    [​IMG]
    (Passive, Init) Disappear
    After 5 seconds out of fight, Fuseeno goes invisible.

[​IMG]
    Telesmash
    Fuseeno teleports behind the targeted unit and knocks it into his previous location, dealing 70/80/90/100/110 physical damage. Then he teleports back there.

[​IMG]
    Decieve
    Creates a clone that follows the targeted enemy for 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 seconds, and then disappears. Immediatly activates Disappear.

[​IMG]
    Ice Block
    Throws an ice block at the target, dealing 50/55/60/65/70 magic damage, ministunning it and slowing down by 5/10/15/20/25% for 1.5 seconds.

[​IMG]
    !Ultimate! One Man Army
    Creates clones that quickly dash into all enemy heroes on the map and deal 600/700/800 magic damage to them.

13. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is anyone still interested in this map? I am between versions alpha 0.4 and alpha 0.5 already, i had no internet but i worked on it, so do you want me to post regular updates or just upload the map after i will finish first beta version?

14. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Keep posting, it would be better if you did post the map for everyone to be able to test it out.

15. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... right now i have a version that is between those two. Wait a second, i will upload it as it is right now. Also thanks for replying, i have to make this thread alive again.

EDIT: Here is the download link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=6mm001
    I am not posting it into main post, for this is just a snapshot and it was never supposed to be uploaded.

- In this version i have removed the UI because of 8mb limit that i almost exceed everytime, but i will try to bring it back if there will be free space.
    - I also started working on spellbooks. They are near the item shops. One can select two spellbooks and then the rest becomes unavailable. This is similar to summoner's spells in League of Legends, shortcuts are F2 and F3 (i used dummy heroes for this). BUT AS FOR THE VERY MOMENT, ONLY THE WAR SPELLBOOK WORKS!
    - I don't recommend using Q'Areb Zareg's (Almighty Titan) ultimate too often, for it will crash the game after some uses. I am working on this issue.
    - The fountains don't work. They don't restore neither health nor mana. That's because i removed the abilities from them and i was about to change regeneration system, so it would regenerate % health instead of flat value, and so it wouldn't regenerate mana in case of heroes like Jack Caster or Rodon Reynn, who use other resources, but in code their resource is still recognized as mana.
    - Garthog is screwed up, i will be reworking him to a simple necromancer as fast as possible because he is causing too many problems
    - When Jack Caster is changing stances, his armor increases permamently. I will have to use different stance changing system. Same with Xeyorth.
    - This may be a little annoying, in some spells i have screwed up location variables, so for example when you want to dash to someone, it will send you to center of the map. But it happened to me just once with Rodon Reynn's Impaling Dash.

I think this is it. I will try to fix all these bugs. If you find more - report, so i will be able to fix them too, and maybe then the map will become playable after one or two versions.

16. Unelith

Unelith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alpha 0.5 is coming next week. I have already finished the heroes, added attack damage and spellpower scalings on new abilities. I just need to remake some old abilities so they will scale with sp/ad too and finish the spellbooks. I will not remake Garthog in this version for i don't have a complete idea of his new skills. Jack Caster's stance changing will be redone in 0.6, right now i just fixed the breaking storm bug that didn't let you to use it more often than once in a match (pretty long cooldown, lol).

I will update first post when i will have time, for when i have some time that i can spend on developing my map, the actual map takes priority over that post.

And i have an announcment, i think it will be better if i announce it right now than later, even though it will be done in future...

Final version of Arcane Ritual will include a launcher! Map will weigh much less megabytes. Launcher would check for updates and if Arcane Ritual wasn't up to date, it would ask user if he wants to update right now. This launcher would support LanCraft. But the main point of creating this launcher is to bypass the 8MB limit. It is annoying me since day one. Launcher would change the registry key for Wc3 in order to enable local files. And then it would put Arcane Ritual custom files - models, textures, etc. into main Wc3 directory, disable all the maps and custom campaigns for this run, and enable just Arcane Ritual. After the player exited, launcher would bring back normal Wc3. So simply - launcher would turn Wc3 into dedicated mode just to run Arcane Ritual. With this launcher, there will be a lot more custom models and i will not have to worry about the limits. What do you think about that? Will it work?

Btw. Happy new year! My resolution for this year is to create Arcane Ritual 1.0 - final, stable version without bugs.